Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old January 3rd, 2006, 07:50 PM   #1
KamikazeAthena
Warrior Ace

Cool Galactica in other languages

I know that the BSG film was released in a large number of languages and that you can get a region 2 DVD to prove it. Does anyone know how many languages that the actual TV series was dubbed in to? I recently picked up BSG TOS and Galactica 1980 dubbed into Italian off of ebay.it. Someone had pulled them off of Italian TV and was selling copies. I have to say it is a great way to study a foriegn language if you already have some knowledge of it.

Anyone else know of or seen BSG TOS in other languages?

BTW - The characters all seem to have kept thier english names with the exception of Starbuck who is now Scorpione. I would think that a name like Boxey would have changed but I have no idea why it has not. Maybe these were recently dubbed and the coffee chain threated to sue. Then again, we Italians do prefer Illy coffee to Starbucks!

KamikazeAthena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2006, 07:47 AM   #2
Centurion Draco
Equal rights for Cylons!

Thats an interesting thought Athena!
I wonder why they only changed Dirks name?
And Sporpione? Who made that decision?
It would certainly be an interesting study to see how many name variations were used in the different countries it was shown in.
Centurion Draco is offline   Reply With Quote