Go Back   Colonial Fleets > REJUVENATION CENTER > Galactica Cafe
Notices
Galactica Cafe A place to socialize and have fun!

Old January 26th, 2005, 08:32 AM   #1
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Default Some Silly Windows Humor

Hi all!!!

Well, for any of you (un)lucky enough to be stuck -- err, I mean blessed -- with the Windows XP operating system and its many flaws that always seem to need patching, here's a little humor I found on a tech forum...

These are a few excerpts from an online contest, to write an official "announcement" of yet another Windows patch being available:
  • For the first time in digital history, Microsoft has issued a patch which actually patches flaws in Windows without the need of a patch to fix the flaws created by the patch after the installation of this patch which is supposed to fix flaws in Windows which was supposed to have been corrected by the previoius patch. which created other flaws in Windows...
  • Is Windows Flaws the next release then, and will it come in 64 bits?
  • Didn't the P, in XP, stand for PATCH?
  • "Security experts today announced the discovery of a gaping operating system in the Windows patch."
Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2005, 08:41 AM   #2
Archangel
Bad Email Address

Windows:

Bill Gates' revenge for being a nerd.

"Revenge of the Nerd"
It sounds like a great movie title, don'cha think?
Archangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2005, 03:26 PM   #3
TrashTrampoline

They announced they are cracking down on piracy of the OS's. I wish they would put as much effort into the OS itself then maybe folks would feel more comfortable acually paying for their software. No other products released by any company requires that many fixes after purchase. Can you imagine having to take your car in for a "Fix" as often as Windows needs a "Patch". You would be outraged and rightfully so.

I never pay for an O.S., by the time a new O.S. is out I need a new PC anyway so I just buy the PC and live with the O.S. it comes with. I am now running XP-Home. I would never go out a purchase a standalone O.S. especially from MS.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...crosoft_piracy

Last edited by TrashTrampoline; January 26th, 2005 at 03:27 PM.. Reason: spelling