Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old March 31st, 2002, 11:32 AM   #1
Aliana

Young Lords, rewritten

I loooove the first ten minutes of this ep (from a SB-lover's POV), but HATE/LOATHE/DESPISE Kyle . . . did you notice that all he EVER did was ride around and blow that horn?

Anyway, when I'm stressed and need a vacation -- I like to write, so here is a link to MY version of TYL.

http://www.fanfiction.net/read.php?storyid=693206

Aliana
Old March 31st, 2002, 01:25 PM   #2
Aliana

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it. Fan fic seems about as close as we may ever get to new BSG . . .

Aliana
Old March 31st, 2002, 01:57 PM   #3
Aliana

Oooooh, Warrior! You're evil!

I really believed it -- until I got to Michael's disclaimer. :p

Aliana
Old March 31st, 2002, 04:16 PM   #4
LucianG
Warrior

Great job with the re-write Aliana! You always do such a good job, bringing so much to the story. We sure miss you writing with us in our Battlestar Callisto storyline, too.

Lucian
LucianG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2002, 04:48 PM   #5
Aliana

Hi, LucianG!

Glad you enjoyed it!

As for the Battllestar Callisto . . .alas, I have never been able to get caught up on the storylines. I just seem to be toooo tired during the week and have had other pursuits on the weekend. Maybe this summer, maybe, maybe . . . And I'm so out of touch -- is there a quick way to get up to speed on the storyline?

Aliana
Old March 31st, 2002, 05:08 PM   #6
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Thank you for the lovely story, Aliana. You have spiced up my Easter for me . Some things stick out in my mind; the description of Starbuck trudging thru the pond, I have done that and your description brings it back for me; the part about the tearing feeling in his shoulder - that too I can identify with; and Starbuck's dialogue is in keeping with his character exactly.

I wish you a wonderful Easter, and please do share more with us soon .

Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2002, 05:19 PM   #7
Aliana

Hi, Muffit!

I'm glad that you enjoyed it! Thanks for the comments, too. I don't have much new planned in the way of BSG fan fic, though. My goal for this summer is to begin writing something REAL (as in publishable), but all of my previous stories are posted at fanfiction.net.

http://www.fanfiction.net/list.php?categoryid=242

If you're interested, you can check them out. My "masterpiece" is called "Transitions." Darned thing ended up being 190 pages long!

Aliana

Last edited by Aliana; March 31st, 2002 at 05:22 PM..
Old March 31st, 2002, 08:32 PM   #8
ojai22
Dancing Viper Queen

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

Default TYL

Thanks, Aliana. I enjoyed that! Your version is more *logical.* I haven't seen the ep for awhile, but I do remember Kyle and his horn.

You gave me the link to the loo-oong story once and I started to read it in sections - boy, are you prolific! - then I lost it and couldn't find my way back to it. Thanks for the new link.

You might review Richard's books while you're here. And discuss any other ep that appeals to you.

Always glad to see you (see?)