Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old March 25th, 2004, 05:18 PM   #31
BSG_Sci_FiPulse
Warrior

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner/Webmaster
SciFiPulse.net

Well having seen the mini quite recently, I had to admit, I was not over keen on it. Then again I did actually watch the original series in it's entirety just prior to viewing the mini series. Yes I got me hands on the box set, the region 2 version anyhow and I really enjoyed watching it all over again. So basically I would love to see a continuation with the surviving cast members, and would also love to see DeSanto at the helm, because at least he respects the fans pov.

Yes I know it is a shameless plug but I am the one that has to live with it.
BSG_Sci_FiPulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2004, 05:49 PM   #32
dvo47p
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSG_Sci_FiPulse
Well having seen the mini quite recently, I had to admit, I was not over keen on it. Then again I did actually watch the original series in its entirety just prior to viewing the mini series. Yes I got me hands on the box set, the region 2 version anyhow and I really enjoyed watching it all over again. So basically I would love to see a continuation with the surviving cast members, and would also love to see DeSanto at the helm, because at least he respects the fans pov.
Hello Ian I just watched both versions of SOASW to unwind after a trip, I want your POV re: space based fights. Ronald D. Moore “eschewed” dogfights in space? But Adama tells Tigh Kara is the best pilot he has ever seen? Then after Kara told Lee that she put Zac in a Viper that killed him, she pulls a hotdog save of Lee?

Anywho, TOS dogfights from 1978 where IMO much better than those very confusing TNS mass charges of Vipers vs. Cylon fighters, firing off volleys of slow motion missiles? Ian it seems odd that in ’78 the CG work was better?

I’m talking post #6 trapdoor that shut down the new Vipers, the one TNS good idea, maybe?
dvo47p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2004, 05:52 PM   #33
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvo47p
Hello Ian I just watched both versions of SOASW to unwind after a trip, I want your POV re: space based fights. Ronald D. Moore “eschewed” dogfights in space? But Adama tells Tigh Kara is the best pilot he has ever seen? Then after Kara told Lee that she put Zac in a Viper that killed him, she pulls a hotdog save of Lee?

Anywho, TOS dogfights from 1978 where IMO much better than those very confusing TNS mass charges of Vipers vs. Cylon fighters, firing off volleys of slow motion missiles? Ian it seems odd that in ’78 the CG work was better?

I’m talking post #6 trapdoor that shut down the new Vipers, the one TNS good idea, maybe?

You said it DVO. TOS dogfights were ten times better because they had the Stu Phillips accompanying score. I have the 4 volume cd collection with the piece "Vipers vs Cylons" from Gun On Ice Planet Zero.
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2004, 06:00 PM   #34
dvo47p
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfish
You said it DVO. TOS dogfights were ten times better because they had the Stu Phillips accompanying score. I have the 4 volume cd collection with the piece "Vipers vs Cylons" from Gun On Ice Planet Zero.

I watched the credits & Glen A. Lason had his hand in 'Stu Phillips accompanying score', but KingFish what about just the CG work, Lasers vs. bullets?

Speaking of seeing Glen A. Larson got credit as 'Consulting Producer' on TNS.
dvo47p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2004, 07:46 PM   #35
BSG_Sci_FiPulse
Warrior

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner/Webmaster
SciFiPulse.net

Hey DVO thanks for the warm fuzzy welcome. Will give you a full critique tommorrow. In fact I may do it via scifipulse, cos I haven't done anything Galactica in quite some time.

Yes I know it is a shameless plug but I am the one that has to live with it.
BSG_Sci_FiPulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2004, 05:36 AM   #36
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvo47p

I watched the credits & Glen A. Lason had his hand in 'Stu Phillips accompanying score', but KingFish what about just the CG work, Lasers vs. bullets?

Speaking of seeing Glen A. Larson got credit as 'Consulting Producer' on TNS.

Lasers seem more realistic. The biggest feldercarb is science in science fiction. If I want science I will watch PBS. When I tune into a sci fi show I could care less about scientific fact. The CG work on the new show seemed WASTED and so were the poor people that worked on Moore's show. We see one Viper launch and there is no grand score or noise. I loved the WHOOSH sound a Viper made on TOS. Moore's space battle where the two opposing forces attack one another seemed like a Banzai charge from WWII. Let's face it the whole thing SUCKED!!!!
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2004, 08:41 AM   #37
gmd3d
Major

WELL I JUST GOT MY DVD COLLECTION AND IT WAS GREAT TO SEE THEM AGAIN AND I HAVE REFUSED TO SHOW THEM TO SOME FRIENDS (SO THEY WILL GO OUT AND GET THE DVD COLLECTION THEMSELVES) AM I BAD OR WHAT

Now ather watching some of them for the first time in years and i really enjoyed the battles in the TOS more than in the MINI which was static and no fun it was great seening the viper WHOOSHING (as kingfish said) past the screen was just the best.
I won't say the show sucked but it did not live up to the TOS at all as I have not watch Galactica in a few years not because I did not want too I could not. and the recording I made of the TOS sucked.
To me the Mini is not BSG it a diet coke version tasty but not the real thing GIVE ME COKE COLA sorry I mean BSG.
should have called the MINI
Code:
battle beyond the stars
or something along the same line.
BUT I will watch the MINI out of interest more than anything .. there are some aspects of the Mini that I like.
and I like Edward James Olmos as William Adama he not Commander Adama played by Lorne Greene but he has given the Character something.
But i want a movie with Richard Hatch and DIRK as Starbuck with important bit included.

"The world is my country, science my religion.”
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote