Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old January 20th, 2003, 12:16 PM   #1
dvo47p
Bad Email Address

Default Reviewer: A reader from the mind of RGrant

Battlestar Galactica Classic
by Glen A. Larson, Robert Thurston

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=books

Probably the best two BG books, March 4, 2002
Reviewer: A reader from the mind of RGrant
In February of 2001, it was announced that Battlestar Galactica would be revived as a new TV series. I'm willing to bet within a month this re-issue of the first two Galactica novels was planned as an attempt by Glen Larson, faded TV producer, to cash in on his old series. He didn't write them, but there's his name, first on the cover, ahead of the man who actually wrote them, Robert Thurston. The books are entertaining and explore the Saga of a Star World and Gun on Ice Planet Zero episodes in more depth. Ironically, the Galactica revival that was probably supposed to coincide with the release of this book, is long dead. Fox TV, which was supposed to air the new series, bailed out in November, 2001, when Bryan Singer abandoned the project in favor of X Men 2. Sequels are safer. --This text refers to the Paperback edition.

Last edited by dvo47p; January 20th, 2003 at 12:22 PM..
dvo47p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2003, 12:24 PM   #2
Micheleh
Watashiwa Shin no Noir

Veteran
Fleets Warrior
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFormer Assistant
Richard Hatch

I enjoyed those books very much. I wonder if a re-release is still in the works.
Micheleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2003, 12:27 PM   #3
dvo47p
Bad Email Address

Default Ray the book reviewer!

Quote:
Originally posted by Micheleh
I enjoyed those books very much. I wonder if a re-release is still in the works.
The book is for sale @ amazon.com
Old January 20th, 2003, 01:56 PM   #4
Sci-Fi
Bad Email Address

Hey, that book report was private, dvo47!

Actually, my goal is to become the #1 rated reviewer at Amazon. I've written 147 reviews so far, and have gotten 6 of those HELPFUL votes.
Sci-Fi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2003, 04:54 PM   #5
dvo47p
Bad Email Address

Default From the from the mind of RGrant

Quote:
Originally posted by dvo47p Battlestar Galactica Classic
by Glen A. Larson, Robert Thurston

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=books

Probably the best two BG books, March 4, 2002
Reviewer: A reader from the mind of RGrant
!!!GREAT REVIEW!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by RGrant Hey, that book report was private, dvo47!
Actually, my goal is to become the #1 rated reviewer at Amazon. I've written 147 reviews so far, and have gotten 6 of those HELPFUL votes.
IF YA WANT TO REMAIN ANONAMOUS USE AN ALIAS

147 REVIEWS, WAY TO GO?
Old January 20th, 2003, 04:55 PM   #6
dvo47p
Bad Email Address

Default Plenty of Battlestar Galactica books @ amazon

I'm buying some tonight, anybody know Ron D. Moore or David Eick's addy?

The Long Patrol (Battlestar Galactica No 10) by Glen A. Larson, Ron Goulart (Mass Market Paperback)

Greetings from Earth (Battlestar Galactica Series, No 8) by Glen A. Larson, Ron Goulart (Paperback)

Die, Chameleon! (Battlestar Galactica No. 12) by Glen A. Larson, Robert Thurston (Mass Market Paperback)

Apollo's War (Battlestar Galactica, No 13) by Glen A. Larson, Robert Thurston (Mass Market Paperback)

The Cylon Death Machine (Battlestar Galactica Series, No. 2) by Glen A. Larson, Robert Thurston (Paperback)

Last edited by dvo47p; January 20th, 2003 at 05:11 PM..
Old January 20th, 2003, 05:55 PM   #7
The Blue Mule
Warrior

Hi All!
I just picked up the first re-print Galactica classic two novel paperpack, just to support original BSG. I like the "Gun on Ice Planet Zero" novel, the Vulpa and Cree background was fun,(there is no mention of the Columbia from Cree in the novel) as was the Adama and Croft past encounters, I especially enjoyed the Adama journals about the Legend Hero Miner Gavin(Saga), and Sharkey Star-rover(Ice) a character from a childrens book that is possibly lost for good after the defeat of the colonies.
These tidbits about the past and history of the characters are intesting but I dont need to know every minute of every moment in the history of the colonies. Leave it opened for the imagination and interpetation.

I sure damn didnt want to know about the Midi Cloreians but some"Got to explain it all" writer ruined the Force Mythos for good. For good!

Please don't ruin Galactica with all that!

Rich.