Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Miscellaneous Entertainment
Notices
Miscellaneous Entertainment Talk about any other shows not covered by other forums.

Old February 29th, 2004, 04:21 PM   #31
Gunstar Aries
Stubborn Colonial Warship

Default It's only true!

shiningstar, I could go back through and post the quotes where you've nailed it. Suffice to say between your posts and jewels, I don't have much more to say. Not 'til I see the movie, at least

GA
Old February 29th, 2004, 04:32 PM   #32
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunstar Aries
shiningstar, I could go back through and post the quotes where you've nailed it. Suffice to say between your posts and jewels, I don't have much more to say. Not 'til I see the movie, at least

GA
:laugh: Gunstar Aries
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 29th, 2004, 04:47 PM   #33
Sycorax
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Welcome to the club Sycorax!

Thanks ShiningStar, great to meet people like you, infact, there seems to be many cool people on this board.

Sycorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 29th, 2004, 05:27 PM   #34
Sycorax
Bad Email Address

http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/...passion29.html

blah, France says NO to Passion movie.

Old February 29th, 2004, 06:22 PM   #35
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sycorax

Grrrr. France never understands anything anymore. When I see things like this I see them as a nation that has fallen from it's former place of world leadership into the darkness of political correctness.

You know those crowds over half of which were in tears over Jesus' journey down the Via Dolorosa? It was Passover. In Jerusalem. Most of them were Jews too. I don't know how anyone could miss their faces and anguish over Jesus.

It doesn't matter who put him to death--Jesus came here SO THAT he could die and it had to be at the hands of another and the worst sort of death. The important thing about Jesus isn't who drove in the nails or handed him over (he forgave them!) it's who he died FOR! (everyone). Grrrr.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2004, 08:19 AM   #36
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:

I mean no OFFENSE to you Sycorax ........but for some reason I am not
surprised that FRANCE said no.
Old March 1st, 2004, 11:54 AM   #37
Micheleh
Watashiwa Shin no Noir

Veteran
Fleets Warrior
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFormer Assistant
Richard Hatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewels
Grrrr. France never understands anything anymore. When I see things like this I see them as a nation that has fallen from it's former place of world leadership into the darkness of political correctness.

You know those crowds over half of which were in tears over Jesus' journey down the Via Dolorosa? It was Passover. In Jerusalem. Most of them were Jews too. I don't know how anyone could miss their faces and anguish over Jesus.

It doesn't matter who put him to death--Jesus came here SO THAT he could die and it had to be at the hands of another and the worst sort of death. The important thing about Jesus isn't who drove in the nails or handed him over (he forgave them!) it's who he died FOR! (everyone). Grrrr.
Fine words, I agree, but don't forget- spoken from the safe remove of an ocean away. We here cannot truly understand the reality of living, truly living in a place where the response to a religious or political disagreement is not bad press, but violent death. You honor the truth of Christ's sacrifice. They are simply taking what they believe to be careful precuations to prevent the sacrifices of, for instance, a busload fo children who may accidentally be on the wrong side of whatever group having whatever millenia old jsutification for he shedding of blood to prove themseves right.

I do not disagree with you. I simply remind you that we live in one of the few places where one can freely hold one's own opinions.
Micheleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2004, 01:01 PM   #38
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymar3d
We all have things that we wish didn't happen. Like the Spanish Inquisition and the Salem witch trials. And of course, the holocaust. But all these things were fringe elements, led by fanatics.

Evil is often done in the name of God. I personally have always believed that's Satan's greatest tool, to decieve by doing "God's Will" supposedly, but really doing the opposite of what God would want.

Ken
Well written Ken.
I couldn't have said it better myself.
Old March 1st, 2004, 02:33 PM   #39
Micheleh
Watashiwa Shin no Noir

Veteran
Fleets Warrior
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFormer Assistant
Richard Hatch

PS- To clarify, I am not criticizing anyone's faiths or beliefs. I just would not want to be the one in their situation at the moment.

Do we have any French members?
Micheleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2004, 03:12 PM   #40
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micheleh
PS- To clarify, I am not criticizing anyone's faiths or beliefs. I just would not want to be the one in their situation at the moment.

Do we have any French members?
I don't think you were criticizing anyone .................

Come to think of it ..........neither would I.
Old March 2nd, 2004, 05:01 PM   #41
Sycorax
Bad Email Address

Quote:
I mean no OFFENSE to you Sycorax ........but for some reason I am not
LOL! definatly no offense taken here about the French. I'm not their biggest fan right now. Most of them talk bady about Americans instead of appreciating us after all the lives we lost for them in WW2. They try to obstruct us any chance they get and they also had BILLIONS invested with Sadam. I'm even mad at Germany (I'm half-German too), because they had several Billion invested with that butcher too.

ouch! not like me to rant! sorry.

:laugh:
Old March 2nd, 2004, 05:11 PM   #42
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
LOL! definatly no offense taken here about the French. I'm not their biggest fan right now. Most of them talk bady about Americans instead of appreciating us after all the lives we lost for them in WW2. They try to obstruct us any chance they get and they also had BILLIONS invested with Sadam. I'm even mad at Germany (I'm half-German too), because they had several Billion invested with that butcher too.

ouch! not like me to rant! sorry.

:laugh:
Don't apologize. I'm french canadian american indian on my father's side and
part german on eastern europe on my mother's side and I see things YOUR
way 100%.

It's pretty bad when $ signs mean more then LIVES to people
Old March 3rd, 2004, 03:16 AM   #43
bsg1fan1975
Major

I agree. I am pretty outraged with the Germans and French myself. (My late gram's parents were German)

I just choose not to see this particular movie because I am not interested and it has been to hyped!

Cheese: [has tinfoil on his teeth] I have braces!
Mac: You found that on the ground, didn't you?
Cheese: Garbage can.
-episode "Mac Daddy"Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends"
bsg1fan1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2004, 08:25 AM   #44
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micheleh
Fine words, I agree, but don't forget- spoken from the safe remove of an ocean away. We here cannot truly understand the reality of living, truly living in a place where the response to a religious or political disagreement is not bad press, but violent death. You honor the truth of Christ's sacrifice. They are simply taking what they believe to be careful precuations to prevent the sacrifices of, for instance, a busload fo children who may accidentally be on the wrong side of whatever group having whatever millenia old jsutification for he shedding of blood to prove themseves right.

I do not disagree with you. I simply remind you that we live in one of the few places where one can freely hold one's own opinions.
That's very true Michelle, very well stated and part of France's problem. They've driven religion and faith (of any sort other than humanism) so far underground that there is no tolerance for discussion. A very sad state for a country that is known for the beauty of it's medieval churches. I was riling about just how far they'd fallen. Their culture is moving the way of other great civilizations and it is a sad thing to watch. The deeper into a secular, humanistic or hedonistic bent a society seems to go the closer that culture seems to get to losing it's role as a leader among other nations (and sometimes losing it's identity as a nation too). I just hate seeing faith driven entirely from where the citizens of a nation can dialogue about it freely and have differing opinions.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2004, 08:36 AM   #45
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewels
That's very true Michelle, very well stated and part of France's problem. They've driven religion and faith (of any sort other than humanism) so far underground that there is no tolerance for discussion. A very sad state for a country that is known for the beauty of it's medieval churches. I was riling about just how far they'd fallen. Their culture is moving the way of other great civilizations and it is a sad thing to watch. The deeper into a secular, humanistic or hedonistic bent a society seems to go the closer that culture seems to get to losing it's role as a leader among other nations (and sometimes losing it's identity as a nation too). I just hate seeing faith driven entirely from where the citizens of a nation can dialogue about it freely and have differing opinions.
Speaking of how 'far' France has fallen; If you want to see ANTISEMITISM in
action ............GO THERE. It's on the rise in France as it is in Germany as well.
Old March 3rd, 2004, 12:35 PM   #46
bsg1fan1975
Major

and they call us "neanderthals"? What does that make them?

Cheese: [has tinfoil on his teeth] I have braces!
Mac: You found that on the ground, didn't you?
Cheese: Garbage can.
-episode "Mac Daddy"Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends"
bsg1fan1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2004, 01:34 PM   #47
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsg1fan1975
and they call us "neanderthals"? What does that make them?
exceptionally IGNORANT!
Old March 22nd, 2004, 02:15 PM   #48
launchcruiser7
On Vacation...

Default french fried frogs

french army rifle for sale never fired only droped once french tanks have 5 gears in reforvce and one in forword in case the germans get behind them how does a french ademeral reveive his fleet wuth a glass bottom boat hey froggie sperkendedouch no well your welcome 5 great uncles beaches of normandy let dig them all up and bring them home NATO JOKE DONT SHOOT THE FIRST TANKS YOU SEE LEAVING FULDA GAP IT WILL BE THE KERMITS GETTING BEHIND US death to the cyclons and the bombuilders sorry to rowen and all the muppet show fands eating my freedom frys howlin mad general mayhem
launchcruiser7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2004, 12:59 AM   #49
Senmut
Strike Leader

The Jews that killed Jesus were a tiny, tiny fraction of the population, a cadre among the leadership. A bunch of Quislings who would have sold their virgin sister (at bargain basement prices, too) to the Romans for a continuation of their cushy, insulated position in an occupied country. To blame "Jews" for killing Jesus just because some were involved is like blaming Italians for killing Americans, if someone gets whacked by the Mafia. And let us not forget that He was Himself a Jew, and He forgave those who were killing Him.
As to the French, well, eventually, they will wake up, and realize that it isn't the Age of The Sun King anymore. No doubt, it will come as something of a shock to them, between their price-controlled bread, and price-supported wine.
Senmut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2004, 08:04 AM   #50
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senmut
The Jews that killed Jesus were a tiny, tiny fraction of the population, a cadre among the leadership. A bunch of Quislings who would have sold their virgin sister (at bargain basement prices, too) to the Romans for a continuation of their cushy, insulated position in an occupied country. To blame "Jews" for killing Jesus just because some were involved is like blaming Italians for killing Americans, if someone gets whacked by the Mafia. And let us not forget that He was Himself a Jew, and He forgave those who were killing Him.
As to the French, well, eventually, they will wake up, and realize that it isn't the Age of The Sun King anymore. No doubt, it will come as something of a shock to them, between their price-controlled bread, and price-supported wine.
Well said Senmut. Besides as I posted before .......Pope Pious 23rd (I believe it
was) gave absolution to the Jews in this matter for the very reason that you
posted ..........that it was the LEADERSHIP that insisted on condeming Jesus to
death not the population itself.