Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old January 10th, 2003, 04:04 PM   #1
StarshipTrooper
Bad Email Address

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner/Admin
BattlestarGalacticaClub.com

Thumbs up Sci-Fi Channel publishes Battlestar Galactica Marathon Schedule for February 2003!

January 10, 2002

Sci-Fi Channel publishes Battlestar Galactica Marathon Schedule for February 2003!

Battlestar Galactica will be broadcast on the Sci-Fi Channel from Feb. 17 to Feb. 21 from 11 AM to 4 PM. All episodes of the original Battlestar Galactica will be broadcast in chronological order! That's all 17 total episodes (24 total hours) of the original series. Although there were only 17 episodes, the pilot was 3 hours, four episodes in the series had 2 parts, and Greetings from Earth was a 2 hour special. 17 total episodes (24 total hours). And the final 25th hour features the only good Galactica: 1980 episode, The Return of Starbuck! Get your VCR and blank tapes ready!

17-FEB-03 11:00 AM BATTLESTAR GALACTICA BATTLESTAR GALACTICA - PT 1
17-FEB-03 12:00 PM BATTLESTAR GALACTICA BATTLESTAR GALACTICA - PT 2
17-FEB-03 1:00 PM BATTLESTAR GALACTICA BATTLESTAR GALACTICA - PT 3
17-FEB-03 2:00 PM BATTLESTAR GALACTICA LOST PLANET OF THE GODS - PT 1
17-FEB-03 3:00 PM BATTLESTAR GALACTICA LOST PLANET OF THE GODS - PT 2
18-FEB-03 11:00 AM BATTLESTAR GALACTICA THE LOST WARRIOR
18-FEB-03 12:00 PM BATTLESTAR GALACTICA THE LONG PATROL
18-FEB-03 1:00 PM BATTLESTAR GALACTICA THE GUN ON ICE PLANET ZERO - PT 1
18-FEB-03 2:00 PM BATTLESTAR GALACTICA THE GUN ON ICE PLANET ZERO - PT 2
18-FEB-03 3:00 PM BATTLESTAR GALACTICA THE MAGNIFICENT WARRIORS
19-FEB-03 11:00 AM BATTLESTAR GALACTICA THE YOUNG LORDS
19-FEB-03 12:00 PM BATTLESTAR GALACTICA THE LIVING LEGEND - PT 1
19-FEB-03 1:00 PM BATTLESTAR GALACTICA THE LIVING LEGEND - PT 2
19-FEB-03 2:00 PM BATTLESTAR GALACTICA FIRE IN SPACE
19-FEB-03 3:00 PM BATTLESTAR GALACTICA THE MAN WITH NINE LIVES
20-FEB-03 11:00 AM BATTLESTAR GALACTICA WAR OF THE GODS - PT 1
20-FEB-03 12:00 PM BATTLESTAR GALACTICA WAR OF THE GODS - PT 2
20-FEB-03 1:00 PM BATTLESTAR GALACTICA MURDER ON THE RISING STAR
20-FEB-03 2:00 PM BATTLESTAR GALACTICA GREETINGS FROM EARTH - PT 1
20-FEB-03 3:00 PM BATTLESTAR GALACTICA GREETINGS FROM EARTH - PT 2
21-FEB-03 11:00 AM BATTLESTAR GALACTICA BALTAR'S ESCAPE
21-FEB-03 12:00 PM BATTLESTAR GALACTICA EXPERIMENT IN TERRA
21-FEB-03 1:00 PM BATTLESTAR GALACTICA TAKE THE CELESTRA
21-FEB-03 2:00 PM BATTLESTAR GALACTICA THE HAND OF GOD
21-FEB-03 3:00 PM GALACTICA 1980 THE RETURN OF STARBUCK

http://www.scifi.com/schedulebot/
StarshipTrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2003, 09:49 AM   #2
Hito
Warrior

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

::Bump::
Hito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2003, 07:53 AM   #3
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

as only an admin can *bump*, to the top where it is convient for all!
THANKS Hito, nice idea.
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2003, 05:50 PM   #4
thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

*grind*
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2003, 01:39 PM   #5
Hito
Warrior

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

I dont see nuthin wrong with a little ::bump:: and *grind*
Old February 17th, 2003, 08:07 AM   #6
Flamingo Girl
Squadron Leader

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

*makes giddy noises*

*presses "record"*

*makes more giddy noises*
Flamingo Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2003, 09:14 AM   #7
skippercollecto
Squadron Leader

Default fully restored, my foot!

Well, I've watched the first hour of the marathon and am disappointed. It's just the same show that Sci-Fi has shown in the past. The picture may be a bit brighter (the digital remastering?) but the missing footage is still missing, even in the first hour, and there are the opening and closing credits at the beginning and end of each hour, instead of showing it as a three-hour special.
What was missing from the first hour, that I could see, were the scene with Starbuck playing cards, and the much longer destruction of Atlantia sequences, with the brief shot of Tigh with a tear rolling down his cheek. It was at that scene that I always got tears in my eyes myself, but since it wasn't there and the destruction was toned down so much, I felt nothing.
I'm not watching the rest of the episodes. This isn't anything new. I'm gonna go finish cleaning, and read for a while, and then maybe go out in the snow, since I'm off work today.
Mary
skippercollecto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2003, 11:50 AM   #8
Hito
Warrior

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

Drat i missed the first part of lost planet of the gods!
Old February 17th, 2003, 01:16 PM   #9
Flamingo Girl
Squadron Leader

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

I for one am terribly happy, as I'll be able to tape the entire season, and some of these shows I haven't seen since they first aired. I've been way too excited about this, I had trouble sleeping last night, I might as well have been a kidt on Christmas Eve (and I have the snow for that...).
Flamingo Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2003, 04:32 PM   #10
crash4587
Bad Email Address

Default March 11-14

BSG will re-air on scifi
crash4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2003, 11:11 AM   #11
Artemis
Warrior

Default very disappointed

I couldn't believe how much they cut, I was glad I decided not to tape them. In the first ten minutes they had already cut 1 entire scene and were having a commercial break. I'll just have to keep waiting for the DVD release, if that ever happens.
Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2003, 07:48 PM   #12
skippercollecto
Squadron Leader

Default what else is missing

I haven't watched any more of the episodes this week since I got so disgusted by the editing in that first hour on Monday. How have the shows progressed since then? Do the pictures look brighter or cleaner? Has the Sci Fi Channel shown any scenes it doesn't normally show, or are all those missing scenes still missing?
Mary
Old February 21st, 2003, 01:53 PM   #13

I watched eps off and on. The audio and video have never looked so good, IMO. The digital remastering helped a LOT.

The edits, as per usual for Sci Fi Channel, suck. They cut key character scenes or chop them up with artificial commercial breaks.

Once again, they show why reruns should have an "as originally aired" clause in their contract.

Still, it WAS nice to see these eps again...maybe the DVD release (should it happen) will fix everything the way it should be.
Old February 21st, 2003, 02:21 PM   #14
jewels

Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally posted by darkwing_duck1a
I watched eps off and on. The audio and video have never looked so good, IMO. The digital remastering helped a LOT.

The edits, as per usual for Sci Fi Channel, suck. They cut key character scenes or chop them up with artificial commercial breaks.

Once again, they show why reruns should have an "as originally aired" clause in their contract.

Still, it WAS nice to see these eps again...maybe the DVD release (should it happen) will fix everything the way it should be.
I agree with your summary darkwing: It was a blast to see it all again. And the digital remastering helped. everything was brighter, even if it did reveal some of the mattes on the ships. Editing was awful: almost unprofessional as some story continuity was lost. "as originally aired" would be a good thing. Something I, were I an advertiser, would insist upon. (IMO, more ads/hour dilutes a sponsor's message: especially when quite a bit was sci-fi promoting its Fri. & Sat. schedule). They did seem to sell to more "outside" sponsors over the course of the week though than I've usually noticed. HINT to sci-fi's salespeople: hit on Ms. Hammer about that: Run a classic = selling commercial time.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
Old February 21st, 2003, 02:52 PM   #15
Thomas P

Council of Elders
TOS Gladiator Manager

A note on the com breaks:

I was able to take a shower every day during the 8-9 a.m. episodes during the second com break and not miss anything! Now multiply that by 5 and one has to wonder what in the hell they did to each episode .

BTW - does The SciFi Channel have any other sponsers other than Bowflex, Synthetic Waterfalls and Credit Repair Agencies?
Thomas P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2003, 08:38 PM   #16
jewels

Colonial Fleets

Yes they do: have to check my tapes but I started to notice more variety as the week wore on:
IBM ebusiness, Dell, some others that I think would be suprised to know that the remake is not something the old fans are looking forward to. 1st day I think Ditek bought every other spot in the pilot, though, yeesh!!
Old February 27th, 2003, 08:20 AM   #17

Default sci fi episodes

Hi, newbie here. I purchased some eps from amazon.com and was wondering if those are heavily edited as well. Like the ones shown on sci fi. I haven't seen these eps since they originally aired and was so happy to see them, until I found out how heavily edited they were. Thank you.
Old March 1st, 2003, 07:18 AM   #18
skippercollecto
Squadron Leader

Default to bsgfan

Dear Fan,
It depends on what you've purchased. If you bought the pilot episode (either VHS or DVD), it is NOT what was shown in September 1978. Rather, it is the theatrical release, which is minus about 20 minutes of footage (such as the Starbuck's semi-proposal to Athena or Serina's reporting of the destruction).
If you bought either of the two-parters that were released on video (Lost Planet or Ice Planet), yes, they are the original 1978 episodes. However, they are not the telemovie versions that were syndicated in the mid-1980s, which have much additional footage. This footage was originally shot in 1978 when the episodes were being filmed but not included in the original airing. However, when they were made into telemovies, that footage was included, to compensate for the time of the opening and closing credits of both episodes, the previews of next week, and the synopsis of last week.
If you have any of the one-hour episodes--yes, they are what originally aired in 1978 or 1979.
Mary
Old March 1st, 2003, 10:28 PM   #19
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Default Re: sci fi episodes

Quote:
Originally posted by bsgfan
Hi, newbie here. I purchased some eps from amazon.com and was wondering if those are heavily edited as well. Like the ones shown on sci fi. I haven't seen these eps since they originally aired and was so happy to see them, until I found out how heavily edited they were. Thank you.
Just wanted to say WELCOME! to you bsgfan Always great to see (see?) new faces .

Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2003, 05:43 AM   #20
Stevew
Fleet Modeling Machine!

Welcome Bsgfan.
I have seen your handle before, good to have you here. This is a much better place than that other
Steve
Stevew is offline   Reply With Quote