Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old March 26th, 2003, 07:29 PM   #1
WXM
Shuttle Pilot

Default A URL we can spread around--EASY attention to saving BSG!

Despite the hour of... whatever approaching, I don't feel like doing nothing if a worthwhile task is at hand. Well, I found one.

One lure of scif-fi TV shows/movies is the spfx and designs. As many of you know, your very own Stevew has produced some EXCELLENT artwork with the original "Big G", as well as other inspired designs. And much of the world hasn't seen it. The show itself didn't have a chance to due nearly as much with the ship as we all would have liked, right?

Well, with his permission, I put together a page that is half "Art gallery of kewl sci-fi ships/artwork" (Stevew's pics) and half letter-writting appeal for just this one aspect of BSG: "Save the original ship design!" No other appeal except to save the ship. My thinking is this: If TPTB suddenly get a rash of generic sci-fi folk sending in letters only requesting they keep the original ship, it might lead them to actually doing it... and might lead them to keeping other things about the original show too! A longshot, but what the heck. I wish I'd thought of this sooner, but oh well.

Anyway, all you have to do is pass on this link to sci-fi folks, mentioning that it has some really cool sci-fi ship artwork. That's all! Most every sci-fi TV/movie fan likes looking at cool ships. Easy attention for the cause of keeping at least one aspect of the original show intact! No real pressure or pleading required, which means people who have never written picking up a pen for the first time voicing a "Dear Universal..."! (I'm being a little overly optimistic here, I know, but there are worse things to be, eh?)

Here's the URL for cutting and pasting:

http://www.3dgladiators.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=19640

And the link to look at the page from here with a click:

http://www.3dgladiators.com/forums/s...threadid=19640

I'm still new at this so suggestions, comments, etc., are welcome.

-WXM
Old March 26th, 2003, 07:37 PM   #2
Erzengel

broken links on half of those images..
Old March 26th, 2003, 07:43 PM   #3
Erzengel

Never mind.. server problems...

Love the pics, got anymore? And you got any specs on those craft like what they are, etc?
Old March 27th, 2003, 06:20 AM   #4
Stevew
Fleet Modeling Machine!

Will
With Michaels brilliant help I was able to post the first WIP piks of the New Ranger and Guardian in the CF Artwork section
S
Stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2003, 06:25 AM   #5
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Default AWESOME

Enough said.
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2003, 08:40 AM   #6
nightscape2112
Warrior

cool, thanks for the links,

nightscape
nightscape2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2003, 04:35 AM   #7
WXM
Shuttle Pilot

Stevew: Cool WIPs! Hey, should I put Todd Boyce's name as "designer" credit on the 3DG Artwork post? It looks like he might deserve it for at least a couple of those designs. I didn't mean to leave someone out.

To everyone else: Are any of you members at StarshipBuilder.com? If so, would one of you mind terrible posting the above URL (okay, here it is again: http://www.3dgladiators.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=19640 ) over there?... unless you think they wouldn't like it because it's CGI... (though the point of this is to save the Big G design from going into the scrapheap -- I'm sure they would like to see it saved more than just about anybody!)
Old March 28th, 2003, 06:11 AM   #8
Stevew
Fleet Modeling Machine!

Absoultly. Without Todd there would be a very small fleet of warships and such
Please call me Steve hehe
S
Old March 31st, 2003, 03:58 PM   #9
WXM
Shuttle Pilot

Well Steve

We gave it a shot--and, as you probably know, the page didn't quite generate the level of response (to put it mildly) that I was hoping for in my so-very-opitimistic hour(s) of putting it together. It would be nice if that would suddenly change (maybe it will?) but even if not, I think it was well worth doing and I hope you do too. And to reiterate what I've said before, I think your work is great and I definitely hope that you keep it up!

-Will

(P.S. - Also, regarding Seanr's comment, I like the lighting on almost all of those pics (the low orbit ships, IBL2)!)
Old March 31st, 2003, 04:38 PM   #10
Stevew
Fleet Modeling Machine!

Thanks will, you did a great job and Sean would complain about a sunny day LOL
S