Galactica and Fleets News ADMIN ANNOUNCED, BATTLESTAR GALACTICA and
COLONIAL FLEETS NEWS
ONLY please.

Old July 10th, 2006, 05:44 PM   #1
skippercollecto
Squadron Leader

Default rick springfield at business conference

Okay, this is a new one on me:
Our office received a booklet today advertising the annual educational conference and exhibits by the Society for Healthcare Strategy and Market Development. It will be Sept. 6-9 at the J.W. Marriott Desert Ridge Resort and Spa in Phoenix. The book lists dozens of conferences and a show called "Rick & Roll with McMurry" the evening of Sept. 7.
Rick Springfield will be performing at the McMurry Campus Center for persons attending this conference. Tickets are free to convention attendants and $75 for guests.
All I want to know is: how come when I go to a business conference that there are never any celebrities there, just speakers in suits who talk too long?!
Anyway, if you really, really are interested in going, call the SHSMD at (312) 422-3888.
Mary
skippercollecto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2006, 07:19 AM   #2
julix
Bad Email Address

wow
Rick Springfield at a confrence!!! Now that is my idea of fun
julix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2006, 06:17 PM   #3
skippercollecto
Squadron Leader

Default richard at conferences

I know that for a long time Richard Hatch did motivational talks at various conferences, not just sci fi conventions. But the one conference I read about that totally confuzzled me was the article I read about him speaking at a Mensa conference in LA. I know that Sophie used to be in Mensa, but I don't know if she was the one who got him registered to speak there. It just doesn't seem to be his "thing."
skippercollecto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2006, 03:10 PM   #4
captmiloman
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by julix
wow
Rick Springfield at a confrence!!! Now that is my idea of fun

I could actually picture Rick going the Billy Joel route(ie, an evening of Q&A's in between songs). Maybe he and Richard should join forces. That would be appropriate. Apollo & Zac reunited. BTW, Rick is also involved in the "We Are the 80's Tour" presented by VH1 Classic. He'll be joined by Eddie Money, Loverboy, & Scandal. The lineup depends on what venue they perform in.

www.wearethe80s.com
captmiloman is offline   Reply With Quote