Go Back   Colonial Fleets > FAN CREATIVITY > Colonial Library > Martok
Notices
Martok The phenomenal Dark Exodus stories by Steve Dunlap!!!

Old January 21st, 2005, 06:29 AM   #1
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Exclamation Seriously considering dismantling the Yahoo group.

To appease the TOS traditionalists that prefer to trash the new Battlestar Galactica, rather than celebrate the original series, I had created (at the suggestion of one of my Yahoo group members) a casual Friday where such people can trash the new show at their leisure, and to their hearts' content.

And it is so amazing that in all the fervor of the desire to trash the new show, no one seems to have noticed that I had posted three new chapters to Reciprocity at the group.

In my not so humble opinion, they have been blinded by their own hatred for something else, that they cannot see the good that is trying to spring up before them....and it is their blindness I can have no pity for.

I am going to monitor my group for the next couple of days, and if the activity seems to bend more towards silence until casual Friday, and no one even makes mention that "Hey, Martok, thanks for giving us more chapters for your story", I am going to disband the group.

I created BSG Continuation group to be a CELEBRATION of the original show, and to my own point of view, a CELEBRATION of one thing does not involve trashing of another (that is for sports, not science fiction television) And to appease those who wanted to do nothing but complain and trash the new Battlestar Galactica, I created that casual Friday felgercarb. I have a feeling that it will ultimately be the undoing of the group....and perhaps the sequel story itself. It is to THESE people that I would say: "You do not DESERVE a continuation movie with your attitudes. And you CERTAINLY don't DESERVE Reciprocity."

I do not mean to make my own stories sound overly importatnt, because they are not...they are just fanfictions. But they are ones that people have begged me to continue working on....and I have, for them. But those very people might end up losing out because of the attitudes of other people who prefer to be blinded by their own hatred for something like the new Battlestar Galactica, and don't even recognize "Ok, we're being given what we've asked for...more Reciprocity. Thanks, Martok."

Sometimes, I think I would rather have lost a few members because I didn't cave into their petty wants (bitching about the new show).

We shall see what happens folks. The future of Reciprocity lies in these peoples' hands.

Frustrated,
Martok2112
Old January 21st, 2005, 07:36 AM   #2
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

Colonial Fleets

Steve -

Just fire a warning shot across thier bow in the form of a message....

Let everyone know that any further disruptions will result in disciplinary action, or the discontinuation of the group.

There are ways to manage the yahoogroup better - but I'm not familiar with all the tools that are available.

Good luck,
Bryan

"If you love long enough, wish hard enough, anything is possible" - From The Boy Who Could Fly
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2005, 07:43 AM   #3
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini1999
Steve -

Just fire a warning shot across thier bow in the form of a message....

Let everyone know that any further disruptions will result in disciplinary action, or the discontinuation of the group.

There are ways to manage the yahoogroup better - but I'm not familiar with all the tools that are available.

Good luck,
Bryan
Aye...it is such a tough call, Bryan. I am letting this one week basically go as an experiment, to see how it pans out behaviorally for the group the rest of the week.

I have my messages set up so that I have to approve messages before they are posted. So if someone tries to post anti-TNS sentiments on any day other than Friday, they won't see it until Friday. (or if I really wanted to be cruel...I could completely squelch the message.)

I think it only fair to see what happens this week. If it turns out as I fear....then I might either disband the group....or rebuke them for their blindness.

We shall see,

All the best, and thanks Bryan,

Steve
Old January 21st, 2005, 10:36 AM   #4
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Hi dear Martok, please look at the bottom here:

http://www.battlestargalactica-fleet...ead.php?t=9139

NGUNS!!!
Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2005, 03:05 AM   #5
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

Colonial Fleets

Heart

Muffit, dear friend, Muffit,

I want to thank you again for your kind words and comforting demeanor. In all honesty, there is no way I can stop writing Reciprocity. Dark Exodus has gained too many fans for me to let down...and besides, I cannot very well let down someone who has proclaimed the story among her top ten favorites in science fiction novels now, can I?

Reciprocity will continue. I think the Friday thing has died off at my Yahoo group...and there's actually been some support from a lot of members there, many of whom I call friends.

But rest assured, Reciprocity WILL continue.

(((((((((((((((MUFFIT)))))))))))))))))))

Affectionately,
Martok2112