Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Closed Thread

Old March 23rd, 2003, 11:09 AM   #1
TwoBrainedCylon
Imperious Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAFounder
Cylon.org

Default One Quick Update

I've been banned from viewing anything on Milton's board due to my posts here. If anything is posted there that proves me wrong, I won't know it.

For the record, I didn't post anything else there since initially challenging BSGBH.

Two-Brain
Old March 23rd, 2003, 11:16 AM   #2
TwoBrainedCylon
Imperious Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAFounder
Cylon.org

Default The specific crime

For the record, I was banned a few minutes after posting the rant here at http://www.3dgladiators.com/forums/s...5&pagenumber=2 .

Pretty clear what they're upset at.

Two-Brain
Old March 23rd, 2003, 01:13 PM   #3
michaelfaries
Great Honored Warrior (ret.)
BG Fandom Leader (ret.)

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFather of BG websites
BattlestarGalactica.com(ret)
BattlestarPegasus.com(ret)

Based on your documentation, Sandy, that's truly sad. I'm sorry to hear that. Their moderators permit their users to call others "Nazis" (as seen in recent examples) among other, atrocious names without banning them.

Yet you're banned... and for what?

Folks, far too much time is being spent discussing the immaturity demonstrated by some on the other bboard. Regardless of the outcome with the current BG production (is that remake? sequel? prequel? additional production? ??) we have MUCH to look forward to this year. It's the 25th Anniversary of the Original "Battlestar Galactica." There's the a gala event in October from GalacticonEvents.com, too (http://www.galacticonevents.com ). We're getting the latest Richard Hatch "Battlestar Galactica" book (with co-author Brad Linaweaver) titled "Paradise" in July. (And Richard is really happy with the way it's turning out.) And fans are working on their own projects which honor the original series as well.

May this "remake" (if it is made) be lucky to have half the enthusiastic response for it's 25th anniversary. (And I mean that: I wish it well, if it works out.)

The Original isn't forgotten, though. Especially this year. Let's give more focus to it.

Michael
:colwar:
Old March 23rd, 2003, 01:32 PM   #4
TwoBrainedCylon
Imperious Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAFounder
Cylon.org

Default Don't Be Sad - I'm not.

Michael,

Don't be sad. I'm not displeased at all. We have a group that claimed to be sincere, misunderstood, and victimized. I engaged them directly. They showed their true colors and real nature, which was what we all suspected in the first place. Frankly, I'm proud to be the one to provide proof of what everyone else has been hinting at.

Looking forward to the 25th Anniversary events. Not sure if I'm going to be able to make it out there or not but it sounds like a damn good time.

As for the new production, I hope when the final word comes out everyone can either enjoy the new show or break ties and wish those who will watch it the best. That's my gameplan anyway -- and always has been ever since RDM first announced his "vision".

Working on an upgraded Cylon Raider model now. Its the Gibbens version. Actually I just grabbed the first one I found and started working away with it - no offense to the famous Gibbens chap. When I'm finished with it I'll zip it all up and post it for anyone who wants it.

Two-Brain
Old March 23rd, 2003, 01:54 PM   #5
David Kerin
Warrior Ace

Colonial Fan ForceArtist
Colonial Fan Force
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDBattlestar Galactica
Revivalist

Default WOW... they banned you.

I was there and saw the exchange, and for them to ban you over BSGBH is hypocracy in the highest degree.

I can see that Milton's board exists for those who think and feel the same way they do. If you agree you can state anything in any way, no matter how childish, insulting or rediculous. If you challenge such statements there, you are banned.

If that is how they are allowing the board to be run, it speaks volumes.

I've tried communicating, rationalizing, thought at times it was working well. If this is the outcome, then they are certainly not worth my energy. Anyone from Milton's board as well who's lurking around, feel free to reprint this.

I'm not going to lump all the members there together, and those good people I'm sure I will talk to again at the other boards they may visit. Individuals like BSGBH are along the lines of Languatron. I will certainly never waste my time with such a person.
Old March 23rd, 2003, 02:05 PM   #6
TwoBrainedCylon
Imperious Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAFounder
Cylon.org

Default How about the RMQ Base Star

David,

You can make it up to me by exporting your McQuarrie base star to either lwo (best option) or 3ds (worst case option). I wanted to check it out but couldn;t get a good conversion. If this isn't possible, how about e-mailing me a jpeg of a render showing the model.

Thanks for making the BSG models you've made BTW. Glad to see what you've done already.

Two-Brain
Old March 23rd, 2003, 02:06 PM   #7
LordStarFyre
Warrior

Default It's nice to see that SciFiMan76

...Still considers himself "One of Us"...

Paging Mr. Arnold, Mr. Benedict Arnold, please report to the white coutesy phone....
Old March 23rd, 2003, 02:13 PM   #8
GalacticanCajun
Warrior

I have not seen the original episodes in years. Thanks to the recent marathons, which I taped, I am rediscovering this classi show. Now I will read the novelizations that I own. The last one I have is "Die, Chamelion".
Old March 23rd, 2003, 02:20 PM   #9
dvo47p
Bad Email Address

Default YOU GOT BANNED, WHAT A DOUBLE STANDARD!

The Retros "shameful" behavior?

Quote:
Originally posted by TwoBrainedCylon Ron Moore introduces himself to the BSG crowd with an interview filled with lies and spends the rest of the time attacking the fans he was supposed to please. When he doesn't get the reaction he wants he starts attacking Michael Faries and FilmJerk and then many others and resorts to using his promotional voice to jab his finger in the eye of the real fans.

Milton came on the scene trolling and lying. He promised to "win at any cost" and declared that if he didn't get his way, he'd mire the production down in so many lawsuits that it would never hit the screen. He later says we should ignore the lying and hostility because he's truthful now and we should believe his later statements and ignore his earlier ones?

David Eick comes on the scene and apparently covertly tells the Neos that everyone else is lying and he is sharing the real story but it shouldn't be shared with anyone else. According to the claims, this "professional" uses his position to slander folks but isn't man enough to come public anywhere. It certainly is worth his time if he's writing private e-mails to attack the Retros. Two-Brain

Gaius Baltar: Reply Re: Want to see e-mail from david please.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
From what it looks like David ripped Michael Faries a new one

summoner: Reply Re: Want to see e-mail from david please.
That's why I want to see it. How about after monday?

Moore Fan: Reply Re: Want to see e-mail from david please.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I want to see it too... I would love to see David unleash his respect for a liar such as Faries.
Old March 23rd, 2003, 02:43 PM   #10
David Kerin
Warrior Ace

Colonial Fan ForceArtist
Colonial Fan Force
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDBattlestar Galactica
Revivalist

Default Sure 2brain,

I'll see what I can do.

I know I can do the 3ds without any trouble... getting it into lwo, I'll have to see.

I'll get back to you when it's ready.

Dave
Old March 23rd, 2003, 02:58 PM   #11
Hito
Warrior

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by michaelfaries
I'm sorry to hear that. Their moderators permit their users to call others "Nazis" (as seen in recent examples) among other, atrocious names without banning them.
Yeah that is kinda heavy handed.
If we banned people for namecalling here.
Axis of evil, MooreRons and trekkie scum etc.
a lot of the membership would be gone.

I knew that I could never again raise my voice against the violence of the oppressed in the ghettos without having first spoken clearly to the greatest purveyor of violence in the world today -- my own government....
~ Dr. Martin Luther King ~

I can hear God saying to America: “You are too arrogant! If you don't change your ways, I will rise up and break the backbone of your power!"
~ Dr. Martin Luther King ~
Old March 23rd, 2003, 03:07 PM   #12
TwoBrainedCylon
Imperious Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAFounder
Cylon.org

David,

Thanks. You can check the Art section to see how I'm already abusing the H Gibben's model.

Hito,

Well, glad to hear I'm not the worst troublemaker of this group.

Two-Brain
Old March 23rd, 2003, 03:10 PM   #13
Hito
Warrior

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

Thumbs up

not even close 2 brain.
Old March 23rd, 2003, 04:50 PM   #14
Orrin_73
Shuttle Pilot

Default Re: YOU GOT BANNED, WHAT A DOUBLE STANDARD!

Quote:
Originally posted by dvo47p
The Retros "shameful" behavior?

Gaius Baltar: Reply Re: Want to see e-mail from david please.
From what it looks like David ripped Michael Faries a new one

summoner: Reply Re: Want to see e-mail from david please.
That's why I want to see it. How about after monday?

Moore Fan: Reply Re: Want to see e-mail from david please.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I want to see it too... I would love to see David unleash his respect for a liar such as Faries.
Me says these idiots at Miltys bb are teenagers, why do we take them serious at all.
Any person who is a true fan of BSG knows that Mr Faries has been honest from the beginning to all of us all these years. I dont know Mr Faries personal but I do know that what he did for us as true BSG fans by keeping us informed and making and maintaning the BSG websites. Therefore Im very thankfull to Mr faries for his dedication and courage.

Thank you Mr Faries.
Old March 23rd, 2003, 06:06 PM   #15
Micheleh
Watashiwa Shin no Noir

Veteran
Fleets Warrior
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFormer Assistant
Richard Hatch

I sympathise, and I'm glad you've decided to join us!

One thing though- the last thing we want here is to buy into a war with the Milton board. Leave well enough alone- we have our space, they have theirs. As I'm sure everyone here knows, it won't help us to be sucked into a name calling brawl, which is what I'm sure they would like, so they can point out how intolerant we are. *sigh*
Old March 23rd, 2003, 09:01 PM   #16
nightscape2112
Warrior

i am over there fighting a hell of a battle over your banning twobrain, even though i know you dont want to go back there i am still defending you, atleast untill i get myself banned. that will be a feat, it will be the first time i ever got banned.

i am saying how bsgbh called all of us nazis and all that. i will know tomorrow if i have done enough to get banned.
Old March 23rd, 2003, 09:07 PM   #17
michaelfaries
Great Honored Warrior (ret.)
BG Fandom Leader (ret.)

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFather of BG websites
BattlestarGalactica.com(ret)
BattlestarPegasus.com(ret)

Thanks, Orrin_73. It's sincerely appreciated.

Michael
:colwar:
Old March 23rd, 2003, 09:52 PM   #18
Micheleh
Watashiwa Shin no Noir

Veteran
Fleets Warrior
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFormer Assistant
Richard Hatch

The insults of people from that board only have validity if you acknowledge them. I say consider the source.

I think we've had enough of reposted insults from another board. Why dignify them with repetition? That would mean we take them seriously. This is not a battle zone, people.
Old March 24th, 2003, 02:47 AM   #19
TwoBrainedCylon
Imperious Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAFounder
Cylon.org

Default Thanks Nightscape

Nightscape,

Well, thanks. Don't do anything you wouldn't ordinarily do on my account. If I suddenly became a saint over there I doubt you'd ever see me on that board ever again. I have to agree that continuing to identify their problems here very much longer gives them a validity that they don't deserve. Their nature is pretty obvious. Forcing them to appear otherwise isn't changing that nature, just pushing it underground.

Please don't be distressed by this. I assure you I'm not. Except for Summoner, everyone I can think of that I respected is already over here or in contact with me by other means. Trust me, I haven't lost much by being off of that board.

Two-Brain
Old March 24th, 2003, 08:14 AM   #20
LordStarFyre
Warrior

Default hehehehehe

I've been banned too Sandy...
Old March 24th, 2003, 08:58 AM   #21
TwoBrainedCylon
Imperious Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAFounder
Cylon.org

Default Welcome to the Club LST

LST,

Hey welcome to the club. We should get some cool badges or a secret decoder ring or something.

Two-Brain
Old March 24th, 2003, 09:16 AM   #22
LordStarFyre
Warrior

Default Well, I did come up with a Squadron

...Name for us, based on labels the children hung on us.

The Brutish Thug Squadron

I wonder what our Squadron Insignia would be?

Closed Thread