Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old May 20th, 2003, 05:49 PM   #1
KJ
Strike Leader

Default Reporting news as i get it!

People i going for afew days.

Hours ago something happen to me which needs some serious sorting out. (i ain't making excuses for earlier but, some of my anger came from it)

i'll make up for lost time with reports from various U.K. magazines when i get back. i know some of you come from different part of the globe and hearing news from various articles enlightens you all.

Not that you couldn't get that or anyother BG news from Peter Noble and other BG U.K. residents fans.

The new magazines hit selves soon so anything new about R.D Moore's BG, i will report to you all as usual A.S.A.P.

I need to PM some of you soon, but i just wanted to say to Micheleh, Warrior sorry.

Defensive KJ was loose, i need to take time off, sort out problem with personal life and come back to spend whatever news is found on BG etc.

Later all.

KJ

Hey i be back soon though?

KJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2003, 05:54 PM   #2
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

take care, KJ. Let us know if there's anything we can do...

Everyone has their tough times.
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2003, 06:03 PM   #3
KJ
Strike Leader

Thanks, listen while lurking elsewhere i guess i missed out earlier on news but hears what i just come across now on comingsoon.net

Quote:
Katee Sackhoff talked to Sci Fi Wire about her starring role in the upcoming Battlestar Galactica mini-series...

[She told] SCI FI Wire that fans shouldn't worry that the character is no longer a man. "Even though it's a woman, it's the same person," Sackhoff said in an interview on the miniseries' Vancouver, B.C., soundstage. "Extremely sarcastic and smoking cigars all the time, really doesn't care, but is an amazing pilot. And that's what Starbuck was. So it really doesn't matter if it's a girl or a guy, it's still Starbuck."

A female Starbuck brings the story more up to date, Sackhoff added. "I think it's very realistic of the times, of what's going on right now in the world. ... I think that it's about time that we show that women can do just as much as the guys can, if not do it better."

Check out the link above for more of the article.
Guess i got beaten to it hours ago but no ones put it up here! so here it is.

Later, hope to pop in now and then

KJ
KJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2003, 06:03 PM   #4
Dawg
Great Wise Guru

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDCo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

Take it easy, KJ.

I am
Dawg

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2003, 06:16 PM   #5
Micheleh
Watashiwa Shin no Noir

Veteran
Fleets Warrior
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFormer Assistant
Richard Hatch

There's nothing at all for you to be sorry about. Hurry up and take care of your business and come back.
Micheleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2003, 07:58 PM   #6
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

KJ,
I'm going to dupe your news to it's own thread in G03 discussion. (realized that's where my feedback goes too

so this is encouragement to KJ thread. Katee feedback goes here
http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums...=&postid=34514
on a merged thread that Peter and KJ in effect started.

(KJ, the G03 news for discussion goes in the "G03 fixing it" area: think of it as the "litter box" of the place for the felgercarb from that Battlesucks Golmooreica thing, if that helps.)

Jewels
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2003, 05:22 PM   #7
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Hurry back LKJ.

Paul
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2003, 07:19 PM   #8
oldwardaggit
You old war daggit!

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner/Webmaster
RadioGalactica

There were lots of strong roles for women in Galactica and even with a continuation; these roles would have been updated. A daughter of Starbuck could achieve the same goal and this would please the fans instead of ticking them off with so much disrespect.

Every reason they give for there remake, can be disputed and the same goals could have been achieved with a continuation.
And like I said, the only difference is that this remake won't have the fans of the original.

Not this one, that's for sure. At this point, it's not about being a die hard fan, it's about being treated with a huge lack of disrespect and still expected to give it a chance.

Would you shine some ones shoes right after they kicked you in the face? To expect one to do so, is an insult to ones intelligence. And if I had any intelligence, I would be insulted. lol.

OWD

OWD
oldwardaggit is offline   Reply With Quote