Go Back   Colonial Fleets > FAN CREATIVITY > ART Work - Finished
Notices

Old May 5th, 2006, 10:23 AM   #1
lrf
Shuttle Pilot

Default SCi Fi efx work

[IMG]I'm new here and just want to share some of what I do. This image is from a project I'm working on. This background was later animated with a bit more life, with moving vehicles etc. I'm hoping at some point to get involved with a Galactica fan project.
http://www.fritzlensing.com/battlest...pa-Project.jpg

http://www.fritzlensing.com/battlest...lrflanding.jpg
lrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2006, 10:52 AM   #2
ernie90125
Also Present

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDOwner:
BattlestarFanFilms.com

Dear lrf,

Thanks for posting the links. Very impressive art, and I also browsed your site. The ambition you have shown to develop features is amazing and inspiring. This ambition really reminds us that the future of film is not with the huge studios....

Quote:
I'm hoping at some point to get involved with a Galactica fan project.
With a talent like yours I doubt anyone will decline ! Are you interested in developing your own feature ? Being part of a team ?

If you are looking at being part of a team I would suggest you speak to the guys behind The 14th Colony, Sept17th and rjandron. They are heading a team to make a Continuation episode.

Alternatively I keep proposing a special edition version of the classic era episode 'The Return of Starbuck'. The original was set in a dream of a spin-off series, and was not included on a the DVD set. I have been proposing Continuation era scenes of Starbuck looking back at the events of the episode, after surviving a space battle. Then with these fan-made scenes inserted, we pitch it to the studios to be re-made as live action by the original cast.

Either project is pretty ambitious and likely to attract the attention of industry figures. Some of whom I know have visited my site, which I welcome you to do as well www.battlestarfanfilms.com

Please keep us updated on how your features develop.....
ernie90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2006, 11:04 AM   #3
evil_genius_180
Warrior

That's some beautiful work. Did you do everything yourself and what software did you use?
evil_genius_180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2006, 11:54 AM   #4
lrf
Shuttle Pilot

Ernie,
I have produced some of my own flms in the past, and at the moment I'm writing a screenplay for a future project . I also assist other producers/directors with bringing their vision to life. Many amatuer/indie directors are discouraged from attempting ambitious science fiction because of the cost involved as well as the assumed technical barriers. I began strictly as a film director and illustrator, but later I added CG and visual efx to my resume and toolbox to expand the artistic scope of my personal projects.
Aside from my personalwork, its my goal to help filmmakers or projects achieve the impossible even if they are working on a micro budget, it just depends on the individual project. Thats why fanfilms at times can be quite enjoyable to work on, as well as a good genre script with original ideas
Old May 5th, 2006, 11:56 AM   #5
lrf
Shuttle Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_genius_180
That's some beautiful work. Did you do everything yourself and what software did you use?
Thanks for the comment! Yes I did all of the work in Lightwave, The ship landing in the open field is a composite of Lightwave and footage I shot.
The Cityscape is 100% lightwave
Old May 5th, 2006, 12:02 PM   #6
ernie90125
Also Present

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDOwner:
BattlestarFanFilms.com

I have a dream to add extra Continuation scenes to bookend an existing episode as described above, called The Return of Starbuck. Have you seen the episode ? If not, I could send you a copy, it is out of print and has not ever been on DVD.... I have no budget, just hope and ambition....and the idea seemed to capture the imagination of members here, and would be an amazing pitch to put together.

The scenes would be added into the episode to replace the 'In my dream I saw...' sections, however the new scenes could also be stand-alone. This would make the project both a pitch and a fanfilm.

I think fans doing this would show a serious interest in a Continuation and respect for the classic series. You can read more details about my idea, and see some positive reactions to it here :

http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums...ad.php?t=12318

Please let me know if this is a challenge that would interest you ?
ernie90125 is offline   Reply With Quote