Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old December 3rd, 2003, 12:34 PM   #1
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Wink The Face of the Imperious Leader

Funny, anyone notice that throughout the original BSG series, we never see the Imperious Leader's Face? Almost always, the camera view is from the side or back. In fact, he is placed in near-darkness so you really can't tell what he looks like.

Which brings me to something neat. There is a deleted scene on the DVDs which /clearly/ shows the Imperious Leader's face. Very, very cool! I can't imagine why they always cut that, since the full view with face is much more scary and impressive than the back shots.

Anybody know why? Well, the nice thing is, we finally get to see it! Now if they had only added the cloven hooves scene...
Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2003, 04:26 PM   #2
MattmanClassic
Shuttle Pilot

You're right, Muffit. It was more scary...which is probably why it was cut. I read somewhere that ABC ordered it removed because they though it would frighten kids, similar to the cloven hooves. I wish I knew what article or magazine that was so I could give you a true quote, but it was a few years ago. Too bad it was never at least used in the Theatrical Cut of the movie.
Old December 3rd, 2003, 05:38 PM   #3
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Hi MattMan! Yeah, that makes sense. If you ever stumble on the source, please let us all know.
Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2003, 05:39 PM   #4
Trevor Angelus
Warrior

I heard it was because they wanted to down play the lizard aspects of the cylons, which is also why they cut the scene where Apollo explained the cylons to Boxey.
Old December 3rd, 2003, 07:03 PM   #5
crash4587
Bad Email Address

Don't forget the little Lizard, running up and down the IL's arm:colwar:
crash4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2003, 07:35 PM   #6
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

I heard that Glen hated the costume and that's why it was always shown darkly lit.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2003, 08:58 PM   #7
MattmanClassic
Shuttle Pilot

Quote:
If you ever stumble on the source, please let us all know
If anyone has a copy to verify this, it might have been in the first issue of ToyFare. I remember one of the early issues of that magazine having an article on older Battlestar Galactica toys along with a rough history of the series. Of course, it wasn't very accurate. I think it blamed the George Lucas lawsuit for the show's cancellation. I'm in the middle of a move right now and my magazines are packed up, but I'll be sure to post the info on it when I'm able, even if it doesn't mention the Imperious Leader close-ups.