Go Back   Colonial Fleets > FAN CREATIVITY > Shattered Worlds
Notices
Shattered Worlds Project forum for new FAN-based endeavours.
Share what you're doing here!

Old November 30th, 2006, 09:19 PM   #1
joe.beaudoin
Bad Email Address

Default Battlestar CGI Comic

After reading about the issues with the Dynamite comics, it dawned on me that it might just be better for fans to start their own comic, published in an ebook like format.

And I was also running through Renderosity and discovered some very realistic looking portraits of people done via CGI.

The question is this: can a comic be done using CGi artwork? I know the ships and scenes are feasible, but I'm more concerned about characters and items unique to the Galactica universe in terms of props, clothing, etc.

Or is it just more feasible to have something hand-drawn? Maybe a combination of both (i.e. CGi generated and edited to look hand-drawn)?

Just something I'd like to throw out there, since I'd really like to see an actual continuation in the form of a comic, even if the big-wigs in the comic world aren't keen on giving us one.
joe.beaudoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2006, 03:20 AM   #2
ernie90125
Also Present

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDOwner:
BattlestarFanFilms.com

This has been done before, David Kerin did a CGI comic for his 'The Sentinels' story. Perhaps someone can post the link, I can't find it right now....
ernie90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2006, 08:22 AM   #3
joe.beaudoin
Bad Email Address

Yeah, ernie, I saw preview images from it when David was first working on it... (Those images are up on BattlestarPegasus.com in the Silver Spar Squadron gallery, BTW.) I have not yet been able to find out where it still exists on the internet and it wasn't on the old BSP.com when I tried to download it either, oddly enough.

Many of the sites that used to have it have long since passed, so I'm going to contact David and see if he's interested in giving me a copy of the files for use on BSP.com.

However, my idea is to see if it's possible to assemble a team of people who would be willing to write and ink an online e-comic that's an actual continuation post-"Hand of God".
joe.beaudoin is offline   Reply With Quote