Go Back   Colonial Fleets > FAN CREATIVITY > ART Work - In Progress
Notices

Closed Thread

Old December 26th, 2005, 04:28 PM   #151
BlueSquad2001
Warrior Ace

New Progress Pic!!
Here are the panel lines detailed into the fuselage. Tonight, we are molding the intake section, paneled fuselage, and aft engine section. Ater that, the wings are ready to mold as well as the final design for the vertical stab. Here we go. Am looking to have a FULL MOLDED build-up pic by Thurs or Fri. And we will be casting kits possibly by Wd or Thurs, here they come! We are thrilled!
Old December 26th, 2005, 09:32 PM   #152
dilbertman
Warrior Ace

Glad to hear you got the stuff from Tom. Really looking forward to seeing/getting this when your done. Maybe going to LA in the next few weeks? Hope to see Tom if he has time? You know he's doing that movie thing right now.

Jim
Old December 26th, 2005, 10:35 PM   #153
BlueSquad2001
Warrior Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbertman
Glad to hear you got the stuff from Tom. Really looking forward to seeing/getting this when your done. Maybe going to LA in the next few weeks? Hope to see Tom if he has time? You know he's doing that movie thing right now.

Jim
Yeah I'm aware of what he is doing. Terri (warriorchemist) and I were invited by him to hollywood to a day of hanging out with him on filming site, presenting his model and discussing Galactica. Galactica's continuation is what is really a driving force for me, and Terri. We are making preparations to go soon. We'll let all know when we do, and maybe even check into the fleets while there, and see if he'd like to say some things to all the fans here. That is a thought that I'd like to pursue with him, and I'll definately bring it up in conversation to see what he would think of doing that. Cool idea!
Old December 28th, 2005, 09:29 AM   #154
spcglider
Squadron Leader

Hey, do me a personal favor while you're there, huh? Mention to Tom how much you'd LOVE to see an adult comedy sitcom starring puppets of classic movie monsters.

You know, just slip it in while you're conversing.

LOL.

-Gordon

P.S. Looking forward to that kit!

Old December 29th, 2005, 06:54 AM   #155
BlueSquad2001
Warrior Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by spcglider
Hey, do me a personal favor while you're there, huh? Mention to Tom how much you'd LOVE to see an adult comedy sitcom starring puppets of classic movie monsters.

You know, just slip it in while you're conversing.

LOL.

-Gordon

P.S. Looking forward to that kit!

I'm definately looking forward to doint that (personal) favor just for you! That would shake things up a bit now would'nt it?
Oh and Gordon, sent you an e-mail. Will call you somtime this morning.
Old December 29th, 2005, 03:15 PM   #156
Aussieviper
Shuttle Pilot

Wow Bluesquad, she is looking lovely, well done sir I certainly wish I had half of your scratchbuilding skills!! I can't wait to put this baby-hopefully the only one in Australia- down on the table at the local Model comp in April! Along with my studio scale Cylon Raider from the new series! Its certainly happy and expensive days for BSG Modelers!! How's the casting going? Any word on when they'll be done? I'm climbing the walls with anticipation! Have a good new year, Chris
Old December 29th, 2005, 03:19 PM   #157
Aussieviper
Shuttle Pilot

Haha, just noticed the 'just lost my cherry' under my post name. Funny thing is, I have a 10 week old daughter, so I am feeling kinda ripped off! Or should I be worried.......? Might have to have a word with my wife. Cheers, Chris
Old December 29th, 2005, 03:55 PM   #158
BlueSquad2001
Warrior Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussieviper
Wow Bluesquad, she is looking lovely, well done sir I certainly wish I had half of your scratchbuilding skills!! I can't wait to put this baby-hopefully the only one in Australia- down on the table at the local Model comp in April! Along with my studio scale Cylon Raider from the new series! Its certainly happy and expensive days for BSG Modelers!! How's the casting going? Any word on when they'll be done? I'm climbing the walls with anticipation! Have a good new year, Chris
Yes we are supposed to have pics of a fully cast model by the weekend, if all things continue as planned. Did you say (scratch-building SKILLS???)
Uh... Thanks a MILLION!!!!
Seriously, pics will be posted soon.
Now for the "BIG" announcement!
We are.....Thanks to the creator-Tom DeSanto getting me the drawings and details on this much hidden fighter Going to finish our Studio-Scale Desanto Raider to be released right after the Vipers begin to ship!
YES THEY ARE "BIG!"
Pre-order price will be $225.00 + 15.00 shipping. After the initial pre-orders which will be limited to 9 of them, the price will be set for good at $265.00 plus shipping. Overseas shipping will be calculated.
He we go!
Old January 2nd, 2006, 07:52 PM   #159
BlueSquad2001
Warrior Ace

Okay, we are LATE!!! OOooops!
Here are pics of Terri re-inforcing the mold boxes.

And the engine, intakes, wing and fuselage molds.

And LAST...But not LEAST.. Here's Terri just so happy with her molds! Can't ya see the excitement!

Will demold tomorrow, and our fist casting will be shown here in the afternoon! Will call in a minute Dilbertman!
Old January 3rd, 2006, 12:15 AM   #160
dilbertman
Warrior Ace

Hey BlueSquad,

At this rate I will need to start robbing banks to pay for all the cool things you are making. Keep it up . Long live Classic Galactica.

Jim
Old January 3rd, 2006, 08:09 AM   #161
peter noble
Strike Leader

Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

Can't wait to see what's in those molds.

This is like modern-day alchemy!

Best,

Peter
Old January 3rd, 2006, 09:09 AM   #162
BlueSquad2001
Warrior Ace

NEW ANNOUNCEMENT AND PICS OF FINAL CASTINGS
Here are the fruits of our labor, for all the Battlestar fans here and everywhere.
The first pic is of the prototype fuselage on the right (grey) and beside it is the resin pull the the panel lines and rivets were detailed into to make yet another mold the arrive at the gorgeously detailed final version. We are now casting the entire body, and pics of the engines and intakes are coming up in just a few minutes!
We are NOW TAKING ORDERS FOR THIS MODEL!!!
$125.00 plus 10.00 shipping and handling and to be safe insurance will be offered. Also shipping may depend on your location, we'll figure it out.

Contact me by p.m. or here direct at teripop@comcast.net, and we'll get yours poured up!
New pics in a few minutes!
Old January 3rd, 2006, 10:11 AM   #163
WarriorChemist
Shuttle Pilot

Wink At work and missing all the excitement...

Well, I got to be involved in the mold-making (which I can't say is extremely fun) but I'm missing out on the first castings because I'm at work. Oh well, that's OK. I'll get to see in a few hours. I'm glad to see some people excited about this... makes all the work worth it.

I did not know he was going to post that picture of me sitting in the floor... Kind of embarrassing really! I guess he is getting even for the picture I posted of him with the greeblies.

Old January 3rd, 2006, 10:22 AM   #164
BlueSquad2001
Warrior Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorChemist
Well, I got to be involved in the mold-making (which I can't say is extremely fun) but I'm missing out on the first castings because I'm at work. Oh well, that's OK. I'll get to see in a few hours. I'm glad to see some people excited about this... makes all the work worth it.

I did not know he was going to post that picture of me sitting in the floor... Kind of embarrassing really! I guess he is getting even for the picture I posted of him with the greeblies.

Heh Heh! ands Yuck Yuck!!
Old January 3rd, 2006, 11:35 AM   #165
BlueSquad2001
Warrior Ace

COMPLETE BODY PICS!!!

And there is what was in those molds Peter! Your patience has paid off! I'm thrilled with the castings.
Old January 3rd, 2006, 12:37 PM   #166
BlueSquad2001
Warrior Ace

Am currently filling molds with resin and pulling. Am molding wings and guns tomorrow and with that, it'll be fully finished!
Old January 3rd, 2006, 12:58 PM   #167
peter noble
Strike Leader

Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

Holy frack!

Can't wait to see the rest!

I'm loving the detail and the panel lines.

Great stuff!
Old January 3rd, 2006, 01:48 PM   #168
BlueSquad2001
Warrior Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter noble
Holy frack!

Can't wait to see the rest!

I'm loving the detail and the panel lines.

Great stuff!
Thanks Peter! Here's more. We have 4 vipers now cast, and am about to cast stabilizers. Here's a pic.

Old January 3rd, 2006, 01:52 PM   #169
peter noble
Strike Leader

Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

Hey, that's two more than Tom D had!

Best,

Peter
Old January 3rd, 2006, 02:47 PM   #170
BlueSquad2001
Warrior Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter noble
Hey, that's two more than Tom D had!

Best,

Peter
Hey Peter, we now have 6 molded. This is fun, shoulda' done this a long time ago.
Old January 3rd, 2006, 04:16 PM   #171
BlueSquad2001
Warrior Ace

MORE PICS FROM THE VIPER YARDS

Here's a few of the pre-order fighters, and stay tuned, I'm about to cast on in black so that the detailing of the panels and other little bits are easier with lighter coats. I'll attemp to put one together and prime the black one mayby to show it being assembled!

The pic below we call the DeSanto Squadron!

More to come soon!
Old January 3rd, 2006, 05:03 PM   #172
Aussieviper
Shuttle Pilot

Hi guys, WOW!!!!!!! Those castings look nice, not a lot of clean up there. I am guessing the pre orders are going out next week sometime? Out of curiosity, do you have orders following the pre orders? These seem to be fairly popular. You're doing a Desanto Raider as well?? Thanks for that, more groveling and begging I need to do to my wife! I can't wait for my Viper, now that I have seen the finished result and I look forward to seeing the Cylon Raider and Galactica. You do realise of course, you will have to do a Cylon Basestar thats' bigger and more detailed than the old monogram kit! Keep the awesome work coming! Cheers, Chris
Old January 3rd, 2006, 05:15 PM   #173
WarriorChemist
Shuttle Pilot

Heart Hi Everybody

Thanks for all the great feedback... We find it energizing and it helps us work harder. He's in the bathroom right now making the last casting for the night. When I was ordering supplies, I ordered a bottle of black coloring to experiment with. Michael had told me when he was building the master that it was easier to see errors on a darker surface, which is why he primed the master between doing all the details and smoothing. He just did one casting with a bit of the black coloring added, and it has turned out to be a nice primer-gray color. It is easier to see the panel lines and rivets, as well as the greeblie details. There are a few bubbles that are more visible too, but we intend to repair these before sending out any kits. We want them to look great for the people who have been kind enough to trust us.

Yes, we have gotten more orders after the pre-orders, and will have to order more supplies soon. We've found that the suppliers aren't too fast on shipping, so we have to be one step ahead with the ordering so we won't get behind. I'm sure as we get more experienced, we will be able to put these out a lot faster. It takes time to develop an efficient system, even though we've tried to be as organized and methodical as we could.

I think the most difficult thing left to do is to get the pilot sculpted so he can be molded and cast in resin. I hope Michael doesn't make any female pilots, because knowing him, their chests wouldn't fit under the canopy.

Old January 3rd, 2006, 05:18 PM   #174
WarriorChemist
Shuttle Pilot

Lightbulb Chris

By the way, Chris... Perhaps some of the female warriors in the Galactica Cafe could give you some suggestions on how to convince your wife to be more cooperative about your model collection. LOL

Old January 3rd, 2006, 06:25 PM   #175
BlueSquad2001
Warrior Ace

FINAL PICS OF THE DAY!

The newly cast viper bodies along with som dark gray and black tints added to the resin, as a test to see how well it will affect my weathering process. But here they all are. Wings and guns will be molded tomorrow. Details then.

Goodnight to all warriors and non-coms! I'm heading to the officers club.
Old January 3rd, 2006, 07:06 PM   #176
dilbertman
Warrior Ace

That's all I have to say.

Jim
Old January 3rd, 2006, 07:11 PM   #177
WarriorChemist
Shuttle Pilot

Heart Officers Club?

I think he meant bathtub... LOL

Dilbertman, are you going to be alright?

Good night everybody. I'm beat!
Old January 3rd, 2006, 07:13 PM   #178
Griffworks
Builder of the RTF

Awesome job, guys! Those are DaBomb! Sorry I couldn't make it by today. I hate moving - a lot. Still unpacking stuff, too.

Lots of thanks to Teri for putting up with Michael working so obsessively on these!
Old January 3rd, 2006, 07:29 PM   #179
dilbertman
Warrior Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorChemist
I think he meant bathtub... LOL

Dilbertman, are you going to be alright?

Good night everybody. I'm beat!
I'll be ok, thanks.

Jim
Old January 3rd, 2006, 10:03 PM   #180
dilbertman
Warrior Ace

http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums...6&postcount=35

Controls for DeSanto Viper?

Jim

Closed Thread