Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old October 23rd, 2003, 06:15 PM   #31
amberstar
Strike Leader

Default Fack....

I think I will be the last one to get mine. I checked my amazon account and it hasn't even been shiped yet. Still says Delivery date Oct. 29- 30th.
Just might have to go out Saturday and get one, don't think I can wait any longer. (My brother said he even saw them on the shelves at Circuit City).

Amberstar
Old October 24th, 2003, 12:32 PM   #32
Krystal
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally posted by Sept17th

The running commentary with Richard, Dirk and Herb is like watching with some buddies over cold beers…some times you want to tell Dirk to shut up and “hey Hatch while you’re up grab me another cold Sam Adams”.
I got mine wednesday from Amazon, and it was a surprise because I was waiting for the email telling they send it but looks like something was not so well with my email and doesn't received it. I was expecting other dvds so you can imagine my reaction when I see it was Galactica.

I totally love the commentaries, it shows they really have a good time doing it. And definitely it was hilarious to hear this guys. And the deleted scenes are great.

Krystal
Krystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2003, 01:44 PM   #33
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

I got mine today!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now, the only bad thing is that I'm going to be out of town, nowhere near a DVD player so, I've got to wait till at least Sunday to watch any of it!!

You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2003, 03:40 PM   #34
JLHurley
Warrior

I couldn't wait a micron longer than necessary for my BG collection--I was at a Walmart Tuesday at 6 a.m. to see if they had any copies out. No such luck, and the "help" wasn't very...helpful. 6 a.m. clerks didn't seem to know if it was even going to be in store and if so when (regardless of the fact that walmart.com was listing it).

10 a.m. saw me at Circuit City. They hadn't unpacked the box but I and another BG fan nabbed ours anyway. (It was GREAT actually seeing someone else buying it at the same time I was! We are EVERYWHERE, Galactica fans!

I was initially disappointed by some grainy scenes in "Saga" but have ventured all the way to "Man with Nine Lives" as of today and I'm more than happy with the quality of video. Not so happy with the audio, but hopefully a new home entertainment system/stereo will change that.

My favorite deleted/unused scene so far: Cassiopea walking onto the bridge in "Long Patrol," causing Omega to stammer and bridge officers to leer.

It's a good time to be a BG fan! (Hope I'm still saying that come December...)
Old October 24th, 2003, 04:28 PM   #35
Artemis
Warrior

Mine still hasn't shown up and since I have everything sent to work instead of my house I won't get it till Monday even if it shows up tomorrow.
Old October 24th, 2003, 04:31 PM   #36
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Well,

I'm happy for those that got theirs already. I came home to a disappointment - they weren't here when I got home. Amazon listed both yesterday and today as the estimated delivery date. I was pretty sure that as they were shipped out on Monday that they would have got here by today. I hope that they will be here by tomorrow at the latest. I'm gonna go out and buy the Indiana Jones DVD set to make this evening not so much of a bust....

Best to all,
Bryan

"If you love long enough, wish hard enough, anything is possible" - From The Boy Who Could Fly
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2003, 06:17 PM   #37
Starbuck
I'm 100% female

No happy news for me either. I was hoping my set would arrive today. Amazon.com said my DVD's were shipped out on Monday.
Starbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2003, 11:54 PM   #38
ojai22
Dancing Viper Queen

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

I had a bit of a credit card problem - an unauthorized charge. The bank said we're canceling your card, you'll have a new one in 7 to 10 days. i got the new card and ordered immediately from Amazon.com They say I should receive it around Nov. 1st.

Everyone is so enthusiastic - should make it easy to get those letters in the mail on Oct. 28.

Yes, the REAL BSG is the one we want!
Old October 27th, 2003, 02:20 PM   #39
dvo47p
Bad Email Address

Got 'em, but have a problem, not with the content but with the quality of the actual DVD disks, Universal should be ashamed. These are not as good as say, Captain Corellis Mandolin or 12 Monkeys, I have both, they are thicker, I guess Universal was suprised! Plus the new DVD's do not have BG logo on them, at least Universal could have contracted a better quality disk, with The Battlestar Galactica logo & info on each disk.

I liked the look of the new enhanced new DVD’s are better than the two hour, five minute, Widescreen 1.85:1, Dolby Digital 1.1 Mono. The new DVD's of the first three episodes. The only bad thing is the quality of the old DVD disc is better and I do not need to cut a damn light on the read the number of the DVD disk I’m planning on watching. Upside the Digitally enhanced new DVD’s are a joy to watch, no break-up, no pixel degradation & the sound is better.

I just checked out the amazon.com rating: # Average Customer Review: Five & ½ out of Six stars, # Amazon.com Sales Rank (DVD): 38 as of 5:18 pm EST 10/27.
dvo47p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2003, 10:29 PM   #40
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Default Better late than never....

I finally got mine from UPS today - a few days late, but I got 'em!

I prepared a nice snack and opened up the box...I gotta tell ya - that Cylon head was the worst packaging idea yet! I can live with the oversized box and I love the booklet that came with. I even like the way the 6 disks are "booked" together and fold out and all...

I went straight for the "Extras"! I pulled out Disk #6 and watched "Remembering Battlestar Galactica". I learned a lot I never knew from some of the people who where right there instead of reading it second hand for a change. I was so happy watching just this one piece of TV history being told, I almost forgot everything else!

I wans't going to dive into the episodes yet, but I did watch the deleted scenes from "Saga of a Star World" and then watched the entire episode. BSG never looked so good - I'm so glad that we have a Dolby Surround system - it also sounded terrific once I got the balances right on the speakers. I could actually understand bits of dialogue that usually got lost in everything else that was going on in the scene. I was so jazzed watching the first episode - it was so sharp and clear that I almost remember what it was like the first time in 1978.

I'm ready for more, but I've been up since 4am and it's time for bed - I'm pooped!

Best to all,
Bryan
________
BUY VAPORIZERS
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2003, 05:40 AM   #41
Starbuck
I'm 100% female

I just checked my order status, and my DVD's should arrive today!
Old October 28th, 2003, 06:29 AM   #42
AC11
Shuttle Pilot

Default DVD

the wife says I'll have to wait for it as a XMAS gift due to the price!.......OH WELL!

AC11
:cowboy:
Old October 28th, 2003, 09:29 AM   #43
Charybdis
Battlestar Callisto

Default Frack!!!!

Amazon still is saying that my set has not shipped!!!! For three fracking months they have said that it would ship on the 27th of October and nothing yet!!!

I am starting to get really mad!!!

http://bscallisto.proboards.com/index.cgi
Charybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2003, 12:36 PM   #44
Artemis
Warrior

My set was waiting for me today at work. It probably would have been here yesterday but I didn't go to work since no one in the county was supposed to go out and even UPS was not delivering because of the fires and smoke. I have to agree with what many have said, the cylon head is kind of cheap looking and I didn't expect the box to be so big, it won't fit in my DVD cabinet. But it is the disks that count.
:colwar:
Old October 28th, 2003, 01:38 PM   #45
ojai22
Dancing Viper Queen

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

Amazon.com just notified me that mine were shipped today. I ordered them a few days ago.

They're on the way....
Old October 28th, 2003, 03:52 PM   #46
Starbuck
I'm 100% female

I just checked my order status on amazon.com. UPS delivered my DVD set at 11:42 am. 1 hour and 10 minutes left before I get to go home. No one better get in my way on the freeway tonight! :laugh:
Old October 28th, 2003, 04:18 PM   #47
Charybdis
Battlestar Callisto

Default Not received them yet???

OK, now let's start a new thread for all of those who will be the LAST one to receive this set!!!!

I think I"m in the running! I do'nt live all that far away!!!

Old October 28th, 2003, 06:23 PM   #48
LucianG
Warrior

Al,
I'm with you! DVDPlanet is still showing my estimated shipping date as 10/21/03! That's a week ago. I've sent them a note and not heard anything yet. If I haven't heard from them by noon tomorrow, I may cancel and pick up a copy at WalMart. There were several copies on the shelf there when I was shopping for a GS camping trip on Friday evening. I thought about lining them all up. Imagine the clerk's surprise if they'd seen all those Cylon images "looking" at them. Too bad they didn't add a cheap LCD and battery to make the eye glow and roam.

"Tilting at the SciFi windmill"
LucianG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2003, 06:37 PM   #49
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Huzzah!!!

Finally got my DVDs!!! Boy am I jazzed! They showed up at my door at just the right moment - a minute later and I would've missed them!

Gotta admit, they estimated 27th - 29th and today is the 28th. I love the box and the set! I have so much to say about them, I will have to start a thread. Gotta watch a full ep first though to really get a feel. I've just been skipping around (like crazy). Tons of extras - this is gonna keep me busy for a month!

My first impression: 4-3/4 stars out of 5! Uni rocks!!! This is truly my dream come true - even a special just for me -- "Working with Daggits/Evie the Chimp"!!! Absotively posilutely fantastic job!!!

Woohoo!!!

P.S. Charybdis, don' t be sad, it's worth the wait!!! Hope you get yours soon!
Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2003, 06:59 PM   #50
SeoulWind

DVD Planet shows mine as estimated shipping on the 21st too, no other indication that anything has happened yet. I'm with LucianG, if it shows up in the PX here by the weekend and DVD Planet hasn't changed the status, they'll lose my business.

I thought the eye did roam, hmmm. Now that big plastic partially scalped chrome-plated head is even MORE useless...

Mark
Old October 28th, 2003, 08:18 PM   #51
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

ABOUT THE DVD BOX...

I want to mention here something about the DVD box, at least my feelings on it. I think it was a brilliant idea whoever thought of it. It dominates the competition, and on a store shelf grabs the attention of both those who recognize it as BSG and those that think, hmmm, what's this??? This alone is enough to help BSG storm off the shelves, and we should be thankful for that. The eye clearly didn't work out as intended. It was supposed to be like those plastic woven finish cards that show you different images as you reposition the card. I think the intent was there and that was neat, too bad it didn't work out.

And don't fret the box being oversize -- the set comes nicely presented as a box within a box. The box holding the DVDs is just like any other DVD set on your shelf, and you can just remove it from the big one and store it like all your others. The big box belongs on top of a bookshelf anyway as a conversation piece, or, if you don't like it, you could hide that away somewhere out of view.

MHO folks(!) . BTW, the box immediately grabbed my family's attention and curiosity and definitely is helping me induce them to watch!

Old October 28th, 2003, 08:22 PM   #52
ojai22
Dancing Viper Queen

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

Muffit,

I'd like to see you when you REALLY get excited!

:sunshi:
Old October 28th, 2003, 08:43 PM   #53
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

LOL Ojai!!! Tell you what, just announce that Mr. Larson, Mr. DeSanto and Richard are doing a big screen continuation /for sure/, and you'll have to wipe me off the walls!!! Oh, no! The daggit's going to explode!!!

Old October 29th, 2003, 03:02 AM   #54
amberstar
Strike Leader

I just checked my Amazon account, I should have the DVDs any day now!!!!!!!!!!!
It's about time. I can't wait to watch them!!!!!!!!!!!
Old October 29th, 2003, 03:06 AM   #55
SeoulWind

Well, I'm not totally against the Cylon head... But I mean, who's idea was it to scalp him like that? Just scaling him down a bit would allow you to get the front of the helmet crest on there, and that would improve the look a very great deal.

Scalped or not, the head won't stop me from buying the set, though ...Wish it wold hurry up and get here!

Mark
Old October 29th, 2003, 04:13 AM   #56
LucianG
Warrior

Muffit,

Thanks for the clarification on the eye. I was in a hurry and didn't think to pick one up to try to get that effect. I just knew that if the eye was meant to roam electronically, the ones on the WalMart shelf weren't doing it!

Tony

P.S. Just checked DVD Planet again to see if they might do a daily update. Estimated shipping date still lists 10/21/03.

Old October 29th, 2003, 06:09 AM   #57
goldcenturian
Shuttle Pilot

Default Got mine Saturday!!!!

From Walmart in Corbin, KY of all places! I had ordered mine from Sam Goody in Corbin, but problems, problems. They didn't get even one copy in! I was getting aggravated!!! Walked in at Wallyworld and voila, there it was the LAST one! Grab, hug, don't want to let go even to get the thing scanned and checked out! LOL.
Anyway, it's been wonderful! All of the extras, deleted and expanded scenes are amazing. I wonder if the scene on WAr of the Gods with Starbuck hitting on one of the angels was the inspiration for origin of Galactica 1980's Dr. Zee? It was an hilarious scene! Spiritual child, indeed!
And the shirtless scene in the launch tube with Starbuck and Cass was priceless! Finally, I got to see what all of the censor's problems were about. By today's standards, very innocent stuff. Dirk and Laurette seemed to have been having a great time! Sigh! The new mini would have been cut all to pieces by those censors of 25 years ago!
Speaking of which, I have NOT viewed that preview of the mini on there. It's not even a consideration with all of the stuff available from TOS at my greedy fingertips!!! It's just an annoying blip on the dvd taking up valuable space!!
Over all a Very, Very happy woman here!
goldcenturian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2003, 07:00 AM   #58
Charybdis
Battlestar Callisto

Default Shipping soon...

Well, as of 10 am EST on the 29th, I just checked my Amazon account and it now lists it as "shipping soon". I hope that it will be leaving today and I will be getting my set in a couple of days. HOpefully by Friday!!!!!

Old October 29th, 2003, 09:48 AM   #59
LucianG
Warrior

I'm ticked! Just in from DVD Planet's Customer "Service" Department:

Thank you for writing DVDPlanet!
It doesn't appear that your order has been downloaded. If you have not been charged you may simply reorder. We apologize for your inconvenience and hope to hear form you soon.
Please contact us if you have any futher questions.

Sincerely,

DVDPlanet Customer Service Department
orders@dvdplanet.com

So, after ordering on July 4, I have to start all over again!

Old October 29th, 2003, 10:14 AM   #60
LucianG
Warrior

Turns out DVDPlanet recently changed owners. The old owners didn't give the new owners some orders. Well, I just cancelled mine in writing even though they said they didn't have it, and then ordered from Amazon.com.