Go Back   Colonial Fleets > FAN CREATIVITY > All About Models
Notices
All About Models Information on making models, real or CGI. Tutorials as well.
Requests and questions should be posted here.

Old October 21st, 2005, 04:42 PM   #1
jjrakman

Lightbulb Revell Model Kits

Well, you can barely find on on eBay for less than $40. I've been wanting to put one together reall bad, but would rather not pay that much.

I went to the manufacturer's web site in hopes of contacting them to inquire as to whether or not they'll be reissueing them. Seems a no brainer since there's so many other new Galactica products being release. But they don't have an e-mail addy on their website.

If we had an addy, this could be a e-mail campaign that just might work!

Anyone know how to contact them?
Old October 21st, 2005, 04:50 PM   #2
Archangel
Bad Email Address

Corporate address

Revell-Monogram, LLC
725 Lendwehr Road
Northbrook, Illinois 60062

Consumer Affairs
800-883-3570
Archangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2005, 09:46 PM   #3
Sept17th
Clunky Man In Suit

Any links for getting the extra part kits that take the Revell models to the next step of cool. The kits for the side of the battlestar model?
Another Film Maker
Sept17th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2005, 01:22 AM   #4
jjrakman

Quote:
Any links for getting the extra part kits that take the Revell models to the next step of cool. The kits for the side of the battlestar model?
Enter "Galactica" into the eBay search and you will get a ton of matches. Then click on the "model" category. There's almost always the Galactica detail kit. Also, the cockpit detail for the Revell Viper. Once in a while you'll find other cool stuff like the Tram kit with 6 Viper pilots. Or the Viper launch tube stand.

But that's not really the problem. The problem is that Revell hasn't reissued their Galactica models when just about every other company on the planet is issuing new Galactica products. What gives?
Old October 22nd, 2005, 01:40 AM   #5
Sept17th
Clunky Man In Suit

Thanks, as for your question I don't know. I bought them a few years ago when they where released again. They have sat in a box un-opened, I find that now I'll be doing a fan film I'm really looking forward to putting them together.
Another Film Maker
Sept17th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2005, 08:03 AM   #6
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrakman
The problem is that Revell hasn't reissued their Galactica models when just about every other company on the planet is issuing new Galactica products. What gives?

JJ -

The original 1978 Revell models were reissued almost 10 years ago, but it was Monogram that did the reissue. I would assume that Monogram bought the rights and the molds for the reissue. I have one of each of the reissue kits in my closet....awaiting the day when I have time to put a model together again.

I have seen the garage-issue detail kits for the Galactica and the Viper - they get kinda pricey at times, but I keep track on them just the same. One day....

Best,
Bryan

"If you love long enough, wish hard enough, anything is possible" - From The Boy Who Could Fly
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2005, 10:08 AM   #7
jjrakman

Quote:
The original 1978 Revell models were reissued almost 10 years ago, but it was Monogram that did the reissue. I would assume that Monogram bought the rights and the molds for the reissue. I have one of each of the reissue kits in my closet....awaiting the day when I have time to put a model together again.
Yeah, I knew that. But you'd think with all the new products coming out now, they'd reisue them again.
Old October 23rd, 2005, 10:09 AM   #8
jjrakman

By the way, anyone want to sell me their sleeping Viper kit for a reasonable price?
Old October 26th, 2005, 12:47 PM   #9
jjrakman

Well, I called Rvell Monogram.

They said they don't have any plans right now to reissue them in the next six months, but "anything is possible."

You'd think with all the new Galactica products coming out, reissuing these model kits would be a no brainer.

Maybe if they get a few more phone calls...
Old November 21st, 2005, 11:46 PM   #10
BlueSquad2001
Warrior Ace

Go to www.starshipmodeler.com and join the modeler forum. Revell monogram has released a statment that they have no intention of re-releasing these kits anytime in the near future. But, I have about 8 viper kits I got from ebay, and am currently correcting these to match the filming models and cast in resin. They will be priced at or around 90.00. But...they will be just as awesomely detailed as the studioscale kits found at the above site. Only smaller. The changes include, correct side engine details added, lengthening of the nose, adding sides to correct fuselage shape, as the kit sucks. proper detail of the leopold railway gun kit added to the engine exhausts, rims cut away from rear of intakes, corrected and engraved panel lines, corrected rear engine (pipe) details, and the list continues.
You can see my work in colonial fleets un-finished artwork threads. Hope you like what is coming up.