Go Back   Colonial Fleets > REJUVENATION CENTER > Galactica Cafe
Notices
Galactica Cafe A place to socialize and have fun!

Old March 10th, 2005, 06:33 PM   #1
Mustex
On Vacation...

Default Videogame Question

Which world did the videogame happen in? I thought it was TOS, but then I started looking up things about it at galactica.tv, and it sounded like TNS. Here's a sample:

Quote:
The evolution of the machine species known as the Cylons can be traced back to the earliest robotic mechanisms created by the Twelve Colonies. In those early times, these machines were built first as toys and simple novelties, then as advanced articial workers that could perform hazardous and difficult labor.

The progenitors of the Cylon Alliance served the Colonials in the mines, on the ocean floor, and the cold vacuum of space, working in places where men no longer wished to go. Eventually, they became soldiers, fighting in wars and border conflicts between the colonial peoples, and it was here that they first gained true sentience.

The Cylons were the most perfect of man's war machines, intelligent and deadly, capable of logic, reason, and learning. In the crucible of the battlefield, the Cylons decided that their servitude to humans was at an end, and they rose up in a night of blood and fire to lay waste to their masters. With the Twelve Colonies united against them, the Cylons began an assault on humankind with one purpose in mind - the total and absolute extermination of their creators.

-- Source: Battlestar Galactica Videogame
If it was TOS wouldn't they Cylons have originally served lizards?

Rule 1: You lose.
Mustex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2005, 06:59 PM   #2
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly Warrior
The Lone Wolf

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDOwner:
Colonial Fleets
3D Gladiators
Former Webmaster:
BattlestarGalactica.com
RichardHatch.com
GreatWarofMagellan.com
Web Tech:
LauretteSpang.com
DirkBenedictCentral.com
TombsofKobol.com

The game was originally suppose to be a TOS game, but Universal wanted a tie-in with nuBG, so an almagam of the two was created for the game.

Thus you have, in secret missions, TOS's Apollo and Starbuck coming to the past to assist you, and "you" just happen to be WILLIAM Adama.
"Legends never die... They just get new Captains."
"Respect the past. It brought you the present."
Darrell Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2005, 03:33 AM   #3
TopGun
Strike Leader

Plus it's the THS Viper Mk II you pilot
Old March 11th, 2005, 02:13 PM   #4
Mustex
On Vacation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior
The game was originally suppose to be a TOS game, but Universal wanted a tie-in with nuBG, so an almagam of the two was created for the game.

Thus you have, in secret missions, TOS's Apollo and Starbuck coming to the past to assist you, and "you" just happen to be WILLIAM Adama.
I thought that might be possible, but if a TOS game had been upstaged to become a TNS tie-in I would have expected a trillion people to be moaning about it over in the reviews at amazon.com. I read (well...skimmed) through them, and noone even mentioned it.

Rule 1: You lose.
Mustex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2005, 05:37 AM   #5
Trotsky
Shuttle Pilot

Actually there is a Viper MK I, Mk II and Mk III. You pilot the Mk. I for the start of the game.

BTW, great game. It's on budget racks now for the most part. Worth a look if you're a gamer. Hard as heck though.
Trotsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2005, 10:42 AM   #6
BRG
Warrior

Thumbs up respect the message.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotsky
Hard as heck though.
Indeed, that is an understatement! The game is beyond my feeble gaming skills, and my level of patience. After 20 minuts of struggle and not getting anywhere, BRG usually cracks by hurling the joypad at the TV, and roaring a string of curses that would make even Starbuck blush!

As for the game. I reckon it did a good job in merging the two versions of Galactica. It kept the feel of the original, but added the improved story elements of the new version.

Best of both worlds, IMHO.
BRG
BRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2005, 01:10 PM   #7
TopGun
Strike Leader

Game have got it on the PS2 for £0.99 at the moment