Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Miscellaneous Entertainment
Notices
Miscellaneous Entertainment Talk about any other shows not covered by other forums.

Old May 6th, 2003, 08:55 AM   #1
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Default Indiana Jones trilogy

It is official. On 11/4 the DVDs will be out. Check out http://thedigitalbits.com
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2003, 12:36 PM   #2
kingfish
Strike Leader

Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

To see the trailers go to http://apple.com/trailers
Old May 26th, 2003, 04:24 PM   #3
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

This is GREAT news! Two of the 3 greatest trilogies now available (Indy, SW and BTTF).

Now if they'd only release Star Wars I could sell my lasers...
Thanks Kingfish,
Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2003, 10:21 PM   #4
KJ
Strike Leader

Great finally, us lot in Europe can see the uncut "Indiana Jones And The Temple of Doom", "Legendary Heart ripping" scene along with the cuts done for the violence.

Quote:
Now if they'd only release Star Wars I could sell my lasers...
Muffit don't sell your laserdiscs???....... especially the NTSC ones! Laserdiscs and the players, are collector items now. Besides if you have the uncut "Temple of Doom" i'm sure you've got a movie gem. (Not sure if it's the same outside of Europe but i'm pretty sure it's longer)

I'm gonna get the "Back To The Future Trilogy" Region 1 version 2 DVD by end of the month, hopefully.

Besides Laserdiscs still have sharper quality picture than a VCR video tape recording or VCD. And are basically early versions of DVD's (just larger in size)

You've got a collector item hang on to it, i'm still trying to buy a second hand, double sided player since the movies on laserdisc are dirt cheap now!

KJ
KJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2003, 10:21 PM   #5
Senmut
Strike Leader

Any cut footage going to be put back in?
Senmut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2003, 10:25 PM   #6
KJ
Strike Leader

Like i said, i hope "Temple of Doom" is uncut Senmut, thus ican see what all the noise was about with the heart ripping scene which hasn't to my knowledge been seen in Europe?

Although i'm sure the uncut version made it's way to Laserdisc years ago?

Later

KJ
Old May 26th, 2003, 10:36 PM   #7
Senmut
Strike Leader

It was gross, and I will admit it was a bit gratuitous, really. The other two films were a notch or two better, overall.
Old May 26th, 2003, 11:00 PM   #8
KJ
Strike Leader

Really?

Hell, personally "Raiders" is my favorite but "Temple of Doom" is my second favorite (European version that is) Hell, Raiders dark haunting ending (melting Nazi's) is alot more frightening, than Doom's cut down violent action.

I'll know soon i'm getting it soon (taped from laserdisc version) within the week, thus answers why i came out of exile to answer this interesing post about Indiana Jones!

How North Americans find "Last Crusade" better than the rollercoaster ride of "Temple of Doom" which Lucas and Speliberg intended to make darker and "Last Crusade" more humorous, me and friends i know of, have always found this strange?

Guess over the pond you lot prefer "Last Crusade" or "Raiders" over "Temple of Doom".

Ain't it funny though, timeline wise Temple of Doom happens first (the date being 1935) followed by "Raiders of the Lost Ark" (1936) then finally Last Crusade (1938) A trilogy with it's own prequel in the middle, Lucas and Speliberg eh!

Would explain why indiana's friend Sallah is in the first and third movies and why Shortround is in the middle. (He and Shortound parted ways soon after?)

KJ

Heh what a trilogy, only Lucas could come up with club, "OBI-WAN" or R2 D2 and C-3PO pictured on the wall in the "Well of souls" pit (as Indiana and Sallah lift the Ark out of the stone tomb) in Raiders, or on that plane at Raider's beginning (R2 - 3PO)
Old May 26th, 2003, 11:37 PM   #9
Senmut
Strike Leader

I'm not sure what you mean by "North Amerians" not liking the second IJ film. For me, it's merely a mattr of taste. Maybe it's the Hindu connection, maybe it's the whining chick. Oh well.
Old May 27th, 2003, 09:04 AM   #10
KJ
Strike Leader

I mean alot of bad commentary i've always heard on the second film "Temple of Doom" comes from North America i.e. Canada and the U.S.A. See IMDB.com and check out reviews for Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom!

Last Crusude had a average film ending compared to Raider's non-stop action scenes, the opening, The Well of souls escape, The desert chase, and Doom's rollercoaster thrill ride of non stop movie action. The Opening at club Obi Wan, The airplane escape, Pankot palace, The Mine cart chase, Indy Vs the two swordsmen, The rope bridge final.

KJ
Old May 27th, 2003, 01:19 PM   #11
Boxey

personally I liked the Temple Of Doom remembers watching it while drinking some rum and coke that morning and then the train part came in and was watching it then all of a sudden well you get the picture lol
Old May 27th, 2003, 01:21 PM   #12
Boxey

Actually meant to say the mine kart chase.
Old May 28th, 2003, 12:55 PM   #13

i like "temple of doom" for the action but love "crusade" for the comedy!
Old July 8th, 2003, 03:34 PM   #14
kingfish
Strike Leader

Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

There is some new info at http://thedigitalbits.com