Old February 27th, 2004, 07:20 PM   #1
thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

Default SG1 7.19 "Resurrection" (spoilers)

In the latest episode:

A NID experiment is exposed after all the scientists and workers are found murdered but one, a Dr Kessler. The only other survivor is the one who committed all the killings, a young girl named Anna.

Teal'c, Sam and Daniel discover Dr. Kessler is the son of a Nazi War Criminal and has been experimenting on a way to extract all the knowledge of a Goa'uld by combining its DNA with a human's. Anna is the result. But the process was never meant to produce a stable lifeform, and Anna is both haunted by memories which keep surfacing, an inner Goa'uld, and she is also dying.

"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2004, 07:34 PM   #2
thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

This was another episode without Jack. Infact I don't recall him even showing up. Apparently he is still suffering from the staff blast and Dr janet Frasier's loss.

There were basically two related plots going on. One dealing with defusing a Goa'uld bomb, which had kinda unoriginal writing. The other which was pretty interesting about the morality of pursuing knowledge in defense of earth. This was mostly a study in morality. I liked the questions it asked. But the direction was aa bit off for me. It lacked any energy.

One of the problems I had with it was that they had discovered a powerful bomb, but nobody seemed to care. Sure they were trying to difuse it, but there was no tension, or nervousness. I know they are use to high pressure situations, but this was unusually uncarring about a BOMB. There was no evacuation. They didn't even try to remove the artifacts to a safer place. They didn't even move the people out of the building. And I think that killed alot of the tension.

I rate this as kinda mediocre.

"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2004, 10:09 PM   #3
agent404

I just saw it. I didn't like it at all it had no Jack and no gate travel.
Old February 27th, 2004, 10:17 PM   #4
Sci-Fi
Bad Email Address

Written by Michael Shanks and directed by Amanda Tapping, it's a psychological study episode. Not everybody's cup of tea. There were mixed reviews by fans. Some loved it and some thought it was weak. The Hannibal Lecter type scenes with Anna and Daniel were evident. The evil Dr. Kefler was very well acted and transcended/saved the clichéd Nazi-like character. The Barrett and Sam interactions were quite interesting and some fans liked him better than "Pete", if she was going to be in a relationship. This episode has a definite X-Files look and feel to it and you will see another episode like it next week (although its a clip show, "Inauguration" is more interesting, better paced, and not as dark).

Observations: People questioned why one would give a suspected psychopath/Goa'uld lighted candles *inside* the cage that is full of flammable materials. Daniel could have shown more anger/disgust when confronting Kefler after viewing the "interrogation" tapes, that would give the scene a more powerful impact. Teal'c and Dr. Lee was under utilized and the bomb subplot seemed more like a bit of comic relief than a tense, serious situation. Probably would have been better if they made a 2-parter out of the story to develop and deepen the story lines and characters better. If Dr. Fraiser didn't die in the previous episode, her presence would have added needed insight into the experiments being performed at that facility and a confrontation with Kefler may have been memorable (morality, cloning, human experimentation, and DNA alterations). Could go on but leave that for others to discuss and point out.

Sci-Fi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2004, 05:40 PM   #5
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

This one wasn't that bad. However it has a Species II overtone without the sex part. Next week looks interesting with guest stars William Devane and Robert Picardo(Voyager). A bit off topic but I saw Neelix(Ethan Phillips with a beard) on JAG last night.
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 29th, 2004, 01:30 AM   #6
dec5
Warrior

I loved it...It just showed the depth and the many facits of the Stargate world....it made the whole series just more real and gritty.....even better then X files....because you actually know what is going on......Bravo Stargate!!!
dec5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 29th, 2004, 01:13 PM   #7
emerita
Bad Email Address

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

I was kind of bored with it at first, until I rewatched it. The storyline was very good and I hand it to Michael Shanks for writing it. Although I did like the one Chris Judge wrote more......
emerita is offline   Reply With Quote