Go Back   Colonial Fleets > FAN CREATIVITY > Colonial Library
Notices
Colonial Library Grab a glass of ambrosa and wrap yourself around stories, written by residents of our little corner of the universe!

Old April 8th, 2009, 07:58 AM   #1
Kester Pelagius
Bad Email Address

Battlestar Galactica 1978 Galactica Saga is here!

The first installment of Galactica Saga has been posted at Cosmic Cinema.

I hope you find this to be as interesting a journey as I have. After all it began here, at Colonial Fleets, starting with a threadbare idea for a promo to support a revival/continuation effort that became a funny little script and, now, a work of fiction that, I hope, shall be lovingly embraced by the BSG fanfic community. Alas there's still holes to fill so I shall endeavor to *knock on wood* post the Act's every Wednesday, in serial fashion.

If you like what you're reading share the love and spread the word about this new old school Battlestar Galactica serial: Galactica Saga!

Concerns about grammar, syntax, continuity issues, or other errors can be addressed to me directly here at Colonial Fleets or through my Blogger/G-mail account.

http://cosmic-cinema.blogspot.com/20...ng-part-1.html
Kester Pelagius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2009, 03:24 PM   #2
Kester Pelagius
Bad Email Address

Default Re: Galactica Saga is here!

Galactica Saga: Phoenix Rising - Part 1, Act 2 is now live and ready for reading.
Old April 15th, 2009, 04:46 PM   #3
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

Took a look at part one. Very well-constructed and we're in accord of how the "new twist" approach re: Saga would and should factor in the impact of Cain's disappearance on Colonial thinking prior to these events as we see Adama musing on this.

However, I don't think Adama is the type of person who would disdain having to wear his dress uniform, given the high resepct he has for the traditions of Colonial society. He always seemed quite comfortable in his (in contrast to say, a Cain, who would never be caught dead in one, and certainly not the blue one!)
"They hate us with every fiber of their being. We love....freedom, independence, the right to question. To them it is an alien way of living."-The non-myopic wisdom of Commander Adama, "Saga Of A Star World"

"How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."-Ronald Reagan
Eric Paddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2009, 07:32 AM   #4
Kester Pelagius
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Paddon View Post
Took a look at part one. Very well-constructed and we're in accord of how the "new twist" approach re: Saga would and should factor in the impact of Cain's disappearance on Colonial thinking prior to these events as we see Adama musing on this.
That seemed the most logical approach. As does having the Battlestar Pacifica out of the picture. The (apparent) loss of Galactica's sister ship so close on the heels of the loss of the 5th fleet would probably shake the Colonials up.

It also helps that, when listening to the bridge chatter in SAGA you could just as easily take what's said as: "Pacifica's" or "Pacificus", which has led to bit of extrapolation that will be mentioned later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Paddon View Post
However, I don't think Adama is the type of person who would disdain having to wear his dress uniform, given the high resepct he has for the traditions of Colonial society. He always seemed quite comfortable in his (in contrast to say, a Cain, who would never be caught dead in one, and certainly not the blue one!)
Point taken. I intended the prologue to capture Adama's anxiety over the situation, not having to wear dress blues. I was also trying to be frugal with words as I felt the prologue was running long. However I've made some tentative edits to my work file and put back in something I took out. Wont be updating the blog post but, when the final act is posted, I'll likely make a PDF for the board.

So if you see anything else that seems out of character or that doesn't capture the tone of BSG let me know.

Thanks for the input.
Old April 21st, 2009, 08:15 AM   #5
Athene
Galactica's Princess

Thanks! for posting that.
I'm going to take a look at those sites as soon as I can.

Battlestar Earth admin
Galactica's Princess admin
Battlestar Galactica Club Board Theme/Avatar Keeper
Athene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2009, 10:34 PM   #6
Kester Pelagius
Bad Email Address

Athene,

Hope you enjoy the story. The next "Act" should go live sometime later this morning. I'll be back with a link later.

Kind Regards,

Kester Pelagius
Old April 22nd, 2009, 09:05 AM   #7
Kester Pelagius
Bad Email Address

As promised Galactica Saga: Phoenix Rising - Part 1, Act 3 is now live.

Enjoy!
Old April 29th, 2009, 05:43 AM   #8
Kester Pelagius
Bad Email Address

Galactica Saga: Phoenix Rising - Part 1, Act 4 is now live.

Phoenix Rising Part 2 is still technically a work in progress so it may be a while before Act 1 of it appears. In the meantime any comments, constructive criticism, or suggestions for improvement readers would like to share are welcome.