Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old September 17th, 2023, 05:32 PM   #1
CBSG4ever
Warrior Ace

Location: In My Battlestar over San Diego waiting for everyone else...

Default 45th Anniversary Tonight

Tonight is the 45th Anniversary of the airing of the Original Series Battlestar Galactica! (45 YAHREN! Lord I feel old...)
At any rate, I am making dinner. When ready, I have the Pilot Episode loaded on the ole' DVD player ready to start.
I can still remember the night I hijacked the family TV set back in '78 to watch an amazing, mind-blowing experience and show. to Battlestar Galactica (78) for fond memories throughout my youth and into adulthood.
Thanks for the story and vision, Glen. And thanks to the actors and actresses for bringing these amazing characters to life for us to enjoy!

Without further adieu, it's off to dinner and a movie...
Cheers to all and hope you enjoy the evening with however you are able to celebrate the occasion.

Steve

"You're gonna need a bigger boat..." Chief Brody - Jaws
"Kind of a bummer gettin' your butt kicked by a dead guy" - Col. T.C. McQueen, S:AaB-(Ray Butts)
"A kind word and a 2-by-4 is better than just a kind word" - Marcus Cole, Babylon 5
"WIVES...uh...aren't we getting a little ahead of ourselves?" Starbuck - Living Legend
"Every creature in the Universe is out to exterminate us and YOU want to hire a vocal group." Boomer - Saga of a Starworld
CBSG4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2023, 11:09 AM   #2
Charybdis
Battlestar Callisto

Default Re: 45th Anniversary Tonight

Same here! Same story!! I put in my blu-ray disc (my how times have changed from 1978!) and watched the magic all over again.

One thing I noticed...the standalone movie which carries a 2:05 running time, has certain edits that make it a bit choppier. For example it leaves out Serina's reporting and the fight between Adama and Apollo, etc.

However, the pilot movie which comes as part of the overall series disc set runs at 2:19 and includes these scenes! So if you want to watch it complete, make sure you check the movie run time and make sure it is the longer 2:19 version...

http://bscallisto.proboards.com/index.cgi
Charybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2023, 03:44 AM   #3
JLHurley
Warrior

I've had the blu ray set for years and haven't watched it but finally sat myself down and watched the premiere Sunday night and had a great time. I'll be watching an episode every week through Hand of God. Good times ahead.
Old September 19th, 2023, 10:17 AM   #4
Charybdis
Battlestar Callisto

That's the way to do it! Every few years, we need to pull out those discs and watch it all over again. I am amazed that it still brings a smile and goose bumps to me after all these years!

Old September 19th, 2023, 12:59 PM   #5
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

I took part in a four hour video podcast hosted by IFB which does one every Thursday night. Eric Larson was the first guest and then other members of fandom checked in as well. IFB has produced its own fanfilm "The Stranded Warrior" which is a prequel to "The Lost Warrior" and they unveiled the trailer for it during the course of this. I wrote the trivia questions for a segment in the first hour and appeared in the final hour plugging my fanfic work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvYw4keyfBw
"They hate us with every fiber of their being. We love....freedom, independence, the right to question. To them it is an alien way of living."-The non-myopic wisdom of Commander Adama, "Saga Of A Star World"

"How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."-Ronald Reagan
Eric Paddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2023, 03:52 AM   #6
ernie90125
Also Present

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDOwner:
BattlestarFanFilms.com

I checked out the IFB broadcast to see the trailer for The Stranded Warrior. Thanks for the plug for Saga of a Fugitive Fleet. It all helps.

I too celebrated the anniversary but in a very different way. However, the decision is not to release it until after the SAG-AFTRA strike.

Something is afoot.
ernie90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2023, 06:37 PM   #7
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Oh my, 45 years later and I had a senior moment. Of course, I let EVERYONE know about it.

What was it, you say?

Well, it was this post --

The disc is in!!

Launching SAGA!!

Sunday, September 17, 2023

-- which I posted in the "Saga of a Fugitive Fleet" thread (the thread about the audio discs, ya know).

Well, reposting this, here, takes care of part of the correction. The rest of it can be found in the "Saga of a Fugitive Fleet" thread.

Oh, I thoroughly enjoyed watching Saga, 45 years later!
You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2023, 08:43 AM   #8
Charybdis
Battlestar Callisto

About all that is left now is the release of the entire series in 4k. They have released Saga of a Star World this summer, now they need to release the rest of the series!