Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

View Poll Results: How do I like Battlestar Galactica?
The original show was great, the new show is a ripoff 61 38.85%
I loved the old show, but am ambivalent about the new one 14 8.92%
Loved the old, new is enh, but would support both being made 14 8.92%
Liked the old show, and I like the new one too! Lets have both go into production in 2004! 36 22.93%
Old show okay and would support its revival but Love the NEW show! 22 14.01%
Don't care either way about the old show, Just give me more of the new one! 5 3.18%
The old show was flawed, just give me the new show! 5 3.18%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old April 18th, 2004, 05:09 PM   #211
Apollon

For me, the original Battlestar Galactica is and always will be the best. While I'd love to see Battlestar Galactica reborn with the original cast (or at least the original story), I did watch the SciFi Channel's version knowing that it is just a "re-imagined" Galactica. I simply look at it as a "what if" version or an alternate universe Galactica. That said, I will watch the series and see how their characters develop, but as a fan of the original it will probably be a hard pill to swallow.

Hey, my fourth post. I just lost my cherry!!

Old April 18th, 2004, 06:44 PM   #212
JustinB
Bad Email Address

Default My 2 cents worth

As far as I am concerned, the original Battlestar Galactica is and always will be the bestof the two. I'd would love to see Battlestar Galactica made along Richard Hatch's concept with the original cast.
Old April 20th, 2004, 10:09 AM   #213
LucianG
Warrior

Unfortunately, between work, issues at home, and a computer that cuts out so often that I could scream, I haven't had time to follow this thread recently. Wow! In the period of my inattention, we have a veritable host of new members! Welcome to all of you! Also, thanks to shiningstar and Thomas for your welcomes to me on my return after finding that CF was operational once more.

Great discussion in this thread. While the new series may grow and possibly even prosper to become a bigger financial success than the original (hey, I said "may" and "possibly"), TOS will be the one I always consider as Battlestar Galactica, cut down by the ABC execs and beancounters before it could reach the success that was possible. Hopefully, we'll have at least a continuation movie sometime in the near future that may give us a hint of the wonderful possibilities that may still come.

"Tilting at the SciFi windmill"
Old April 30th, 2004, 03:05 AM   #214
bsg1fan1975
Major

I still support the only BSG and that is the TOS

Cheese: [has tinfoil on his teeth] I have braces!
Mac: You found that on the ground, didn't you?
Cheese: Garbage can.
-episode "Mac Daddy"Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends"
Old April 30th, 2004, 10:44 AM   #215
oldwardaggit
You old war daggit!

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner/Webmaster
RadioGalactica

Me too.

OWD

OWD
Old April 30th, 2004, 11:04 AM   #216
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Hi OWD! Long time no see!

Old April 30th, 2004, 11:54 AM   #217
bsg1fan1975
Major

OWD!!!!!!!!!!!! My big brother, its been ages since we saw you last!

Old April 30th, 2004, 09:04 PM   #218
oldwardaggit
You old war daggit!

RadioGalactica

bsg1fan1975,Muffit , I miss you both and will be back soon.
The bad news is that there is a project I'm doing along with many others and it's taking me away from posting at many sites like this one. The good news is the project is an audio Galactica continuation and it's really close to being done. It will end up as an hour and a half cut up into 3 peices.

Thank you both for the kind words and here I thought I wasn't missed.
I am touched.
You made my day.
OWD

OWD
Old April 30th, 2004, 09:34 PM   #219
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldwardaggit
bsg1fan1975,Muffit , I miss you both and will be back soon.
The bad news is that there is a project I'm doing along with many others and it's taking me away from posting at many sites like this one. The good news is the project is an audio Galactica continuation and it's really close to being done. It will end up as an hour and a half cut up into 3 peices.

Thank you both for the kind words and here I thought I wasn't missed.
I am touched.
You made my day.
OWD
OWD, you are DEFINITELY missed!!!
Can't wait to hear your audio continuation! It will be a landmark work in BSG fandom!!!

Affectionately,
Muffit
Old May 1st, 2004, 11:20 AM   #220
bsg1fan1975
Major

hurry back big brother! You are always missed!

Old May 3rd, 2004, 09:15 PM   #221
oldwardaggit
You old war daggit!

RadioGalactica

bsg1fan1975, Thank you so much. I'm proud to be your big bro.

Muffit, I'm hoping that the fans like it, because it's for the fans, done by the fans.
It may be added on to in the future with Half an hour episodes. We will see but first I want to have this one in the bag with a 3 parter. An hour and a half.

I have all the scenes lined out with all the audio but I have about 6 left to piece together with Stu's great music from the original ,plus new and old sound effects.

I've been talking about this for so long, I will be more then happy to see it out on the net for download.

This time tomorrow night, I will be down to 4 scenes left to piece together.
There are around 12 scenes completely done and ready to go. Darrell (Warrior) and I are making some last minute changes on some of the scenes and that's what I have been doing for the last week or so but tomorrow two more scenes will be done.

(Hint)
Starbuck (the real Starbuck) is in them both.

OWD

OWD
Old June 5th, 2004, 09:21 AM   #222
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
bsg1fan1975, Thank you so much. I'm proud to be your big bro.

Muffit, I'm hoping that the fans like it, because it's for the fans, done by the fans.
It may be added on to in the future with Half an hour episodes. We will see but first I want to have this one in the bag with a 3 parter. An hour and a half.

I have all the scenes lined out with all the audio but I have about 6 left to piece together with Stu's great music from the original ,plus new and old sound effects.

I've been talking about this for so long, I will be more then happy to see it out on the net for download.

This time tomorrow night, I will be down to 4 scenes left to piece together.
There are around 12 scenes completely done and ready to go. Darrell (Warrior) and I are making some last minute changes on some of the scenes and that's what I have been doing for the last week or so but tomorrow two more scenes will be done.

(Hint)
Starbuck (the real Starbuck) is in them both.

OWD
THat's fantastic! I look forward to 'seeing' them
Old June 5th, 2004, 09:46 AM   #223
emerita
Bad Email Address

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

You'll get to hear me and Amberstar too.. we are in the last fight scene
Old June 5th, 2004, 09:57 AM   #224
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by emerita
You'll get to hear me and Amberstar too.. we are in the last fight scene
That is sooooooooooooooooooooo COOL
Old June 25th, 2004, 10:49 PM   #225
CaptainTux
Warrior

The original show always will be the only BSG I will ever recognize onscreen unless we get our heart's desire and see the old girl continued.

Tux
Old June 26th, 2004, 08:02 AM   #226
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Hi Capt. Tux!! Long time no see!!!!!!!!

Old June 26th, 2004, 08:11 AM   #227
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainTux
The original show always will be the only BSG I will ever recognize onscreen unless we get our heart's desire and see the old girl continued.
DITTO!!!
Old June 27th, 2004, 06:13 AM   #228
Tibbetts
Warrior

I like both meself.

Dragon Lord Tibbetts

Old July 7th, 2004, 07:41 AM   #229
repcisg
Bad Email Address

There realy is only one Battlestar, and we all know which one it is.
Old July 8th, 2004, 08:37 AM   #230
Tibbetts
Warrior

There is only one? hmmm.... I think not:

Battlestar Galactica(TOS)
Galactica:80
Battlestar Galactica(Remake)

So that's at least three(3) that I know of.

Dragon Lord Tibbetts
Old July 8th, 2004, 09:24 AM   #231
oldwardaggit
You old war daggit!

RadioGalactica

It's all in the mater of opinion. Mine is that the original was great, Galactica 80 was a cheap product of a studio wanting to cash in on the letter writting campaign that took place at the time to bring the original back and if memory serves me correctly, the first Galactica 80 3 part movie had huge rattings too but once all the fans clued into the fact that they were had, it was down hill from there.

My opinion of the new one is that they once again wanted to cash in on the name Battlestar Galactica after Richard Hatch got the fans all fired up for a continuation and Tom Desanto along with Brian singer , got the rest of the indistry and casual fans seriously looking at it.

The only thing is that Ronald D Moore who is a good writter but isn't a fan of the show enough to want to add to it , has approached this as someone who will creat a brand new show and use just enough of the original to justify using the name Battlestar Galactica.

I also think that they know that even though the sci fi channel got good ratings for the mini, they may realise that just as many people hated it as did like or loved it and that's another reason to bring Richard Hatch in for the first episode and it's working because there are original fans that say they are going to watch because of it.

Now that's not to say that the new show sucks because this world is full of different opinions and the trick in my book is to respect other opinions instead of shooting them down just because they differ. I respect those that love the mini and are excited about the new series because it's what they want. I honestly hope they enjoy it and I don't blame Richard for taking the part even though I still won't watch because I'm just not interested.

It's just not what I and many others want and that's why we are fighting for a continuation on the big screen.

So even though I respect the opinion that there are 3 versions of Battlestar Galactica, in My opinion, there is only one. The original and to add on to that while ignoring some of the boo boo's in the original, Would make an Awesome movie for the big screen.

OWD

OWD
Old July 9th, 2004, 09:40 AM   #232
Tibbetts
Warrior

Quote:
It's all in the mater of opinion. - OWD
OWD:

Someone here in this thread said that there was only one Galactica, which, in fact, there are three(3) on television.

The Original.

Galactica: 80

and, The Remake.

It's only a matter of opinion on the one you prefer to watch.

As for me, I like'em all. That's my opinion. I like some better than others, but, I still like to watch them when they are on. I'll also be watching the new series in January on Sci-Fi. I will be reserving my opinion on that until it begin's airing.

Sorry if it looks a bit condiscening or whatever, I just was trying to distinguish "fact" from "opinion".

Fact: The three Galactica's as listed above.

Opinion: I prefer watching TOS and not watch the others.

With Respect,

Dragon Lord Tibbetts

*steps behind the nearest Cylon for cover and awaits for folks to start throwin' stuff at him*

Old July 10th, 2004, 09:05 AM   #233
oldwardaggit
You old war daggit!

RadioGalactica

I agree Dragon Lord that there is 3 different versions of Battlestar Galactica and your right however even though I've known repcisg for about 4 years now and Know that he can speak for him self, I'm pretty sure that he didn't mean that there is literally just one show. I took it as an opinion right from the start instead of him stating an actual fact but I also understand that we all don't read these boards in the same way so if I came off harsh in my response, I apologias.

I'm all for anyone posting where ever and saying that the mini is the most awesome show they have ever seen if that's the way they feel and I totally respect that. I even respect those that say they really didn't like the original as long as no one takes it personal when I say that Ron Moore's version has very little to do with Battlestar Galactica .

I've been around these boards for quite a while now and I've seen how two different sides posting to each other ,can turn into a pretty hefty argument. In my opinion it's all in how a person conducts them selves when posting. Letting both sides have their opinion as long as it's conducted in a non harsh way. You conduct your self quite well and That is the reason why I like to post a reply to you. Others who call fans of the original, die hards that are close minded, won't get as much as a boo from me.

Later
OWD

OWD
Old July 10th, 2004, 08:35 PM   #234
Tibbetts
Warrior

Quote:
I agree Dragon Lord that there is 3 different versions of Battlestar Galactica and your right however even though I've known repcisg for about 4 years now and Know that he can speak for him self, I'm pretty sure that he didn't mean that there is literally just one show. I took it as an opinion right from the start instead of him stating an actual fact but I also understand that we all don't read these boards in the same way so if I came off harsh in my response, I apologias.
Sorry if I took what he said literally. Sometimes that happens. Sorry 'bout that.

Quote:
I'm all for anyone posting where ever and saying that the mini is the most awesome show they have ever seen if that's the way they feel and I totally respect that. I even respect those that say they really didn't like the original as long as no one takes it personal when I say that Ron Moore's version has very little to do with Battlestar Galactica.
I'm not gonna say that the new BG is "awesome", because, I rarely ever say that a show is awesome. But, for me atleast, it is entertaining(atleast the mini is, not sure about the tv series itself yet) enough for me to sit down and watch.

Same for TOS and G80, they aren't awesome, but, it's good enough for me to watch whenever it airs on Sci-Fi.

Quote:
I've been around these boards for quite a while now and I've seen how two different sides posting to each other ,can turn into a pretty hefty argument. In my opinion it's all in how a person conducts them selves when posting. Letting both sides have their opinion as long as it's conducted in a non harsh way. You conduct your self quite well and That is the reason why I like to post a reply to you. Others who call fans of the original, die hards that are close minded, won't get as much as a boo from me.

Later
OWD
Thanks! I know everyone has an opinion and folks many times don't agree with mine, but, I like going to boards where folks allow such diverse opinion.

Oh, yeah, I was wondering if you, or, anyone here,(besides me, that is) gonna watch the first few eps to see if they like the feel of the new show?

With Respect,

Dragon Lord Tibbetts

Old July 10th, 2004, 09:32 PM   #235
Dawg
Great Wise Guru

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDCo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

Hey, Tibbetts, can you guess my answer to that question?

:laugh:

I am
Dawg

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Old July 11th, 2004, 02:18 AM   #236
oldwardaggit
You old war daggit!

RadioGalactica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Lord
Sorry if I took what he said literally. Sometimes that happens. Sorry 'bout that.

No need to opologise my friend. Like I said, we all read these boards differently and I totally understand that.

I'm not gonna say that the new BG is "awesome", because, I rarely ever say that a show is awesome. But, for me atleast, it is entertaining(atleast the mini is, not sure about the tv series itself yet) enough for me to sit down and watch.

I hear ya. I rarely say that a show is awesome either.

Same for TOS and G80, they aren't awesome, but, it's good enough for me to watch whenever it airs on Sci-Fi.

I agree. Every thing means something different to each indavidual.

Thanks! I know everyone has an opinion and folks many times don't agree with mine, but, I like going to boards where folks allow such diverse opinion.

I guess we are in the same club because there are many that don't agree with me at times either but it's cool how you and I can express our opinions in a maner that doesn't come off as threatning to any one.

Oh, yeah, I was wondering if you, or, anyone here,(besides me, that is) gonna watch the first few eps to see if they like the feel of the new show?

With Respect,

Dragon Lord Tibbetts

To be honest, I'm not planning on watching. I have never seen the mini because all the things that made Galactica my favorite show in the first place, were changed and it just didn't interest me enough to watch, although I did promiss a friend on another board that I would eventually give it a look.

Law and order is a show that has many of fans and I hear all the time how great it is. I respect that but I have never seen an episode because it just doesn't interest me.

So even though I disagree with some of the things that Ron Moore has said towards the fans, For me it really comes down to just not being interested enough to watch it. It's nothing personal and I wish Ron all the best with it because he is a gifted writer.

Must be lots of spelling misstakes in my post because it's late and I'm typing with my eyes shut. lol

Talk to ya soon.
OWD

OWD
Old July 11th, 2004, 02:21 AM   #237
oldwardaggit
You old war daggit!

RadioGalactica

Half of my reply was withing the quote. Guess I still don't have the hang of this posting thing. LOL

OWD

OWD
Old July 11th, 2004, 06:54 PM   #238
Rowan
On Vacation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Lord

With Respect,

Dragon Lord Tibbetts

I will be watching the first few episodes to see what I think. I always watch anything Sci Fi to start then it either grows on me or it doesn't.
Old July 11th, 2004, 07:07 PM   #239
braxiss
Major

i have no plan or desire to watch the new series, although i resect the decision of others to do so
Old July 12th, 2004, 08:58 AM   #240
repcisg
Bad Email Address

Boy oh boy did I kick over an ant hill or what.

OWD has it right, I was speaking an opinion not fact. For me, I consider TOS and G80 as on in the same, G80 was a continuation of sorts for TOS. Original actors, original ships, original theme and original Universe.

The Moore version is to me a very pedestrian rewrite of TOS. A cheap knock off designed initially to rest control and ownership of the property away from Larson. Having failed, TOS elements were tossed in late in development to try and tone down the Fan anger. But in the end I see the new series as ABS “Armadillo on Bent Skis”.

From the Sunnybrook Sanitarium,
this is repcisg :laugh:

Closed Thread