Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old January 29th, 2004, 10:02 PM   #1
Patricia

Default N~still is right about DragonCon

It's *huge*! Back in its 1st or 2nd year, I was still showing paintings at the big conventions and decided to give it a try--even way back then it was tons of fun....Now, my idea of perfection would be to convince the organizers to invite at least 5 or 6 of the new Galactica stars, either for this year or, more reasonably, next year. The 'Chief' would have his own ColonialFleets cheering section!

Enough with the daydreams--I'm with Darkhunter01: off to bed to hope for good news tomorrow AM.

Pat, Who Lost Her 'Cherry' Today--No Wonder She's Tired
Old January 29th, 2004, 10:38 PM   #2
The Rain
Bad Email Address

Default Re: I'm staying up for a while, me thinks ;o)

Quote:
Originally posted by Patricia
While we're hanging around, killing time, there was a hilarious post made today on the SciFi BG board about Adama and the Prez ;o) This URL *may* work:

http://www.scifi.com/mbb/browse.php?aid=10488
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2004, 11:33 PM   #3
thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

I just had to give this post its own thread. That was too funny patricia!!!

And uhmm...sorry about the [img]images/cherry.gif[/img]

it happens to all of us.

"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2004, 10:22 AM   #4
Patricia

Default Yeah, Tom--but at MY AGE?!

Heck, I'm still trying to figure out what it was about the miniseries that got me so 'involved', too...I'm an old cynic when it comes to media SF. My husband liked it, but was completely unprepared for my degree of enthusiasm

So now I'm like, JUST what I needed--another *hobby*!

With this nice new thread to run amok in, I'm going to come back later when I have more time and post the details of a theory I woke up thinking about this AM. It occurs to me that with only 50,000 survivors and only a percentage of those of 'breeding age' some changes might be advisable in their society, directed toward mazimizing genetic diversity in their progeny. A problem that sounds like it's going to be right up the President's alley....

Is anyone out there knowledgeable about the Colonist's social institutions, re. Marriage?