Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old February 22nd, 2004, 06:55 AM   #1
AlphaNova
Shuttle Pilot

Default I'm going to make some predictions.

These are going to be more serious than my "SciFi Channel Predictions" on CA.

These concern the Ron Moore Galactica series on Sci-Fi, which I'm not going to watch. So those who are going to watch will have to tell me eventually if I was right or wrong. These predictions also are based on the possibility (however slight) that on SciFi the show will last a good deal of time/episodes.

(1) Eventually it will be discovered that the Cylons COPIED the appearances of real human beings. This gives Ron a backdoor to keep Boomer in the show. Also creates the guessing game, "is Boomer a Cylon or did the Cylons copy her form/appearance".

(2) It will be revealed that someone is pulling the strings of the Cylons. This allows the creation of some kind of an "Imperious Leader" Ron Moore style. This individual (or individuals) came into contact with the mechanical Cylons and gave them their advance in technology and also the ability to create human looking Cylons. In a way, this will de-Borg the Cylons.

(3) At least in one episode Adama and company will find out that there's at least a possibility that Earth really exists.

(4) The show will eventually start doing planet stories. We all know from "Mission Genesis" how boring it can be just set on a spaceship. Every show about traveling through space ends up doing planet stories. Sure, it saves money to have things set on the regular ship/fleet, but if the show lasts a while then watch then start visiting other planets. Plus, it's easy to come up with ideas for stories if they go to other planets.

(5) Baltar will be discovered to be a traitor. After probably months of him getting caught at talking to himself, someone will wonder why it was so easy for the Cylons to get through his security system. Also, they will wonder why Baltar understands the Cylons and their technology so well. I was amazed that for a group of people who blamed each other so much for their various problems and failings, no one blamed Baltar for his "foolproof" security system being so easy for a bunch of machines to crack.

(6) The fleet will find a real, live version of Number 6. Maybe this will be along the lines of the Cylons copying real human beings for their forms, or maybe it will just be an amazing coincidence that someone exists who looks like her. This will create a great deal of conflict for Baltar, especially when she dies at the end of the episode. Why will she die? Don't long lost loves always die in stories like this at the end of the show?

As I said, if the show lasts long enough someone let me know if I guessed right.
Old February 22nd, 2004, 07:10 AM   #2
Rowan
On Vacation...

hhhmmm copying humans I wondered about that Did anyone take a very close look at all the pictures in this miniseries. Boxie's picture is in the hands of his father in the opening scene where the armistice meeting takes place, and who do you think the EX O.'s wife's picture remind you of (its a very quick scene, he's burning a hole in it ) or for that matter what about Lee's mothers picture ( again a very quick scene just before the father son hug) who does she look like? both women look to me like a certain cylon we all love (sorta, kinda) what do you think? if your not sure have a look at this actresse portfolio on the Galactica web page and compare.
someone behind the cylons, yup sounds possible after all who exactly is God to them the cylon mentions she believes in God. veeerryyy intersting...
Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2004, 11:16 AM   #3
nccdee
Warrior

Your predictions are pretty much a given.

The radical change in the Cylon clear indicate an evolution in their thinking most likely due to outside influence (Count Ibilis factor).

Copies...Duh...I think we already assumed that the Cloning material come from an actual human from the Colonies or elsewhere.

I expect Baltar to be found out. With #6 help, he will escape but be captured by the Cylons. (I predict this will be the season finale). (for the second season, as a prisoner, Baltar, meets the real Boomer)

Planet stories. I hope so, I never understood how the TOS could expect to survive too long without getting new resources (BTW, the TOS had an agro ship, the new series do not). We are also talking about Ron Moore, who is the planet exploring, alien encountering expert, so this is a given.

Earth exist...another given. Its based on their religion belief. Folklore have a tendency to be base on some kind of fact. For Adama it will be a revelation knowing he is not on a lose cause.

Let me make a few of my own prediction.

1. Galatica will encounter the Pegagus.
2. Apollo will forgive his father for his brother's death.
3. Starbuck will kick some Cylon butt.
4. When they go onto some planet, they will find some humans.
5. When they go onto some planet, they will find some Aliens.
6. There's going to be rebellion within the ragtag fleet.
7. And the biggest prediction of all, some people are going to die.

I will watch and see if I am right.

nccdee
nccdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2004, 11:30 AM   #4
Westy
Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaelen
who do you think the EX O.'s wife's picture remind you of (its a very quick scene, he's burning a hole in it ) or for that matter what about Lee's mothers picture ( again a very quick scene just before the father son hug) who does she look like? both women look to me like a certain cylon we all love (sorta, kinda) what do you think? if
I was wondering if someone else noticed this. She was obviously a very busy Cylady.
Westy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2004, 01:51 PM   #5
repcisg
Bad Email Address

A prediction.

It will be a two parter, Pegasus will be found part one, Pegasus will be destroyed at the end of part two.

SciFi writers, like Moore, always destroy the extra ships because they follow the golden rule of SciFi - there can be only one!
repcisg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2004, 02:40 PM   #6
Tibbetts
Warrior

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaNova

These concern the Ron Moore Galactica series on Sci-Fi, which I'm not going to watch. So those who are going to watch will have to tell me eventually if I was right or wrong. These predictions also are based on the possibility (however slight) that on SciFi the show will last a good deal of time/episodes.

(1) Eventually it will be discovered that the Cylons COPIED the appearances of real human beings. This gives Ron a backdoor to keep Boomer in the show. Also creates the guessing game, "is Boomer a Cylon or did the Cylons copy her form/appearance".

(2) It will be revealed that someone is pulling the strings of the Cylons. This allows the creation of some kind of an "Imperious Leader" Ron Moore style. This individual (or individuals) came into contact with the mechanical Cylons and gave them their advance in technology and also the ability to create human looking Cylons. In a way, this will de-Borg the Cylons.

(3) At least in one episode Adama and company will find out that there's at least a possibility that Earth really exists.

(4) The show will eventually start doing planet stories. We all know from "Mission Genesis" how boring it can be just set on a spaceship. Every show about traveling through space ends up doing planet stories. Sure, it saves money to have things set on the regular ship/fleet, but if the show lasts a while then watch then start visiting other planets. Plus, it's easy to come up with ideas for stories if they go to other planets.

(5) Baltar will be discovered to be a traitor. After probably months of him getting caught at talking to himself, someone will wonder why it was so easy for the Cylons to get through his security system. Also, they will wonder why Baltar understands the Cylons and their technology so well. I was amazed that for a group of people who blamed each other so much for their various problems and failings, no one blamed Baltar for his "foolproof" security system being so easy for a bunch of machines to crack.

(6) The fleet will find a real, live version of Number 6. Maybe this will be along the lines of the Cylons copying real human beings for their forms, or maybe it will just be an amazing coincidence that someone exists who looks like her. This will create a great deal of conflict for Baltar, especially when she dies at the end of the episode. Why will she die? Don't long lost loves always die in stories like this at the end of the show?

As I said, if the show lasts long enough someone let me know if I guessed right.
I intend to watch, so I'll let ya know if that happens. Least I can do.

Respectfully,

Dragon Lord Tibbetts
Old February 22nd, 2004, 04:03 PM   #7
nccdee
Warrior

repcisg said " there can be only one!" WHAT???!!! Highlander joining the cast??? Just kidding :laugh:
nccdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2004, 09:29 AM   #8
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by nccdee
repcisg said " there can be only one!" WHAT???!!! Highlander joining the cast??? Just kidding :laugh:
Heehee! that WOULD make it a lot more interesting! Hey Ron, I think Adrian Paul might be available. :laugh: (he must keep the long hair in the ponytail. )

ahem, back to whatever the actual topic was..... (sorry for the divergence!)

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2004, 09:55 AM   #9
repcisg
Bad Email Address

Oh I can see it now, Adian Paul as Cain! Thats Cain, the laidies man. More interested in scoring with the laidies than Cylons!

Bad, rep, realy bad this time!
Old February 23rd, 2004, 10:14 AM   #10
Rowan
On Vacation...

Oh you had to go and mention Adrian Paul
ok I'm a go
Old February 23rd, 2004, 10:45 AM   #11
jewels

Colonial Fleets

What can I say, weakness for long-haired pony-tailed men that are good with swords.

Oh, Ron, while you're at it reimage the swagger stick into a Katana (did I spell that right--Japanese sword?) Then Cain could call out "Husker" so that indeed there would be "ONLY ONE"

bwahahahahaha. Gee, I think I've made enough trouble for one day.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

Old February 23rd, 2004, 11:09 AM   #12
repcisg
Bad Email Address

You know while I said there can be only one I was thinking of the SciFi writers credo, youu must have only ship left at the end of the story. This has been the standard now since the begining of Science Fiction, at least on the big screen and TV.

Battlestar Galactica had only the Galactica, even Star Trek most of the time centered around only one ship. B5 and DS9 one space station.

So if RDM holds true to the SciFi writers directive, if Pegasus is found, it must be destroyed in the end.

Although seeing Adrian Paul chasing Starbuck could be fun!
Old February 23rd, 2004, 12:16 PM   #13
jewels

Colonial Fleets

Adrian Paul would whip Katee Sackhoff's butt. Nah, He'd go for Grace Park (sorry Aaron, but when you get the cutest babe on the ship, you will have competition!

Old February 23rd, 2004, 01:14 PM   #14
repcisg
Bad Email Address

Well if Boomer is out on patrol, and Starbuck's available. . . .

What does one do when drifting between the stars?
Old February 23rd, 2004, 01:16 PM   #15
repcisg
Bad Email Address

Somebody slap me please, i've Starbuck on the brain. Sheese!!
Old February 23rd, 2004, 05:01 PM   #16
Antelope

My predictions:

1. The season ends with a two part remake of Living Legend (Pegasus story).
2. Boxey is a human-cylon.
3. Callie kills Boomer late in the season.
4. Boomer knew she was a cylon all along.
5. Tyrol and Callie become an item.
6. Boomer and/or Boxey kills Duella and Roslin's Secretary at some point in the season.
7. Lee Adama marries Kara Thrace at the end of Season 2.
8. The Galactica finds Earth on the final episode of Season 2.
9. Commander Adama does know where Earth is but trust the coordinates to no one.
10. Baltar is insane.
11. The cylons (or some part of the cylons) allowed the Galactica to escape.
12. Commander Adama and President Roslin get marooned in an episode and start a clandestine affair.
13. The human cylons are 100% human (but don't know it).
14. Satan has taken control of the cylon empire.
Old February 23rd, 2004, 05:09 PM   #17
Rowan
On Vacation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by repcisg
Somebody slap me please, i've Starbuck on the brain. Sheese!!
repcisg, which one? TOS or the Mini?
Old February 23rd, 2004, 06:10 PM   #18
repcisg
Bad Email Address

I'm not that way (least I don't think I am), the MINI of course!
Old February 24th, 2004, 03:14 AM   #19
Airwolf

Human cylons 100% human??? With glowing spines....What a neat trick.

I think Adama knows where earth is as well, but i would trust that sappy president with my life, she is too weak and you gotta hold ya cards to your chest!

I think Boomer has to be a real human or i might just go and beat the hell out of RDM for making a stupid plot.
Old February 24th, 2004, 04:36 AM   #20
Fedaykin

In the second mini episode it was stated that they think that Earth is an off shoot colony of the 12 colonies. I wouldn't be surprised if later on they find out that they have got this wrong and they are actually an offshoot from Earth - it would explain why they read write and speak in English.

If there are later series (probably during a series finale) they could also start bumping into deepspace Earth colonies and even millitary vessels. Of course it's difficult to second guess the direction of a series so it will be fun finding out.

I wouldn't be surprised if Battlestar pegasus pops up at sometime and then promptly blows in some act of sacrifice with the Galactica taking on her crew.

On another note the human Cylon story is going to be interesting in the respect that I got the hint from the mini that the Cylons could be having problem's controling them - No6 was surprisingly helpful for something that wants to hunt down and exterminate all humanity.
Old February 24th, 2004, 05:34 AM   #21
Titon
Retired or am I?

Special Effects Artist
Battlestar Galactica 2003
COMMAND INSIGNIACoFounder
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
What can I say, weakness for long-haired pony-tailed men that are good with swords.
Well that definatly knocks me out of the running.

Old February 24th, 2004, 05:47 AM   #22
Rowan
On Vacation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titon
Well that definatly knocks me out of the running.

I thought all guys had "swords" and you can always get a wig, so...
Old February 24th, 2004, 07:38 AM   #23
"T"
Shuttle Pilot

"These are going to be more serious than my "SciFi Channel Predictions" on CA.
These concern the Ron Moore Galactica series on Sci-Fi, which I'm not going to watch."

Why cant you watch it?

Just detach it from TOS, and look at it like a new program the worst thing that can happen is 1 hour of your life will be a bit BLAG but simply watching the 1st episode of the series cant be that bad, Just remember if this one Bombs then BSG will need a miracle to get anything else commisioned by ANYONE.

I dont see Studios queing (SP) to make new Sci-Fi stuff Firefly's gone out the window Star Treks on Intensive care.

Just give the series the same fair chance you gave the Pilot.

Remember RM may have actually listened to the uproar the Series may be better than the Pilot (although I enjoyed it!) Please dont Rubbish something thats not even been filmed yet.

-"T"-
Old February 24th, 2004, 10:47 AM   #24
Antelope

The quote about speaking, reading, and writing English is interesting. I also wondered whether the use of English is just an issue you ignore like in the majority of SCIFI shows or if there is real meaning to it. Maybe the colonials are speaking an entirely different language and we assume it's English because that is the medium of speech we hear. In the mini I saw no sign or evidence that anyone spoke any language other than English. In TOS reference is made that other colonies spoke other languages. I found it interesting however that the only time another language was actually used or referenced verbally it was Geminese, and the words referenced were Latin in origin (like terra).

People questioned about the potential of a show where Kobol and Earth are one in the same place in other threads. Even in TOS Kobol was no longer known as a location until the Galactica stumbled on to it.

I think it would be interesting if Kobol was the name of an old Earth corporation or ship that went on a deep space mining or colonization mission and became lost or disabled. Over time the story grew and became a legend. Kobal may be the long lost nasdaq symbol of Koenig Building and Leasing - a pioneering developer of early Earth space colonies!
Old February 24th, 2004, 10:56 AM   #25
Antelope

I think the glowing red spine was a poor effect to alert the audience that 6 was a cylon. I think it will be explained (if it ever is) as from an external light source reflecting off her back as she moved. I don't think we will see another glowing spine in the series. If it was a mechanical item in 6 I think it was implanted. I still think the cylons are humans. The cylon at Ragnar was meant to be there to give the humans the illusion the cylons could be told apart. I think to some extent this feeds the humans are being "herded" or "saved" by some or all of the cylons scenario. We will see. The fact that the Moore vewrsion lends itself to such speculation is a good thing for the series. The "who and why" should help the ratings.
Old February 24th, 2004, 11:14 AM   #26
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaNova

I believe you just might be right Alpha Nova ..........and NO I won't be watching.
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2004, 11:51 AM   #27
Antelope

I wish the regulars like shiningstar watch the series even if you they don't like it. I enjoy your comments and comparisons. Sometimes we can gain an insight into something reference to TOS. If Moore draws from TOS as he says he will, the comments of shiningstar, dawg, and the rest of the anti-mini regulars will be invaluable. If you don't watch however it will be a waste of our time to read anything you post on the subject. If you didn't watch the mini you wouldn't be in so many discussions now. Unfortunately (or fortunately) the mini and Moore starts or drives the majority of current conversations on the various Galactica boards and will until it runs its course or another version comes out.
Old February 24th, 2004, 12:24 PM   #28
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by antelope526
I wish the regulars like shiningstar watch the series even if you they don't like it. I enjoy your comments and comparisons. Sometimes we can gain an insight into something reference to TOS. If Moore draws from TOS as he says he will, the comments of shiningstar, dawg, and the rest of the anti-mini regulars will be invaluable. If you don't watch however it will be a waste of our time to read anything you post on the subject. If you didn't watch the mini you wouldn't be in so many discussions now. Unfortunately (or fortunately) the mini and Moore starts or drives the majority of current conversations on the various Galactica boards and will until it runs its course or another version comes out.
Sorry Antelope but with the TV14 rating ...............and with a 6 & 8 year old
at home ............I can't watch anything geared for a OLDER audience.........

My kids need to see that some things CAN still be left to the IMAGINATION

I just don't see that happening with this series .........................................

What RDM and so many TV execs no longer see is that you don't have
to have your clothes OFF in order to have mystery, suspsense,
desire and romance. Instead they're only going with what sells ..........

only they haven't SOLD me ...........
Old February 24th, 2004, 01:36 PM   #29
Antelope

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiningstar
Sorry Antelope but with the TV14 rating ...............and with a 6 & 8 year old
at home ............I can't watch anything geared for a OLDER audience.........
Put those little kids to bed, Mom! I think the mini started at 9 PM out here and was repeated at 11 PM. When the show goes to series I bet a 9 PM showing would work just fine. My 7 year old daughter is fast asleep by the time Battlestar starts. Those little kids need their rest and we need our Battlestar.
Old February 24th, 2004, 01:50 PM   #30
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by antelope526
Put those little kids to bed, Mom! I think the mini started at 9 PM out here and was repeated at 11 PM. When the show goes to series I bet a 9 PM showing would work just fine. My 7 year old daughter is fast asleep by the time Battlestar starts. Those little kids need their rest and we need our Battlestar.

Nice try it started at 7:00 here and did repeat ................
even so with the way the script WAS ........I still wouldn't watch it.............