Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old May 19th, 2003, 12:30 PM   #1
Apothis
On Vacation...

Default Continuation gets a win

Well, the video game publisher Vivendi-Universal has changed the story back from being a prequel to the mini series to a prequel of the original series. The biggest reason for the change is because of the multitude of design changes in the new series. The evolution of the Cylon technology was not plausible. When the game was originally in the design phases, the preproduction of the mini left the Galactica literally unchanged. However when the production decided to go a different route, the in regards to designs the need to go back to the original series as a prequel became the only choice. When the designs of the Cylon Raiders and Basestars come out for the mini, it will be easily seen that designs share no resemblance to the video game. Also the Galactica has gone through changes from the video game. So if you want a prequel to the original, buy the video game.
Apothis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2003, 12:34 PM   #2
David Kerin
Warrior Ace

Colonial Fan ForceArtist
Colonial Fan Force
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDBattlestar Galactica
Revivalist

Default Great...

Just when I think I'll be saving $250.00 this happens!

If true, and remains true, then I'll happily spend the money on a PS2 and game. (I would not for a remake version)

It would be nice for something to come out on the 25th anniversary that actually does honor the original and it's fans.

Thanks for the news.

Dave
David Kerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2003, 12:36 PM   #3
Scooter2000
COMPLETELY BANNED

Thanks Milton!

-Ronald D. Moore-
Scooter2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2003, 12:49 PM   #4
Dawg
Great Wise Guru

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDCo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

This information is from Apothis?

I'll believe it when I read it elsewhere.

I am
Dawg

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2003, 01:02 PM   #5
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

No PC Version. Damn if I am going to spend $200.00 for Playstation 2
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2003, 01:06 PM   #6
GalacticanCajun
Warrior

I want a PC Version!!!!
Old May 19th, 2003, 01:11 PM   #7
LordStarFyre
Warrior

Default AMEN Dawg

Milton (aka Ted or Apothis) is not exactly the harbinger of Credibility...

Now, if Universal will wise up, step in, and force the Abomination to go to a Flight from Kobol Prequel, all will be good.
LordStarFyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2003, 01:13 PM   #8
Micheleh
Watashiwa Shin no Noir

Veteran
Fleets Warrior
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFormer Assistant
Richard Hatch

Thank you for the information. Do recall, however, that what I said earlier still remains in force- until the perpetrators of the multiple identity deception step forward and truly identify themselves, any information from them or any associates- including yourself- will be considered implausible and deceptive.
Micheleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2003, 01:14 PM   #9
Apothis
On Vacation...

I have not reported any false production news unlike some who cling to the bridge of the BSG looks like a sub and that the BSG looks like a big sub. I have only reported things 100% accurate. The game is a prequel to the original series and you will be seeing press clippings to confirm that.

BTW, I was right about the bridge of the Galactica unlike the reports from some here.
Apothis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2003, 01:16 PM   #10
LordStarFyre
Warrior

Default Right Milton

You've only been 100% accurate, except of course, how many bogus handles did you need to use to present your scoops?
Old May 19th, 2003, 01:18 PM   #11
Dawg
Great Wise Guru

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan Force

Even if the money is going to support the remake, Cajun?

I trust nothing out of the Milton Collective, and Apothis ranks high in that slimepit; I'll call it a scam designed to just push our buttons, until I see otherwise.

If the game turns out to be TOS, fine - I might even go buy it (PC version, or X-box for my son-in-law). But if it's tied to the remake I'm not touching it, and neither should you. You might catch something.

I am
Dawg

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Old May 19th, 2003, 01:27 PM   #12
Micheleh
Watashiwa Shin no Noir

Veteran
Fleets Warrior
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFormer Assistant
Richard Hatch

Okay, all- I never said Apothis is Milton. I just believe he is capable of helping decipher that mess, and want him to do so. However, let him reply, and please hold off on the attacks and accusations. We're better than that.

As far as the game, I think it would be wisest undet the circumstances to reserve judgement until there are actual promotional materials or official news.

Apothis- could you provide us with a link to this revised announcement, please?
Micheleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2003, 01:32 PM   #13
AlternityOrange
Warrior

COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

Jeez, you know literally thousands of words have been written in the past couple of weeks about whether this game is a prequel to the real Galactica or Bonniestar Mooronica. No one seems to be able to come to a definitive conclusion but it seems pretty obvious to me. It's both, and neither.

The game began development long before Moore woke up one night from a wet dream about androids and handjobs so therefore it was related to the original series' continuity. After the series was hijacked, some tweaks were made to the game here and there so that it would conform to the new crappy production. Then, as Milton says above, with the ship designs of Bonniestar changed the game was left in a sort of limbo. It will look like the original series but there will still be reference to the Cylons being created by man, Huskers, and the like. The article at Sci-Fi Wire todays clearly obfuscates the point further. It talks about gamers being able to unlock codes after viewing the mini. Maybe there will be a secret cheat that enables the player to perform handjobs on NPCs.

At anyrate, I still intend on avoiding the game unless they just make up their mind and remove all references to Bonniestar.

-Edward James Olmos
AlternityOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2003, 01:34 PM   #14
LordStarFyre
Warrior

Default Dawg That was my suspision too.

Ted has not shown himself to be beyond outright lying to "Win at any cost" (a term he used when he was pretending to be Milton)

This could VERY EASILY be another one of those Milton games to get people to pre-order the game, only to find out when it ships that they were sold a Moore based POS game.

Ted is a Proven Liar, and quite frankly until I hear it directly from Universal, I'm taking anything from Milton/Ted as utter BS..

The only evidence in Milton/Ted's Favor (on this "scoop" at any rate) is that Richard and Dirk, about 2-3 weeks ago, shot a bunch of material, as Starbuck and Apollo, for the game. This I have verified, even though Teddy the Liar tried to deny this as early as last week.

Also, what he also failed to mention, and even tried to spin in an opposite direction IS THE *FACT* That Execs at Universal think what they've seen so far from the Moore Abomination is utter Crap, and they didn't want the game attached to it.

Enough so, I have heard rumblings about a certain plug being pulled...
Old May 19th, 2003, 01:43 PM   #15
Dawg
Great Wise Guru

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan Force

Lightbulb Don't tease us, LSF....

Made my little heart go pitty-pat. Could get a heart attack at this age, my boy, be careful.

:laugh:

Anyway, Micheleh, you restated my point, and I was being less than diplomatic when I tried to make it.

:bash: Sorry.

I'm sure, myself, he can shed a great deal of light on that subject, but I'm also sure he doesn't want to - I expect something along the lines of a 5th Amendment claim, probably.

But, if he wants to come clean, I would personally take it as a big step, something a real man would do; take his lumps and his level of respectibility might rise.

I'd truly like to see it.

I am
Dawg

My Places:

Tombs of Kobol
Old May 19th, 2003, 02:00 PM   #16
Shatter
Bad Email Address

I dropped by the Vivendi Universal web site and checked out the pages they have devoted to the Battlestar Galactica game. The write up there sure makes it sound like the game is tied to the continuity of the remake.

Quote:
The mechanical Cylons, who were once created as android slaves, revolted against the Humans and were exiled into the stars.
Who knows, maybe the storyline will change. But if this thing is tied to the remake, I don't want any part of it.

Last edited by Shatter; May 19th, 2003 at 02:12 PM..
Shatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2003, 06:12 PM   #17
David Kerin
Warrior Ace

Colonial Fan ForceArtist
Colonial Fan Force
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDBattlestar Galactica
Revivalist

Default game...

If it's true to the original I will buy it.

If I read a "William Husker Adama" anywhere in the game they have lost my money.

As some have said though, it seems like you do have to wait to see what will ACTUALLY come about. If there is a shift to the original I would not be surprised if Ronnie, Bonnie and Eick throw some kind of tantrum because something is reflecting the original Galactica and not their version.

Time will tell all.
David Kerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2003, 06:25 PM   #18
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Hey folks,

This was posted on the Sci-Fi website, about the game:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-m...19/11.30.games

I'm not quite sure how to interpret the meaning of "unlockables".
Seems like a little of both Original and (uh) reimagined. (Good Lord, how I hate that word!)

BST
BST is offline   Reply With Quote