Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old August 27th, 2004, 04:58 AM   #1
zeeforel

Angry Warning: BG DVD-set without extra's!!

Hi there to you all,

This is a warning to BG fans in the Netherlands who intent to buy the dutch release of the BG DVD-set "Complete series". This release (nr: 8210881; 6 disk; normal packaging) carries - no - extras, only the episodes!!! With extra's I mean the deleted scenes and background stuff.

Based on what I read on the extra's contained in the releases in the US and Australia, I fully assumed they would also be on Dutch / benelux version. However to my great dissapointment they are not. Person at Universal Pictures here in A'dam told me it is all decided at UP headquarter what is and what is not on the disks...and cannot do anything about it.

Yes, I know. I should have gone for the US version, but I did not.

Hope this helps other potential buyers!!

Best regards,
Marcel

P.S. Anyone in for copying the extra stuff and sharing it with me (will pay)?
zeeforel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2004, 06:26 AM   #2
ernie90125
Also Present

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDOwner:
BattlestarFanFilms.com

I was very surprised that you go no extras. Here in the UK, we got less extras that the US version....
ernie90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2004, 09:56 PM   #3
Ethan
Bad Email Address

Default DVDs

Yesterday I bought a used copy of the DVD set as a back up to the new one that I paid full price for.

I feel really sorry for your not getting all the extras.

It may be possible for you to find a used copy somewhere. I have seen them floating around every once in a while.

Good luck!

Ethan
Ethan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2004, 10:18 PM   #4
thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

Oh that really bites!!!!!

"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2004, 05:19 AM   #5
KJ
Strike Leader

That sucks.....flat out sucks.

Some bonehead really messedup now. R2 applies to Holland, how come they didn't at least get the R2 the U.K. got. But in Dutch none the less.

Quote:
I was very surprised that you go no extras. Here in the UK, we got less extras that the US version....
Truth be told, those that have multi-region DVD and DVDROM's, regardless where they live would have sought out the R1 versions and brought them. i'm real sorry our neigbours in Holland got the 'shaft'. I mean, what lazy ass in UP headquarters doesn't want cash to flow in with sales of the DVD's in Holland. Any jabroni can burn episodes to DVD with a 'still' image for the menu screens*(See Region 2*).

I personally believe, there is no excuse for that kind of action. And i've never like the way people would ever defend businesses which make stupid decisions and back'em with lame excuses like; It happens, and thats life, they have to cut down on costs etc. To make serious money, you need to spend money. And if i were to hear, somebody defend something as weak as those excuses, then they don't even know what they are talking about period.

DVD's are booming because the format of a Digital Versile Disc* (DVD) can support so much extra material literitary. All our Dutch companions have is just the episodes, nothing else.

Like i said it sucks to get screwed over in life.

If anything Marcel, tell your Galactica fans over there, to go to play.com or Amazon.com and order the R1 American or Canadian DVD boxsets. Which is even more than the U.K. release version. the hold shebang.

Settle for nothing less. As i've been to Holland, i know many of the people of the Netherlands are fluent in English and their native Dutch.

Hope you get to see the REAL DVD's of Battlestar Galactica soon.

KJ

KJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2004, 11:13 AM   #6
Ian_W359
Warrior

Heart

The saga continues....

Can it get any worse for this box set? I mean, to have no extras at all?? That is very bad indeed....

You may have read my post earlier about the region 2 boxset - http://colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6432 - despite the fact that the UK/Euro/Australian versions of BsG would take up more space on the discs - Universal should have been more imaginative in packaging the series - Does Paramount ever have this difficulty with Star Trek?

All the best
Ian W359
Ian_W359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2004, 08:58 PM   #7
Bijou88

This sort of thing happens a lot. Usually however, it is region 1 that gets shafted. For example, I understand the the U.K. and Japanese release of Space: 1999 was loaded with bonus features. The U.S release was pretty bare bones. I wish there would be one authoritative release for our favorite shows that would be distributed to fans across the globe.