Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old January 14th, 2004, 05:34 PM   #1
NeilGartner

Default Canadian TV Guide Article on the BSG mini

'What’s On'

By Stephanie Earp

Saturday

Battlestar Galactica SPACE

For many, the original series Battlestar Galactica is a sacred part of their childhood. I missed the series by a few years, but talk around the office confirmed my suspicions that when it comes to this space adventure, people are fiercely loyal, despite the fact only a handful of episodes made it to air.

As result, the buzz around the new mini-series has been accumulating for months. In the U.S., it was the third-highest rated show on the Sci-Fi channel – ever. But fans of the original vowed to boycott the make-over, which altered the story and even the gender of key cast members. Now the two-parter airs in Canada and fans can decide for themselves if stars Edward James Olmos (Blade Runner), Mary McDonnell (Dances with Wolves) and James Callis (Helen of Troy) have rewritten history or destroyed it.

As for me, ignorant of the charm of the original, I was less than impressed. The creeping pace had me rooting for the robotic Cylon enemies, who at least didn’t waste my time with spurious dialogue. But it was enlightening to find out where The Matrix, Armageddon and Independence Day cribbed their plots from. Maybe the video game is better (see next week’s Games column for our review). Continues tomorrow.
Old January 14th, 2004, 06:23 PM   #2
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Thanks for posting Neilgartner and welcome to the club
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2004, 08:59 AM   #3
repcisg
Bad Email Address

Anyone know Boomer's number? Is it 7 or 8 or pehaps 12?
repcisg is offline   Reply With Quote