Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old July 18th, 2003, 06:11 PM   #1
Charybdis
Battlestar Callisto

Default San Diego comic con??

Please post any news from the San Diego Comic con here!!! I'm dying to find out how the new BSG panel with MooreRon went!!!!

http://bscallisto.proboards.com/index.cgi
Charybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2003, 07:13 PM   #2
Charybdis
Battlestar Callisto

Default First report...

After some digging, I was able to find this short report as to what happened during the BSG panel at ComicCon in San Diego this past Friday.

apparently, there were no fireworks. Keep in mind that this report was given by a PRO-BSG reimagining person:

"Overall, I'd say the response was a respectfully curious wait-and-see response. Some people were shocked by details, especially regarding the changes to Starbuck and the Cylons, but there was no whining, complaining, or yelling at all. As a matter of fact, one man stood up and said at first he wasn't going to watch the miniseries at all, but now that he'd seen the presentation, he was planning on watching it and looking forward to seeing what they'd done with the storyline. Of course, one bozo behind us whispered, "He was paid to say that," but that was the only real negative comment I heard from the audience, and it was only audible in our immediate area.

No sketches of the battlestar or the baseships."

http://bscallisto.proboards.com/index.cgi
Charybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2003, 10:36 PM   #3
radama
Shuttle Pilot

OK I was at Comic-Con,but like I said I wasn't going to the panel.However I did look in,and the most interesting comments that should be written are,Where was Edward James Olmos?How would the panel have been different if he was there?Otherwise this was a very quiet and non controversial panel.I also missed Richard Hatch's showing of the trailer Damn! but I've seen it before,so I know how good that is.The only other thing I can say about this con is that the only time I saw a crowd around the Sci-Fi Channel booth was when there was a autograph session with the new stars of the "Galactica" remake.Don't know what else to tell you, but no fireworks,and probably because EJO wasn't there.
radama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2003, 12:20 AM   #4
dru
Shuttle Pilot

Default Richard on Sunday

Saw Richard's presentation on Sunday. Got there just in time. It was great and unexpect since I didn't even know of his appearance!

This was my very first exposure to the Second Coming trailer. It was great! The computer effects show their age and limits in a few areas but the tone is just great. The story makes good sense. Pity this isn't what we're getting! I can well understand the excitement this trailer has generated on this board and with other's who have seen it in the past.

It was such a crowd pleaser that it was played a second time by request (instead of the Magellen clip Richard had with him).

He came across as a fairly genuine person and while open to the remake on one level was clearly passionate about Galactica retaining things that *made it* Galactica and only expanding upon them. I was glad to see the game is a pre-quel. It was also surprising to see Noah Hathaway after so long. The red jacket from the trailer looked quite good. It was there along with the designer(s).

The Con also had a few BSG props (Adama & Starbuck costumes) in the exhibit hall as a teaser for what is sure to be one of the most complete auctions of BSG stuff possible! I was amazed at the shape of the uniforms after all these yahren.

I was surprised to see there are no real hems on the pants and there's a slit and ties which seem to go with the boot wearing. Unfortunately there were no boots in the display. I was contented to see a motorcycle helmet (7 1/2? size) from BSG80. They really did great costuming work on that show.
dru is offline   Reply With Quote