Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Other Science Fiction Shows
Notices
Other Science Fiction Shows A place to discuss all of the other Sci-Fi shows
which may tickle your fancy!

Old January 31st, 2004, 08:41 AM   #1
agent404

Default Romance might kill the show

Last night's episode of SG1 had Sam going out with a civilian. I don't know about you but that doesn't sound like it fits the show well. If she has to romance anyone she should do it with Jack at least they've been together for a while.
Actually I don't like the romance idea altogether. I'm not saying the characters can't have personal relationships I'm just saying not to revolve the whole show around it like star trek does or else the show gets really boring.
Old January 31st, 2004, 09:44 AM   #2
Sci-Fi
Bad Email Address

I found it odd that she had permission to discuss the SGC with any outsiders and that they took him to SGC instead of a local emergency room. I'm assuming they remove the Goa'uld from Sarah/Osiris. Anyways, Robert Cooper wanted to do a Sam (with Pete) and Daniel (with Sarah/Osiris) romantic stories at the same time in this episode.

Personally, I would have preferred Sam keeping her "Black Widow" tag, at least until next (the last) season. Too many interesting episodes coming up without having relationships unnecessarily mucking up the story lines. Having Sarah around fits into the SGC universe. She could at least supply some valuable information.
Sci-Fi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2004, 11:12 AM   #3
callsignfalcon
Warrior

Personally, I thought it should have been either 2 different eps, or the osirus plot should have been the entire ep.... it was one of the worst eps I've seen for a while.... if they were going to do an ep with sam and that guy, they should have delved more into the FBI thing, mand ade him searching to find out about her secrets a bigger part rather than the romance.
callsignfalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2004, 05:59 PM   #4
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent404
Last night's episode of SG1 had Sam going out with a civilian. I don't know about you but that doesn't sound like it fits the show well. If she has to romance anyone she should do it with Jack at least they've been together for a while.
Actually I don't like the romance idea altogether. I'm not saying the characters can't have personal relationships I'm just saying not to revolve the whole show around it like star trek does or else the show gets really boring.
I'm with YOU on this one .............civi NO .........jackson ............not likely ..........
Oniell ...........................most likely
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2004, 07:23 PM   #5
thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

She can't date jack!

Everyone she dates DIES!!!!!!!!

She's the KISS OF DEATH!

"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2004, 08:07 AM   #6
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas7g
She can't date jack!

Everyone she dates DIES!!!!!!!!

She's the KISS OF DEATH!

Then Thomas .......... IN THAT CASE
Let's HOOK her up with SENATOR KINSLEY
Old February 24th, 2004, 05:21 PM   #7
Antelope

She is meant to be with COL O'Neille IMHO. They were husband and wife in the alternate timeline episode and obviously had a deep love. They can't do anything with it now but once they make the decision to end the series their love and marriage needs to be in one of the final episodes.

If Daniel Jackson is to have a relationship with anyone in the SGC it should be that pretty doctor. I always thought her secondary purpose was to replace Sam if she ever wanted out of the show or wanted too much money. That doctor is still a beauty even in military uniform. Sam is starting to become a little hard on the eye in close ups without make up. They need to let her grow her hair out. A little less warrior and a little more woman would be nice.
Old February 24th, 2004, 05:23 PM   #8
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

I still say that since she seems to be the KISS OF DEATH ..................
Hook her up with Senator Kinsely ......................
Old February 24th, 2004, 05:25 PM   #9
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by antelope526
She is meant to be with COL O'Neille IMHO. They were husband and wife in the alternate timeline episode and obviously had a deep love. They can't do anything with it now but once they make the decision to end the series their love and marriage needs to be in one of the final episodes.

If Daniel Jackson is to have a relationship with anyone in the SGC it should be that pretty doctor. I always thought her secondary purpose was to replace Sam if she ever wanted out of the show or wanted too much money. That doctor is still a beauty even in military uniform. Sam is starting to become a little hard on the eye in close ups without make up. They need to let her grow her hair out. A little less warrior and a little more woman would be nice.

I agree that the pretty doctor/jackson match ..........would be ..............................
nice ........................................as long as she isn't taken by the Go'uld to be a
host as his first wife was.
Old February 24th, 2004, 06:59 PM   #10
agent404

That pretty doctor is now dead as a doorknob, sorry Danny boy.
But no that Sarah's body is freed from the Goa'uld Osiris, maybe he could go out with her
Old February 24th, 2004, 07:42 PM   #11
Sci-Fi
Bad Email Address

Either Jack or Daniel could
Spoiler
start up a relationship with the rumored new female doctor, Dr. Smith(?). With Jack, it would depend on if the Dr. is in the armed forces or not. Daniel and Sarah, if they can rekindle the fire and/or start one with the new doctor. Season 8 will show a few episodes of the Sam and Pete relationship. And Christopher Judge did mention on one interview that someone will get married and one will die in season 8. Don't know if he was kidding though or throwing people off the track or who it will be. Maybe it's Teal'c and Ishta, although she is a temple high priestess. Come to think about it, Teal'c does have some "black widow" in him like Sam. His wife Drey'auc (remarried to Fro'tak then died later when her symbiote matured and wouldn't accept another one or deprive another Jaffa of life) and his former lover, the priestess Shau'nac (Tanith kills her). Time will tell...

Old February 25th, 2004, 09:27 AM   #12
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

I lovvvvvvvvvvvvvvve the Spoilers Sci fi!
Old February 25th, 2004, 09:44 AM   #13
Antelope

I enjoy the spoilers because of my personal life I don't see the shows in order and do not always know what is currently going on. Thank goodness most of the time you don't need to understand the past to understand the current episode I am watching. They have a good mix of long term plot and independent stories.

I didn't know my pretty doctor was dead. I am curious to see how it happened since I don't think I ever saw her in an episode where she left the SGC. I always thought her role and the role of MAJ Carter were kind of redundant.

There seems to be an SG1 kiss of death or misfortune in general. It seems just about everyone they love gets killed, taken prisoner, or harmed sooner or later.

When the series finally runs its course I hope they know a season out so they can tie up the loose ends in a way that will make the fans happy. It would be ashame if they left us hanging in the relationship column when everything is done.

I see COL O'Neille married to MAJ Carter at the end or as a lonely man in his old age. He still seems to feel the pain at the loss of his son and tries to keep his heart at a distance from anyone. What ever happened to COL O'Neille's original wife? Is she still alive, remarried or what? If she is alive they could always reintroduce and reunite her and COL O'Neille at the the end of the series also.
Old February 25th, 2004, 10:14 AM   #14
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by antelope526
I enjoy the spoilers because of my personal life I don't see the shows in order and do not always know what is currently going on. Thank goodness most of the time you don't need to understand the past to understand the current episode I am watching. They have a good mix of long term plot and independent stories.

I didn't know my pretty doctor was dead. I am curious to see how it happened since I don't think I ever saw her in an episode where she left the SGC. I always thought her role and the role of MAJ Carter were kind of redundant.

There seems to be an SG1 kiss of death or misfortune in general. It seems just about everyone they love gets killed, taken prisoner, or harmed sooner or later.

When the series finally runs its course I hope they know a season out so they can tie up the loose ends in a way that will make the fans happy. It would be ashame if they left us hanging in the relationship column when everything is done.

I see COL O'Neille married to MAJ Carter at the end or as a lonely man in his old age. He still seems to feel the pain at the loss of his son and tries to keep his heart at a distance from anyone. What ever happened to COL O'Neille's original wife? Is she still alive, remarried or what? If she is alive they could always reintroduce and reunite her and COL O'Neille at the the end of the series also.
I think he and his "WIFE" are divorced.
Old February 25th, 2004, 11:19 AM   #15
thomas7g
out there somewhere

Colonial Fleets
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

I'm just dang glad the spolier box is working right.

Old February 25th, 2004, 11:22 AM   #16
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
So am I
Old February 25th, 2004, 12:06 PM   #17
Sci-Fi
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Hmmmmm...thought you said you weren't going to be peeking...lol...j/k
:laugh:
Old February 25th, 2004, 12:51 PM   #18
Antelope

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiningstar
I think he and his "WIFE" are divorced.
I thought they were divorced but am not sure if she was still alive in the show or remarried. If she is alive and unmarried I could see them reuniting in a future episode although I am partial to seeing Jack and Sam together. Every time they have a future based episode Jack is portrayed as a lonely man who shuns people in general and does not stay in contact with his old friends. I understand why his character is that way but it would be nice to think his character found happiness and not just peace in his old age.
Old February 25th, 2004, 12:56 PM   #19
Sci-Fi
Bad Email Address

Sarah and Jack divorced, but...(from the Omnipedia)
Quote:
Part of her has never been able to get over her former husband. Sarah still believes the two had the greatest relationship, despite the tragedy (Charlie's death) that would eventually end their marriage.
Sarah kinda looks like Sam too. Maybe Jack has a thing for blonds.

Old February 25th, 2004, 12:59 PM   #20
thomas7g
out there somewhere

Colonial Fleets
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

There were one or two episodes with his wife. One time a blue crystal took the form of Jack and had his memories, and it went to his wife.

I also seem to recall one episode where an alien took the image of his son. Though that may be the same episode.

Old February 25th, 2004, 01:10 PM   #21
Antelope

I thought the episode where the alien took the form of his son included his wife. I just wasn't sure. It was a very sad episode. Maybe they will get back together.
Old February 25th, 2004, 01:53 PM   #22
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
There were one or two episodes with his wife. One time a blue crystal took the form of Jack and had his memories, and it went to his wife.

I also seem to recall one episode where an alien took the image of his son. Though that may be the same episode.

I remember that episode too.
Old February 25th, 2004, 02:10 PM   #23
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Sci fi .......I just noticed that your avatar moves! I like it!
VERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRY NICE
Old February 25th, 2004, 03:12 PM   #24
Sci-Fi
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiningstar
Sci fi .......I just noticed that your avatar moves! I like it!
VERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRY NICE
Thanks...
Old February 25th, 2004, 03:28 PM   #25
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sci-Fi
Thanks...
you're welcome
Old February 25th, 2004, 05:17 PM   #26
thomas7g
out there somewhere

Colonial Fleets
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

I just watched episode 7x15 "Chimera".

I didn't feel any real chemistry from this new Pete. He didn't seem genuinine. Plus the way he stalked her, finding out info, etc, I would think he would have been booted for that.

On the plus side I hope there will be more of Daniel's ex girlfriend Sarah now that they got rid of her Osiris Goauld. I like her. She is charismatic. Plus it would make sense for her to eventually join the SGC. She would be alot more interesting than any of the other anthropologists that they use when Daniel jackson isn't available.

Old February 25th, 2004, 05:36 PM   #27
Sci-Fi
Bad Email Address

A lot of fans didn't like Pete. I too thought it was creepy that he was "stalking" her. Agent Malcolm Barrett asked Sam out and is in the Resurrection episode and many find he would be a better, more interesting person for a relationship with Sam.

BTW, has anybody figured out how Pete knew which van Sam was in when they left the base for the stakeout?

Too bad nobody knew the MacGyver theme song. That would have been funnier than Sam humming the Stargate theme song with Jack in the elevator (although that was great too).
Old February 25th, 2004, 05:42 PM   #28
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
I just watched episode 7x15 "Chimera".

I didn't feel any real chemistry from this new Pete. He didn't seem genuinine. Plus the way he stalked her, finding out info, etc, I would think he would have been booted for that.

On the plus side I hope there will be more of Daniel's ex girlfriend Sarah now that they got rid of her Osiris Goauld. I like her. She is charismatic. Plus it would make sense for her to eventually join the SGC. She would be alot more interesting than any of the other anthropologists that they use when Daniel jackson isn't available.
I'd like to have her back myself! She's beautiful and a good actress..............
let's not tell the writers though ................... they seem to have a
nasty perchant for killing off beauty queens ..............
Old February 25th, 2004, 05:44 PM   #29
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sci-Fi
A lot of fans didn't like Pete. I too thought it was creepy that he was "stalking" her. Agent Malcolm Barrett asked Sam out and is in the Resurrection episode and many find he would be a better, more interesting person for a relationship with Sam.

BTW, has anybody figured out how Pete knew which van Sam was in when they left the base for the stakeout?

Too bad nobody knew the MacGyver theme song. That would have been funnier than Sam humming the Stargate theme song with Jack in the elevator (although that was great too).
I've been stalked myself ............ the guy playing Pete was TOO GOOD.
He gave me nightmares that I never want again ..................................

OH I know what you mean! I think Sam humming the Macgyver song
would have been as funny as the CYLONS walking by FACE in ATeam!
Old February 25th, 2004, 05:45 PM   #30
Sci-Fi
Bad Email Address

Who knows....maybe the Ancients helped her to ascend and she'll show up again ala Daniel.