Go Back   Colonial Fleets > REJUVENATION CENTER > Muffit's Musings
Notices
Muffit's Musings Dedicated to our dear Muffit.
Post poetry, things of friendship and other things
that brighten your day in a personal way.

Old May 4th, 2005, 04:12 PM   #1
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Default Rendering Our Lives

Please forgive all, sometimes our spirit needs purgatives too, this simple diuretic is mine

Strife is not always without; sometimes it is within. It is not what good or ill befalls us on this sphere, but how we ourselves respond. Whether the timeline is marked by dashes or spans, you and I decide. And when we wake from our toddling ignorance, we realize, finally, that hands that help need not be spotless and perfect of form. Look closely: some spots are those of age, and wisdom; some are scars from saving us from harm; these are what we see.

But what we don't see are the anguished tears those hands swept away from the owners' eyes, each time we stumbled and fell, and failed to embrace the ones who lifted us up again, so that we could try anew. Like the cured of His day, who, so caught up in their newfound healing, failed to return and thank the Hands that did so.

Sadly, some things cannot be undone. We might in Scrooge's Christmas morning fashion endeavor to change our tunneled pupils' mistakes of months and years, but those inertial frames contained lives we changed as well, and cannot undo as though a sign afore us bearing Ctrl-Z could bring us back those moments' hearts. This striving daggit cannot seem to find the good and contemplate it, though repetition's Waterloo reminds it day to day.

To those who have tried so hard to give this lifeless ball of metal fur animation, I think you know who you are, please accept its belated thanks, although too late by now. Consider them flowers I will place each day in the many corners of my mind where I hurt you, strived against you, could not see the better from the worse.

Bad is not the senses' momentary vision; it is the interminable focus we ourselves commit to when we let it burn inside, when embers should be put to ashes, and thence to earth. It is not for me to foam like critic on the rocks; but only be thankful they are there to stop my shoreless wandering.

In affection,
Muffit
Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2005, 04:16 PM   #2
julix
Bad Email Address

Another wonderful one Muffit......very moving. I just love your inspired words. I do wonder if there is a meaning there that is specific you are trying to convey?
julix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2005, 07:29 AM   #3
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

I Julix

(((((((((( Julix ))))))))))))
Old May 5th, 2005, 11:25 AM   #4
julix
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffit
I Julix

(((((((((( Julix ))))))))))))
Awwwwwwwwww,
Muffit
if you love me there can
be little wrong
my soul soars
in an endless flight
reaching toward the sky
bright, blue
and vast

Old May 5th, 2005, 08:27 PM   #5
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

Muffit that was beautiful, though some of the thoughts I would beg time to refute. You travelled a path with us that was not laden with injury spawned by any word or deed which you began. Instead you made us better by always treating each of us with respect. You showered a little of the light of that world in which we have set our heart and one foothold in while we toil this present world's often gray valleys. For all of those bits of sunshine, thank you.

Ever, always, I hope to be your friend.

((((((Muffit)))))))

Jewels

P.S. Julix, that's lovely.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2005, 05:31 AM   #6
julix
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewels
Muffit that was beautiful, though some of the thoughts I would beg time to refute. You travelled a path with us that was not laden with injury spawned by any word or deed which you began. Instead you made us better by always treating each of us with respect. You showered a little of the light of that world in which we have set our heart and one foothold in while we toil this present world's often gray valleys. For all of those bits of sunshine, thank you.

((((((Muffit)))))))

Jewels

Thanks jewels....

I thought your words were very well put. We are all better for knowing Muffit
Old May 7th, 2005, 01:06 AM   #7
Haveke

Battlestar Galactica 1978 I Believe...

Quote:
Please forgive all, sometimes our spirit needs purgatives too, this simple diuretic is mine

Strife is not always without; sometimes it is within. It is not what good or ill befalls us on this sphere, but how we ourselves respond. Whether the timeline is marked by dashes or spans, you and I decide. And when we wake from our toddling ignorance, we realize, finally, that hands that help need not be spotless and perfect of form. Look closely: some spots are those of age, and wisdom; some are scars from saving us from harm; these are what we see.

But what we don't see are the anguished tears those hands swept away from the owners' eyes, each time we stumbled and fell, and failed to embrace the ones who lifted us up again, so that we could try anew. Like the cured of His day, who, so caught up in their newfound healing, failed to return and thank the Hands that did so.

Sadly, some things cannot be undone. We might in Scrooge's Christmas morning fashion endeavor to change our tunneled pupils' mistakes of months and years, but those inertial frames contained lives we changed as well, and cannot undo as though a sign afore us bearing Ctrl-Z could bring us back those moments' hearts. This striving daggit cannot seem to find the good and contemplate it, though repetition's Waterloo reminds it day to day.

To those who have tried so hard to give this lifeless ball of metal fur animation, I think you know who you are, please accept its belated thanks, although too late by now. Consider them flowers I will place each day in the many corners of my mind where I hurt you, strived against you, could not see the better from the worse.

Bad is not the senses' momentary vision; it is the interminable focus we ourselves commit to when we let it burn inside, when embers should be put to ashes, and thence to earth. It is not for me to foam like critic on the rocks; but only be thankful they are there to stop my shoreless wandering.

In affection,
Muffit

Having Just Read Your Post, My Heart Is VERY Touched... I Believe it Was Admiral Kirk Who Said "How We Face Death Is as Important as How We Face Life"...

I Have Had My Fair Share Of Loss Of Family & Friends Over The Years, But Have Managed to LOOK For The POSITIVE in How People Tried to Life Their Lives...

Sometimes We Must Also Face The Loss Of Friends Having To Move Away & Losing Touch With Us... To Me This Seems to Hurt Just as Much...

But We Must Always Look For That Silver Lining in Every Dark Cloud That Threatens to Engulf Us... Hey... Ya Know What They Say... "Hind Sight is 20/20"

Sometimes We Make Choices in Life... (Turn Right Instead Of Left) ... Perhaps We Even Look Back Upon Mistakes & Wonder... "What If" ... I Guess What I'm Really Trying to Say is... We ARE ONLY HUMAN... as Flawed as We Are... We Can ONLY Try to Live Our Lives as Best We Can...

Hey, Muffit... Since You Made it Back Safely, Do I Still Need to Keep a Constant Vigile Upon Your Eternal Flame?

Oh, and BTW... That Was a Rather Nice Bit Of Tight (Missing Man) Formation We Flew For You.

Always Glad to Fly As Your Wingman Anytime

Never Leave Your Wingman
Old May 7th, 2005, 01:19 AM   #8
Haveke

Battlestar Galactica 1978 That Says It All...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewels

((((((Muffit)))))))

Jewels

Hey, Well Said!!

We Are Face With Darkness All Around Us In This World... Its Always Great to Have Friends Who Can Manage To Make That Little Light SHINE Bright For Us... Guiding Us From a Great Void... a Single Shining Star... (No, I'm NOT Taking About The Eposide: Lost Planet Of The Gods... I'm Talking about Muffit's For Us)

Hey, This Kid Don't Sign On For No Oneway Missions...
Old May 8th, 2005, 01:29 AM   #9
Lara
Squadron Leader

Some of the most meaningful things ever written have been born of adversity.
A soul whose struggles have been expressed as transcended wisdom is to be studied and revisited by those priviliged enough to encounter it.
That is how the human spirit grows.
That is the lesson of the ages, when sitting at the feet of those who are wiser than you, and a thousand years is not enough to unwind the deeper meanings.
Muffit brings to those who are called to listen this truer, deeper wisdom. One that is in the honoured tradition of Master and Student.
It is a bittersweet gift.

Thankyou.

Lara
Old May 8th, 2005, 06:23 AM   #10
Haveke

Battlestar Galactica 1978

Lara,

Truer Words Were Never Spoken/Typed... Upon My First Joining the Fleets, I Saw One of Muffit's Posts: and Reflecting Back Upon My Memory/Emotions at that Time... I Just KNEW That Indeed... This Person Was Truely More Intouch With the Wisoodm of The World Than I...

Muffit is Someone I am Glad to Call Friend... I've Discovered that Every Once in in While, On Our Continuing Journies through this BIG Adventure We Like to Call Life... We Run Across Someone Like Muffit: With the Ability to Touch Our Very Souls With Their Words... Typed/Spoken...

To This I Also Would Like to Say:

Thank You,

This Kid Don't Sign On For No Oneway Missions
Old May 8th, 2005, 04:43 PM   #11
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Dear Haveke and Lara,

I am so overwhelingly honored by your kind words, and ever so undeserving. We do not grow of our own accord and intredipidty, but by the world's gifts around us, of water and drought, sunlight and shadow, and sometimes even hands that know better how to make us thrive than we ourselves do.

If I am able to share via expression even a little of what life has taught me, it is like color itself; I and it are comprised of everything except what you actually see - not what I am or hope to be, but what true and wonderful friends like you all have made me inside.

All my affection,
Muffit
Old May 8th, 2005, 04:57 PM   #12
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Muffit,

Sometimes our travels down life's path are so hectic that they don't allow us to pause and take in the true beauty with which we've been blessed. Whether it's a gentle rain on a spring day or the sun's rays glistening off the snow on a winter morn, we often rush past in our haste to meet our scheduled appointments.

However, within these forum walls, we've been blessed with the opportunity to gaze upon your wonderful words of wisdom and heartfelt love and for that, we are the richer! You MAKE a difference in our lives by showing us that "there is still good in this world and it's worth 'fighting for'".

Wherever your journey takes you, on life's path, please know that you are that life-saving beacon from a lighthouse, on a foggy night; a shining star at the end of an endless void.

With loads of love and admiration,

BST
You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2005, 09:34 PM   #13
Haveke

Battlestar Galactica 1978

Quote:
Dear Haveke and Lara,

I am so overwhelingly honored by your kind words, and ever so undeserving. We do not grow of our own accord and intredipidty, but by the world's gifts around us, of water and drought, sunlight and shadow, and sometimes even hands that know better how to make us thrive than we ourselves do.

If I am able to share via expression even a little of what life has taught me, it is like color itself; I and it are comprised of everything except what you actually see - not what I am or hope to be, but what true and wonderful friends like you all have made me inside.

All my affection,
Muffit

Hey, My Personsal View Of The World Is This: There Is No Such Thing As Strangers... Only Friends You've Yet to Meet.

Just From Reading Your Posts, I Could Tell that You Were a Person Truely Worthy Of Calling Friend.

All This I Was Able to Discover, On My Own... Just From Your Words.. I Just Knew... Here Was a Someone Who Is There to Share a Moment of Happiness With... Yeah, I Ran it though the 'Ole LanguageTron, and the Results Translatined as This: Muffit=Friend!!

Its Really Kinda Hard to Put to Words, But Your Words Spoke Volumes to Me... Telling Me That Here Is a Great, Wonderful Person.

As The Fonz Would Say: AAAAAAAAAAAHHHhhh!!

Always Stay With Your Wingman

Hey, this Kid Don't Sign On For For Oneway Missions... We're Coming Back!

"Become a Kind of Friend a Friend Would Want to Have"--Tim McGraw
Old May 8th, 2005, 09:43 PM   #14
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly Warrior
The Lone Wolf

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDOwner:
Colonial Fleets
3D Gladiators
Former Webmaster:
BattlestarGalactica.com
RichardHatch.com
GreatWarofMagellan.com
Web Tech:
LauretteSpang.com
DirkBenedictCentral.com
TombsofKobol.com

Muffit, with the words of these others, I hope you are coming to realize why I call you... "Dear One"
"Legends never die... They just get new Captains."
"Respect the past. It brought you the present."
Darrell Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2005, 04:26 AM   #15
Lara
Squadron Leader

Quote:
Dear Haveke and Lara,

All my affection,
Muffit
Colour is a good metaphor for what you do. Just as each of us perceive the fall of light on an object a little differently so your messages touch people in different ways.

Everyone we meet has a lesson to teach us. Sometimes the lesson is a big one, or something we need later and not now. Those who are truly open to the experience of life will know its full spectrum, the cold and the heat, the light and teh dark, and the rainbow in its full glory..

Walk in truth and light, Muffit, and wishing you a fair share of rainbows..

Lara
Old May 9th, 2005, 09:36 AM   #16
Haveke

Battlestar Galactica 1978 Thoughts to Share...

I Lost My Aunt Jean Back in Novemer 11, 2001...I Loved Her So She was More Than an Aunt to Me, She was My Other Mother. I Miss Her Each Day, But I Have Learned to Turn Her Loss into a Positive Thing: I Help to Keep Her Memory Alive. She & My Mother Weren't Twins (Aunt Jean was 2 Years Older), But they Lookd So Much Alike... I Will Alway Remember My Favorite Aunt as Being Healthy & Strong, Smiling & Laughing as Someone Shared a Funny Story.

She was Trying to tell Me Something All those Many Years Ago... Now I Finally Know What The Message Was: Live Each Day Like it Was Your Last...

I Hope My Words Can Help Someone Else Can Find Comfort in these These Words...

"Become a Friend a Friend Would Like to Have"--Tim McGraw