Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old March 5th, 2003, 01:22 PM   #1
KJ
Strike Leader

Default "Galacticon" why is it in October?

Nice to see it up on Michael Faries site and all the so-far information on the Battlestar Galactica convention planned this year. But why is the Con held in October instead of September 17th of 2003? The 25 anniversary falls on the 9/17/03 not in October.

Good to know fans will be able to do something else this year other than put up with an unwanted remake. During the "Hell Months" or for another term, Those months when the new Galactica is filming? What new developments will be coming through the website of Galacticon!

And ideas can the fanbase add?

KJ
KJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2003, 02:03 PM   #2
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

Default anniversaries

2003 is still the "25th anniversay year", KJ. Technically anytime in the year is appropriate to celebrate. For example my home state, Ohio, celebrates its 200th year as a state and the 100th anniversary of the Wright Brothers first flight (the plane was designed and built in Dayton, Ohio, 25 min up the road from me) Events honoring those two milestones are scheduled throughout the rest of the year. Just my thoughts. Make more sense??

For your other questions did you try these pages:
The Galacticon FAQ page
The Volunteer Services page

I believe Michael said all info. was going to come through the web site, bookmark it and look there. It is something to look forward to, but all may not be as bleak as it looks on other fronts.
Jewels

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2003, 02:45 PM   #3
KJ
Strike Leader

Already bookmarked. As for the con yes it makes sense, but i guess it's something off in the future. As for now i got a lot to do in the year.

Plus the latest DVD news isn't so good so i might as well look to handling some theories on that front. Unless something else comes up other the remake crapola within a few weeks time. I hope to hear more on the Battlestar Galactica "Galacticon" affairs.

KJ
Old March 5th, 2003, 02:49 PM   #4
Erzengel

I'm going. I'm already looking for a hotel to stay at.
Old March 5th, 2003, 03:05 PM   #5
jewels

Colonial Fleets

Another page (hotel booking).
http://www.galacticonevents.com/hotel/index.html
Old March 5th, 2003, 03:43 PM   #6
KJ
Strike Leader

Nothing personal to anyone but i might go to this convention under cover. Not only there to enjoy BG but to see everyone under the same roof who you could have posted to and not know it is a kicker. Should i, shouldn't i say something? no doubt many of you going will think about this.

"Gee wonder what so-and-so really looks like? Is she or he here? should i say something, Nah couldn't be him/her?

The mind boggles at the possible outcomes of going to an event like this knowing half of the people there are ones you talk to online? Strange isn't it. I might go and not say a thing or... Go in the halls and shout out IT'S GOOD TO BE THE KING! THERE ONLY ONE KJ (KJ2)

How many of you are thinking of going and how many are just thinking of it? It's March now! Six months will creep up on you faster than you would admit to. Gotta admit to myself this has just hit me? typing ones responce and talking to friend or for is different in person.

Who here is curious at the other person/persons at the other end or the line from another place on Earth with the same interests in the series you watched. Should many of you attend this Galacticon 25th anniversary event in October.

All fear begins with the unknown. I wonder what others of you are thinking of this same question?

KJ

P.S. I just hit 300 wow!

Last edited by KJ; March 6th, 2003 at 05:19 PM..
Old March 5th, 2003, 05:13 PM   #7
michaelfaries
Great Honored Warrior (ret.)
BG Fandom Leader (ret.)

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFather of BG websites
BattlestarGalactica.com(ret)
BattlestarPegasus.com(ret)

Be sure to check the GalacticonEvents.com FAQ section with the answer to your question, KJ2.

And everyone: See the "What's New (News)" section. We have two new special guest confirmations. :colwar: :colwar:

Michael
:colwar:
michaelfaries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2003, 05:26 PM   #8
michaelfaries
Great Honored Warrior (ret.)
BG Fandom Leader (ret.)

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFather of BG websites
BattlestarGalactica.com(ret)
BattlestarPegasus.com(ret)

"Space Cases" falls within Ken Thomson's dept. (Y'know, the old sci-fi show on Nickeleon that he worked on, er... nevermind.)

Sorry, Darrell. We don't have a section for you specifically. Maybe Michelle can chime in here... (I'm outta material. )

Michael
:colwar:
michaelfaries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2003, 09:04 PM   #9
Micheleh
Watashiwa Shin no Noir

Veteran
Fleets Warrior
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFormer Assistant
Richard Hatch

Ok, Darrel, I hereby proclaim you a Confirmed Case. And studies have proven you to be contagious.

I reccomend immediate and prolonged exposure to the original series, followed by a serious Galacticultural immersion next October for this man, and any who have come in electronic contact with him.

Was that what you wanted to know?
Micheleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2003, 04:23 AM   #10
jewels

Colonial Fleets

KJ,
It is kinda goofy isn't it? We yack at each other all the time, but what are we really like?? I'd opt for meeting people, rather than not meeting people. I hate being "alone" in a crowd: much more fun to be with a group, and this group's pretty good as long as we keep Warrior and Thomas more than an arms length away from each other. (no Thwapping!)

Warrior is contagious!!! Oh that's what's been going on, no wonder I'm taping G-80 tomorrow!!! It's more than morbid curiousity!!!
Jewels

Last edited by jewels; March 6th, 2003 at 04:27 AM..
Old March 6th, 2003, 11:03 AM   #11
Micheleh
Watashiwa Shin no Noir

Veteran
Fleets Warrior
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFormer Assistant
Richard Hatch

Yeah, I think we should all show up in 3DG shirts, like the Denominators!
Micheleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2003, 07:44 PM   #12
oldwardaggit
You old war daggit!

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner/Webmaster
RadioGalactica

Hmmm I may be interested in one of those shirts. The thing is, when I pay for it being from Canada, I might end up paying through the nose but it may be worth it.
;0

OWD
oldwardaggit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2003, 08:04 PM   #13
Erzengel

OWD Maybe someone here in the states can buy a shirt for you and ship it to you?

I like the colonial fleets shirt Idea... How about a ball cap and a coffe mug to go with it.