RichardHatch.com
GreatWarofMagellan.com
Web Tech:
LauretteSpang.com
DirkBenedictCentral.com
TombsofKobol.com

Unhappy J. Madison Wright Died

Source: LA Times

J. Madison Wright Morris, a former child actress who underwent a heart transplant at 15 and had a heart attack a day after returning from her honeymoon in Hawaii, died Friday. She was 21.

Morris, who on July 8 married Brent Joseph Morris, a medical student at the University of Kentucky, died at the University of Kentucky Hospital in Lexington.

Her first major role was in the mid-1990s NBC series "Earth 2." She also appeared in the 1997 feature film "Shiloh," with her younger sister Tori, and in several television shows, including "ER." Her last role was in the 1998 Disney TV movie "Safety Patrol."

Her career began at 5, when she went to an open audition in Lexington and was chosen for a summer modeling stint in New York. By the next year, she and her sister were represented by the Ford Modeling Agency.

She used J. Madison Wright as her professional name, insisting at 12 that there were "just too many Jessicas" to be known by her first name.

In 1992, she moved with her family to Los Angeles to pursue acting and started out at 9 playing uppity young beauty contestants in "Grace Under Fire" and "The Nanny."

In "Earth 2," she portrayed True Danziger, a motherless girl taught to fend for herself in a world of intergalactic space travel centuries in the future, according to her fan club, the Screaming Trues. The club takes its name from her character's propensity to shriek when frightened.

As a teenager, she and her family returned to Kentucky, where she had recurring bouts of pneumonia and was diagnosed with restrictive cardiomyopathy, a heart muscle disease. Clancy Brown, who played her father in "Earth 2," led fundraising efforts to pay for the heart transplant in 2000 at Cleveland Clinic in Ohio.

Born July 29, 1984, in Cincinnati, she was the eldest of four children of Scott and Melissa Wright.

Morris attended the University of the Cumberlands in Williamsburg, Ky., on cheerleading and academic scholarships, graduating this year. She planned to teach 10th-grade English this fall at George Rogers Clark High School in Winchester, Ky.

On Monday, her funeral was held at Corinth Baptist Church in London, Ky., the building in which she was married.

In addition to her husband, parents and sister, Morris' survivors include her brothers Isaiah and Elijah, two grandmothers, two grandfathers, a great-grandmother, a great-grandfather and a great-great-grandmother.
"Legends never die... They just get new Captains."
"Respect the past. It brought you the present."
Darrell Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2006, 06:04 PM   #2
CBSG4ever
Warrior Ace

Location: In My Battlestar over San Diego waiting for everyone else...

Thanks for finding and posting this Warrior. I hadn't heard a word of this, as there seems to be only one event on the news channels these days. Sorrows and condolences to her family.

Steve

"You're gonna need a bigger boat..." Chief Brody - Jaws
"Kind of a bummer gettin' your butt kicked by a dead guy" - Col. T.C. McQueen, S:AaB-(Ray Butts)
"A kind word and a 2-by-4 is better than just a kind word" - Marcus Cole, Babylon 5
"WIVES...uh...aren't we getting a little ahead of ourselves?" Starbuck - Living Legend
"Every creature in the Universe is out to exterminate us and YOU want to hire a vocal group." Boomer - Saga of a Starworld
CBSG4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2006, 05:32 AM   #3
KJ
Strike Leader

Unhappy

This is so tragic to hear of, its always sad to read of lives thats so young passing away before they have a chance to embrace life.

Lord knows how many child actors have passed away at such a young age as well.

Have to agree with CBSG4ever that this news would've been missed if it wasn't put up on here. I too would like to give out my condolences to her family.

Life is more fragile than you know when you read stories like these, it truly does sadden me to read news like this knowing you've gotten to a certain age in your life while others out there fall ill or have a serious illness that takes their life away at such a young age.

Its a stong reminder to not take life for granted, which is always a constant reminder for me cos i feel i've yet to make my mark on life as it is.

I wish Ms Morris could've had a long and fulfilling life ahead of her and to anybody else with an illness that they are fighting. My mother being a nurse tells me of people fighting such conditions all the time and how we must all take care of ourselves.

Its very sad to hear this as i remember the short lived Earth 2 series from a decade or so back. In remembering J. Madison Wright Morris we should also care to think of all the other child actors and actors in general who have passed away in similar circumstances and put a little thought into our daily lives and how not to waste or take life for granted anymore.

Sorry if it sounds overly sappy, but people dying of illness does strike "cord" with me is all. Its not just actors, most of the time in the news all we hear about is people dying from cancer, heart diease and other rare illnesses my mother's always told me about.

Life is fragile more than you know, so take care of yourselves.

KJ
Old July 31st, 2006, 04:26 PM   #4
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly Warrior
The Lone Wolf

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDOwner:
Colonial Fleets
3D Gladiators
Former Webmaster:
BattlestarGalactica.com
RichardHatch.com
GreatWarofMagellan.com