Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Miscellaneous Entertainment
Notices
Miscellaneous Entertainment Talk about any other shows not covered by other forums.

Old September 16th, 2005, 08:05 AM   #1
Lothos
Bad Email Address

Default Exorcism of Emily Rose Battlestar related (Pottential Spoilers for movie)

I just recently saw the Exorcism of Emily Rose. If you are looking to see a special effect laden horror movie with lots' o killin and monsters and stuff.... Rent Constantine. Because that is not remotely what this movie is about.

Forget what the ads seem to imply, this is more Law and Order then Exorcist.
The Story revolves around the trial of a priest who has been charged with Negligence leading to death of the title character. Over the course of the movie both the prosecution and the defense present their cases with Prosecution arguing that Emily was sick and the Priest kept her from getting medical treatment leading to her death, while the defense argues that maybe, just maybe , there were other worldly forces at work in her death. It makes for intriguing courtroom drama, but there are still scary parts coming from testimony and flashbacks given by witnesses (I won't give too much away, but when I woke up the morning after I saw this at 2:45am , I was sure to go to the bathroom and get back to sleep before 3am. )

Anyhoo I enjoyed the movie and recomend it for anyone who enjoys smart, well acted movies. Oh and as for the Battelstar Connection? Well playing assistant to the prosecutor in this movie is none other than Chief Tyroll himself, Aerron Douglass (SP? Sorry Aerron) . True Aerron does only have 2 lines in the whole movie, but his acting like a guy who sits silently in a chair for most of the movie is top notch

Anyhoo that is all.
Lothos is offline   Reply With Quote