Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Miscellaneous Entertainment
Notices
Miscellaneous Entertainment Talk about any other shows not covered by other forums.

Old January 21st, 2005, 02:59 AM   #1
Sci-Fi
Bad Email Address

LOL SPACEBALLS the TV show?

SPACEBALLS the TV show?

From Cinescape:

Dateline: Thursday, January 20, 2005

By: PATRICK SAURIOL
By: News Editor
Source: Variety

SPACEBALLS the animated television show? President Skroob would be proud.

Plans are afoot for a weekly SPACEBALLS TV program, with Mel Brooks once again deeply involved with the project. MGM TV, Berliner Film Company (a German film producer) and Brooks are all working on a plan to return to his comedic sci-fi franchise that began as a 1987 film. The funnyman will be one of the producers on the SPACEBALLS pilot episode, supervise the writing of other episodes on the series and reprise the roles of Yogurt and President Skroob. Thomas Meehan, Brooks' co-writer on the SPACEBALLS film screenplay, will also collaborate with Brooks again on the TV show, supverising the writing department and helping produce the series.

If the show becomes a reality expect the SPACEBALLS series to not just parody the genre of science fiction films and television but also fantasy works, such as THE LORD OF THE RINGS.

Sci-Fi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2005, 04:29 AM   #2
amberstar
Strike Leader

I loved Space Balls
Old January 21st, 2005, 06:12 AM   #3
TrashTrampoline

Is this an early April fools joke?
It was a really movie but I can't imagine a cartoon series.
I love that "Stupid/Slapstick" Mel Brooks style comedy. You don't have to think about it, you lust laugh.
Old January 22nd, 2005, 07:51 PM   #4
Spike The Cylon
Captain

Wink

i hope it really happens

Fleeing From The Cylon Tyranny, The Last Battlestar, Galactica, Leads a Rag-tag Fugitive Fleet On A Lonely Quest. A Shining Planet, Known As....Earth!
Spike The Cylon is offline   Reply With Quote