Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Miscellaneous Entertainment
Notices
Miscellaneous Entertainment Talk about any other shows not covered by other forums.

Old January 24th, 2004, 01:30 PM   #1
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

bone Ooh! Time Bandits True Anamorphic on DVD!

Hi my friends! Any of you remember a wonderful "sleeper" of a show from 1981 called "Time Bandits"? They never expected it to be overly successful, but it was! Now it's a cult classic! It's all about a little boy who gets kidnapped by amateur midget thieves and taken on a wondrous romp thru time. You'll meet stars like John Cleese and Michael Palin, Shelley Duvall, Jean Connery, and the list goes on! Terrific tongue in cheek humor! You''ll learn why Napoleon kept his arm in his shirt all the time! And hear Michael Palin cry "Oh no! The personal problem! I must have fruit!"

To be released in 3 days, FINALLY, a true anamorphic version (no more cheesy letterbox that your new widescreen TV can't morph to full screen), a high definition transfer, plus 2 disks with special features! Even comes with a fold out map of the universe (like the one in the movie?)!

I've already found 2 places that have it, Amazon and DeepDiscountDVD:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...v=glance&s=dvd

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=ABD012340

Amazon is a few dollars more but if you buy from them using regular shipping you'll get it /fast/. Or, if you need to save a few $$, try DeepDiscountDVD - it's only $15 and /free/ shipping! (Takes longer to get it from them).

Don't miss out on this wonderful SciFi/Fantasy show!

Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2004, 06:07 PM   #2
Rickyrod70

Wink

Well Muffit you really are a fan of this movie huh? I really enjoyed seeing it again today. Hooray for showtime. I'll be sure to check into getting the DVD for my collection.
Old January 24th, 2004, 07:28 PM   #3
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Hi Rickyrod! Yep, I sure do. Thank you for reminding me of it - sorry, I really should've given you a nod for being the one to bring it up. I saw your post at CA and it got me to looking around again (it's always been on my must-get list, but the non-anamorphic copies out there just kept me away). When I saw the new release coming out I got even more excited .

Then I thought, maybe I shouldn't rush out and buy it, but then I saw it for only $15 and I just couldn't resist. Those business classes where they tell you a $15 price point is an instant impulse sell were right on the money!

I have been remiss in where credit is due, so:

Hey everybody! I want to say a big THANK YOU to Rickyrod for his timely question about Time Bandits at CA! Thanks to you, I will soon have one of my all time favorite movies to share with my daughter. Can't thank you enough Rickyrod!

P.S. R.R. says you can catch Time Bandits on Showtime this month as well...
Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote