Go Back   Colonial Fleets > REJUVENATION CENTER > Galactica Cafe
Notices
Galactica Cafe A place to socialize and have fun!

Old January 27th, 2004, 08:17 PM   #1
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Default Good news for Dark Exodus fans!

Hello, all...this is for the fans of my fanfic Battlestar Galactica: Dark Exodus.

You may be pleased to know that now I have started work on writing the treatment (outline) for the sequel to Dark Exodus with this working title:

Battlestar Galactica: Reciprocity.

The title is subject to change. But the opening scenes are already starting to shape up.

Hang in there, dear friends, More is on the way,
Respectfully to all, LONG LIVE BOTH GALACTICAS,
Martok2112
Old January 27th, 2004, 08:32 PM   #2
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Good to hear, Mon General!

Any hints on what direction the story will take?
You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2004, 06:05 PM   #3
amberstar
Strike Leader

Thank you and keep up the good work!!

Amber
Old January 28th, 2004, 07:51 PM   #4
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Default Hello, all,

Well, let's see...directions on where the story might go.

Let's just say that right now the story's opening has taken on a very, very Tom Clancy-esque tone, considering that there is a certain loose end from the last story that must be tied up. Videogame fans might wanna think of the opening as having a sort of "SOCOM U.S. Navy Seals", or "Rainbow Six" feel to it.

Without wanting to give too much away, let's just say that with the current military situation over the Earth in this new story, the Colonials and their allies are ready to deal with a much more massive Cylon assault.

Also, there are going to be some interesting political situations for our good President Krieger. I might take a few pointers from "The West Wing" for this.

Yes, folks, I gun for realism, but not at the expense of the spirit of Galactica. So I think I can guarantee a story that is every bit as compelling as the first. As I told BST earlier, I just don't want to fall into a formula with this. I want the new story to be equally as exciting as Dark Exodus, but stands on its own without the first A to B to C plot.

Plus, there are a few relationships in the story that need to be elaborated on. I think there is a wedding that must be addressed?

Anyhoo, lots for me to write in the treatment alone. This time, when I publish the story, I will not publish the treatment. The treatment will be "my precious".

Anyhoo, I hope that answers the question of where the story might go, without giving too much away.

I am looking forward to actually getting the story down into chapter format...but the treatment must pave the way. Believe me, I am re-researching Dark Exodus to make sure that there are no plotholes that you can pilot a Battlestar through. I think the first story was very tightly written, and I want the same with this one.

Well, that's all for now. Stick around for developments.

Respectfully to all, long live BOTH GALACTICAS,
Martok2112