Notices
Other Science Fiction Shows A place to discuss all of the other Sci-Fi shows
which may tickle your fancy!

Old February 25th, 2004, 05:46 PM   #31
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sci-Fi
Who knows....maybe the Ancients helped her to ascend and she'll show up again ala Daniel.
I'd LIKE that too happen ............but Will it? I don't think so.
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2004, 05:54 PM   #32
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

IMHO the show is a ghost of itself. Seasons 1 through 5 were much better when Showtime had them.
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2004, 05:58 PM   #33
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfish
IMHO the show is a ghost of itself. Seasons 1 through 5 were much better when Showtime had them.
Yes I noticed that .................
Old February 25th, 2004, 06:04 PM   #34
Sci-Fi
Bad Email Address

Think both Teryl Rothery and Don Davis knew something was up when their contracts weren't renewed/extended/negotiated for season 8. But that doesn't stop them from doing guest appearances in SG1 or being part of the upcoming SG1 movies. Remember, Teryl didn't get a formal contract until Season 3. One can only hope..after all this is science fiction...anything is possible.

You might enjoy reading this interview: http://totallyteryl.com/interviews/atdsdtr.htm
Sci-Fi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2004, 06:26 PM   #35
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Think both Teryl Rothery and Don Davis knew something was up when their contracts weren't renewed/extended/negotiated for season 8. But that doesn't stop them from doing guest appearances in SG1 or being part of the upcoming SG1 movies. Remember, Teryl didn't get a formal contract until Season 3. One can only hope..after all this is science fiction...anything is possible.

You might enjoy reading this interview: http://totallyteryl.com/interviews/atdsdtr.htm
Sci fi You are right I did enjoy reading that interview.
Thank you so much for posting the link.
Old February 25th, 2004, 08:38 PM   #36
thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

I also noticed the show lost a bit since it moved to scifi. its mostly there. I think though the lost of daniel effected things greatly. And by the time he came back, the chemistry of the show changed.

And dang it... they really should add sarah. She's a hell lot better than those normal nerdy archaeologists you see on the show.

How about we add her to Adam Baldwin's team and forget this Atlantis fad? LOL

"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2004, 09:45 PM   #37
Sci-Fi
Bad Email Address

IMHO, don't blame the scifi channel, they only gave the go ahead for another season. Why Michael Shanks took a "sabbatical" after season 5 isn't talked about by the studio (MGM) or the cast members other than the official press release. Plenty of rumors out there, but nothing concrete. As far as anybody can tell, the scifi channel had no direct input or influence into shows direction or creativity. Can read these links to get an insight:
http://www.michael-shanks.com/interviews/starlog24.html
and scroll down to read the "Shanks' Return Embraced By All":
http://www.scifi.com/sfw/issue324/letters.html

Even the gaters had some controversy at that time, but in the end worked it out. Here's both sides of that story:
http://www.pink-khaki.net/sjhw.html
http://www.pink-khaki.net/sdj.html
A partial quote:
Quote:
Personal issues aside, even before Michael Shanks left, some Daniel fans were dictating what the show *should* be about; what it was *supposed* to be about. Our commentary never had anything to do with the character himself, it had to do with the behavior of the fans desiring to take creative control away from the rightful owners, the powers that be.
It should be noted that the "Save Daniel Jackson" website has been since taken down and dissolved. And more importantly, the SG1 fandom is back discussing/critiquing episodes, the story arc, and the acting performances.

Old February 26th, 2004, 09:16 AM   #38
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
IMHO, don't blame the scifi channel, they only gave the go ahead for another season. Why Michael Shanks took a "sabbatical" after season 5 isn't talked about by the studio (MGM) or the cast members other than the official press release. Plenty of rumors out there, but nothing concrete. As far as anybody can tell, the scifi channel had no direct input or influence into shows direction or creativity. Can read these links to get an insight:
http://www.michael-shanks.com/interviews/starlog24.html
and scroll down to read the "Shanks' Return Embraced By All":
http://www.scifi.com/sfw/issue324/letters.html

Even the gaters had some controversy at that time, but in the end worked it out. Here's both sides of that story:
http://www.pink-khaki.net/sjhw.html
http://www.pink-khaki.net/sdj.html
A partial quote:

It should be noted that the "Save Daniel Jackson" website has been since taken down and dissolved. And more importantly, the SG1 fandom is back discussing/critiquing episodes, the story arc, and the acting performances.

That's good that the Save Daniel Jackson website has finally been taken
down since he's been 'saved'. I'm really looking forward to watching more
SG1 when time permits

Still think it was better when it was with SHOWTIME though.
Old February 26th, 2004, 09:38 AM   #39
Sci-Fi
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiningstar
I'm really looking forward to watching more
SG1 when time permits

Still think it was better when it was with SHOWTIME though.
Might enjoy reading this interview with Joseph Mallozzi:
http://www.faxcion.com/mallozzi.html
Old February 26th, 2004, 09:50 AM   #40
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Might enjoy reading this interview with Joseph Mallozzi:
http://www.faxcion.com/mallozzi.html

I read it. What a fantastic interview. Thank you so much for posting it.
Old February 27th, 2004, 05:35 PM   #41
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Oh crap. Don S. Davis is also going. It figures. Now the show will really be boring. Hammond is another reason for watching. Next they will probably frag Teal'C who by far is the BEST character. Teal'C is an innocent learning about humanking. Christopher Judge should have won an award for his perfromances which never bore one.
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 29th, 2004, 11:54 AM   #42
emerita
Bad Email Address

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There were one or two episodes with his wife. One time a blue crystal took the form of Jack and had his memories, and it went to his wife.

I also seem to recall one episode where an alien took the image of his son. Though that may be the same episode.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thomas.....It was called Cold Lazarus in season one where the crystal entity took the shape of Jack and then Charlie...and there are still deep feelings for his ex wife.....
emerita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 29th, 2004, 02:00 PM   #43
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfish
Oh crap. Don S. Davis is also going. It figures. Now the show will really be boring. Hammond is another reason for watching. Next they will probably frag Teal'C who by far is the BEST character. Teal'C is an innocent learning about humanking. Christopher Judge should have won an award for his perfromances which never bore one.
Why is DON DAVIS Going? I loved his character? THey better not 'frag' Teal'c next.
That WILL make me STOP watching the show!
Old February 29th, 2004, 02:01 PM   #44
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by emerita
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There were one or two episodes with his wife. One time a blue crystal took the form of Jack and had his memories, and it went to his wife.

I also seem to recall one episode where an alien took the image of his son. Though that may be the same episode.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thomas.....It was called Cold Lazarus in season one where the crystal entity took the shape of Jack and then Charlie...and there are still deep feelings for his ex wife.....
I loved those episodes! I thought they were well written.
Old February 29th, 2004, 02:08 PM   #45
emerita
Bad Email Address

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiningstar
Why is DON DAVIS Going? I loved his character? THey better not 'frag' Teal'c next.
That WILL make me STOP watching the show!
I read that Davis and Rothery did not renew their contracts believing that the show would end with season 7. I read that Rothery had already made other commitments and could not get out of them. I don't know what Davis did......he has his art to fall back on so maybe he is free to continue....here's to hoping...I really like him
emerita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 29th, 2004, 02:30 PM   #46
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by emerita
I read that Davis and Rothery did not renew their contracts believing that the show would end with season 7. I read that Rothery had already made other commitments and could not get out of them. I don't know what Davis did......he has his art to fall back on so maybe he is free to continue....here's to hoping...I really like him
I'm hoping that Davis will be free to continue too. I like his character as well.