Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Miscellaneous Entertainment
Notices
Miscellaneous Entertainment Talk about any other shows not covered by other forums.

Old July 24th, 2004, 04:16 PM   #1
julix
Bad Email Address

Default Star Wars Episode III tiltle

It is official folks.....The title for the final Star Wars film is ................

Revenge of the Sith
julix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2004, 04:23 PM   #2
Rowan
On Vacation...

And here is the link to some pics from that show

http://www.geocities.com/billds9/Star_Wars_Pictures.htm
Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2004, 06:47 AM   #3
julix
Bad Email Address

Thanks for the pix again Rowan!!!!
Old July 26th, 2004, 09:06 AM   #4
Charybdis
Battlestar Callisto

Yup, I finally heard about it today!!! Was off the computer the whole weekend !!

Kind of unimaginative overall since Return of the Jedi was supposed to be called Revenge of the Jedi originally, but it does fit and is not as wacky as Attack of the Clones or The Phantom Menace...

Here is my list for ranking the Star WArs films:

1. Star Wars
2. Empire Strikes Back
3. Attack of the Clones
4. Return of the Jedi
5. The Phantom Menace

The new film might rank in there at number 2 or 3 depending on how it turns out, but I doubt that anything will ever sway my opinion of the original movie and Empire...

http://bscallisto.proboards.com/index.cgi
Charybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2004, 12:16 PM   #5
julix
Bad Email Address

AH, AH ,AH

Charybdis,

With all due respect let me lead you into the light, yes it is true that Lucas originally was going to call episode six Revenge of the Jedi and some posters etc went out(a good friend of ours has one) but it dawned on GL that Jedi do not take revenge, it is against all things that are Jedi. Thus, the title was changed to Return of the Jedi which is more appropriate. Then yes you can drawn some similarities but that is the reason behind the change

P.S. Episode IV is called A New Hope(yes I am a Star Wars Geek-and proud of it!!!)
Old July 26th, 2004, 01:35 PM   #6
Ian_W359
Warrior

Heart

Revenge Of The Sith? Come back to me in 12 months, and ask me if I like it then!

But seriously, it took me a while to warm to the naming of 'The Phantom Menace' and 'Attack Of The Clones'. Names I thought were a bit weak at the outset, but in the end, kinda made sense. 'Revenge Of The Sith' however, I'll get back to you on that one......

All the best,
Ian W359
Ian_W359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2004, 07:06 PM   #7
The 14th Colony
Strike Leader

I love it. I totally love it. It has the dark, ominous tone that I've expected from the third movie. There was Darth Maul's statement in TPM which was never explained (aside from in the novel, and the imagination of fans), "...at last we will have our revenge," and then this title, bringing a close to a concept that was begun in the first episode and culminating in this final storyline. I remember when I first read the Episode I title, after years of speculating what the first film would involve, and following plot and character spoilers for months prior to the revelation, I was shocked like many fans. I thought "The Phantom Menace" was lame, cheesy, and weak as a title. Of course, the more I thought it over, the more it made sense to me, though it still sounded cheesy for quite some time. I later came to really like that title, and finally accepted it and decided I wouldn't want it to be called anything else. With Attack of the Clones, however, it sounded lame and cheesy, and weak at first, and I still don't like it. But Revenge of the Sith sounded great during the long speculation before hand, and sounds even stronger now. In fact, of all the titles I would rate them in the following order of how strong and intriguing they sound and how they touch my intellect. Don't get me wrong, this is not my rating of the quality of each episode's story, but only my rating of the titles themselves.

Revenge of the Sith
The Phantom Menace
The Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi
A New Hope
Attack of the Clones

If reincarnation is real, I want to come back as a bowling ball...because that's how I roll.

My Creativity:
https://www.facebook.com/legoshine
My Writing Page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/InSpi...47884321946870
The 14th Colony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2004, 07:16 PM   #8
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by julix
It is official folks.....The title for the final Star Wars film is ................
Revenge of the Sith

I like it. The only problem with this particular movie is that there is a "whole lot of story that has to be told". Hopefully, it will have a bit longer run-time to accomodate all the pieces that must be put in their proper place. I think it will be a "good" flick but, I'm afraid that it's all going to be a bit "rushed".

Looking forward to it, nonetheless!!
You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2004, 08:21 PM   #9
julix
Bad Email Address

14th Colony...
I agree with the name of the title...I think it is very fitting and will tie many things together. BST..I also agree I can't imagine how Lucas is going to pull it off. The (Star Wars circle of friends)group and I keep joking he would have to do EpisodeIII part A, B, and C.....But if anyone can pull it off it would be Lucas. We shall see

P.S. I like the title Attack of the Clones the least as well.
Old July 26th, 2004, 08:28 PM   #10
braxiss
Major

i don't really care what it's called, i just hope it's better than the last one
Old July 26th, 2004, 08:29 PM   #11
Rowan
On Vacation...

Lucas was just dying I guess to finally use that "revenge" word in one of his movie titles it was initially going to be Revenge of the Jedi but he changed his mind remember because Jedi are not about the dark side and revenge is a dark word. This movie is going to have to be very dark on a lot of story lines. It's a good title for a dark story.
Old July 26th, 2004, 08:29 PM   #12
Rowan
On Vacation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by braxiss
i don't really care what it's called, i just hope it's better than the last one
for me that would be the last three!
Old July 26th, 2004, 08:30 PM   #13
braxiss
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan
for me that would be the last three!
i agree
Old July 26th, 2004, 08:34 PM   #14
julix
Bad Email Address

Folks
Those may be fightin words!!!!!No I understand both sides but THOSE MAY BE FIGHTIN WORDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old July 26th, 2004, 08:43 PM   #15
Rowan
On Vacation...

Quote:
Folks
Those may be fightin words!!!!!No I understand both sides but THOSE MAY BE FIGHTIN WORDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL! ((((((((((Julix)))))))))))

my big complaint in the Empire Strikes back is the Ewoks I wanted a planet of Wookies like he initially planned I wanted a tougher less comedic/silly story and I have the same issue with Phantom menace I HATED!!! Jar Jar I don't want slapstick comedy. This is supposed to be an epic galactic tale of the fight between good and evil. The initial title captured my imagination Star Wars a WAR among people in a galaxy far far away fought on many planets. I want to feel the enormity and the implications of such a battle. I wanted it to be tough and gritty. I do love most of the humour in the initial trilogy the sarcastic wit was great but I can't abide the silliness of characters like Jar Jar it just kept distracting me and pulling me out of the story.

Hey we could use an olive branch smilie
Old July 26th, 2004, 08:52 PM   #16
julix
Bad Email Address

Rowan...
I love ya...you know I could never fight cha(especially after the gift of the triad pictures ) Here is the deal about JarJar. He is distracting and anoying...I think Lucas was trying to show that all living things have importance even the smallest ewok could help win freedom and even a silly backwards (not very smart) being could have the key to help....I understand ya!
Old July 26th, 2004, 09:09 PM   #17
Rowan
On Vacation...

Quote:
Rowan...
I love ya...you know I could never fight cha(especially after the gift of the triad pictures ) Here is the deal about JarJar. He is distracting and anoying...I think Lucas was trying to show that all living things have importance even the smallest ewok could help win freedom and even a silly backwards (not very smart) being could have the key to help....I understand ya!
She loves me "whew" I'm sure glad I found that pic!! LOL!
I remember him giving that explanation or one very similar to it about the Ewoks. I understood the rational and agree with the premise but just wasn't happy with the translation to screen.
Old July 26th, 2004, 09:13 PM   #18
julix
Bad Email Address

Rowan.....
Yes I agree the screen presentation(of JarJar) was not my first choice! I think even Lucas in retrospect has admitted that...the guy is not perfect(just like the rest of us LOL) but I have to hand it to him he does it his way with no interference. I wish we had that for BG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old July 27th, 2004, 12:38 PM   #19
bsg1fan1975
Major

heard on my local country station that it will be released may 19 of 2005

Cheese: [has tinfoil on his teeth] I have braces!
Mac: You found that on the ground, didn't you?
Cheese: Garbage can.
-episode "Mac Daddy"Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends"
bsg1fan1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2004, 01:10 PM   #20
Bijou88

I was hoping episode III would be called "The Painful Death Of Jar Jar Binks." But "Revenge of the Sith" works for me.
Old July 27th, 2004, 04:49 PM   #21
braxiss
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bijou88
I was hoping episode III would be called "The Painful Death Of Jar Jar Binks." But "Revenge of the Sith" works for me.

maybe even though it's not the title, the death of jar jar will still be in there
Old July 27th, 2004, 08:25 PM   #22
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Thanks Julix

Gee, and I thought it was gonna be called "Script Wars - yet another confusing script" or "Barney Does Jar-Jar"

Sorry, had to chime in with ya'all!!! :laugh:
I LOVED the original trilogy. The plots were extremely basic and easily understood and fantasized to. In stark contrast, I have NO IDEA what is going on in the latest two movies. Both scripts lost me after the first line of dialogue

I would much rather see the original stars in a sequel...

Anwho, THANKS Julix! Hope you love it!!!
Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2004, 08:41 PM   #23
julix
Bad Email Address

Muffit
I hear ya...If you want to ask questions I am here to humbly try to ease the confusion(if I can). I would have loved to see the original stars in a sequel but there again it was not on Lucas's agenda. There are a sereies of books that takes up where Return of the Jedi leaves off. My husband reads them and they are quite good-so he thinks. But there is nothing like seeing your heros on the big screen. SIGH..........I am thinking of BG of course!
Old July 28th, 2004, 03:21 AM   #24
bsg1fan1975
Major

one can only hope at least in Ep. 2 he was not in there as much as the first!

Cheese: [has tinfoil on his teeth] I have braces!
Mac: You found that on the ground, didn't you?
Cheese: Garbage can.
-episode "Mac Daddy"Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends"
bsg1fan1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2004, 08:52 AM   #25
Charybdis
Battlestar Callisto

I have to admit, that whole premise of Ep. I of the blockade and trade disputes was really uninspiring for a main plot. Although, of course, the special effects were neat...

At least I got the gist of Ep II and I liked it much better, but the original trilogy is the best...

Old July 28th, 2004, 12:14 PM   #26
julix
Bad Email Address

Well, as I see it the trade dispute was just a part of the emperor's grand plan to get to power and take control. That is how he became Chancelor and as we saw in episode two he uses JarJar to utimately get supreme power which is what he wanted all along.
Old July 29th, 2004, 10:03 AM   #27
Charybdis
Battlestar Callisto

What I don't understand is that if Amidala was going to vote against the creation of the Republic Army, why did Jar-Jar propose it?? If he was going to stand in for her, he should have gone along with her wishes, not his own!!!

Old July 29th, 2004, 11:44 AM   #28
Bijou88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charybdis
What I don't understand is that if Amidala was going to vote against the creation of the Republic Army, why did Jar-Jar propose it?? If he was going to stand in for her, he should have gone along with her wishes, not his own!!!

It's very simple. Jar Jar is an IDIOT! Lucas, what were you thinking when you created the most annoying, pointless character in the history of cinema?
Old July 29th, 2004, 12:17 PM   #29
julix
Bad Email Address

Jar Jar was manipulated by the emperor(then chancelor)so that he could get supreme power. He planted the seed in JarJar's head to call for the vote for emergency powers in a conversation he had before the vote. It went something like ...if only there were someone brave enough to pupose this resolution. This was in reference to Padme being gone and using her absence and JarJar need to be important. It was all part of the grand plan. He wanted the army so he could eventually get rid of the Jedi.
Old July 29th, 2004, 07:35 PM   #30
Charybdis
Battlestar Callisto

I think I have to rewatch AOTC...