Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > New Twists On Old Episodes
Notices
New Twists On Old Episodes Share views on what changes you would make
if YOU were remaking the Original Series episodes

Old May 11th, 2010, 10:26 PM   #91
KJ
Strike Leader

Default Re: Remastered BattleStar Galatica?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper
So, when asked flat out, you decline to State only Facts and proof. I asked for no arguement, I didn't ask for a recap of your opinion. I asked for the simple facts.

I have indeed followed this thread, and frankly, the reason I asked for these "facts" is simply cause you provided no facts. You have amply provided your opinion, and backed that up with other opinions that happened to support you. But there hasn't been a single FACT presented in this arguement. You are simply relying on being in the majority. that's fine.

But where you fail, is in the RESPECT aspect of any arguement.

It's a telling FACT that you are on shakey ground if you can't convince someone who SHARES your opinion, why he should support you.
HOLD ON. First off i don't share yours or Eric's opinion and i'm not asking you outright to follow or vouch for me. My ground is firm enough thank you. Thats your views right there not mine Reaper, and i'm not going to try to alter anybody's mind or bully anybody on here (thanks for that metaphor even if its incorrect about me though).

We were having a discussion and you got involved. But thats your views on how its gone so far and hence only that? But clearly it isn't the reality of the situation that was started on here Reaper. And since when should a "flat out decline" of anything you've asked me, be seen as weakness of anykind? , can't say holding a view of not engaging the 'tech' questions that Taranis and myself were talking about and matters of bringing up possible other avenues to take this in, could be in anyway shape or form be interpreted as a failure on anybody's behalf.

I told you in repsonce go re-read the thread. if you had done that you'd have examined the articles and posts made since last year, you failed to bring them up thus glazed over what was on the table already arguement wise.

Quote:
Why haven't I asked these same questions to Eric? the answer is simple. While he has argued against you, he has respected your side, and presented his agruement against. He's answered you point for point and made a compelling arguement to the contrary of your position. He has claimed no facts, and not belittled your opinion.
WRONG he has obviously belittled and usually does so, but this isn't about him nor am i going there again. But you can't deny the tone of this thread changed in his first posting (40# and 50#) and no certainly hasn't answered me point for point, but feel free to think so. Myself and everyone have made compelling arguements, if you're so honest, then say so and go about crediting everyone and all we've brought up and discussed on here since day one Matdaor started this topic!

Like i said if you read the earlier posts and you haven't? You'd know i agreed on one or two points Eric made before hand, not without some further harsh negativity from the other end of things in responce though. So quit the lack of respect angle, cos its lost here. You haven't exactly come in with bells on saying you disagreed with us, but love our passion for the thread/potential project etc etc etc.

Not taking credit for it, but this thread was dormant until i remember i said a few things i promised i'd get around to and wondered if i should take it up again and ask around (and i have?) Don't act like you had a more valid opinion implying you cared more matador thread, otherwise without DK, matador, Taranis myself and others you'd have been here for months already talking and reviving this thread without me and it'll been ongoing rather than be forgotten about.

Quote:
I do think we need to close this thread, move past what's been argued and start a new topic. The new one should be on topic and not include the debate on whether we should or shouldn't do it. but if we can, and how much can we do.
Wow, so don't actually start a thread, but jump in and after a few comments in a discussion/arguement that been going on since last year and ask for it to be closed suddenly. Gee why don't i do that, jump into other people's threads on CF and start arguments and ask for them to be close after a few heated barbs???

Weren't you just on about something called respect!!!

Arguing going on or not, i like this thread but its isn't mine and i've never claimed it neither. Its Matador's go take this up with him but don't disrespect him by asking for it to be closed at all. I don't go into thread where you and Eric hang out and ask for them to be closed, whether arguing going on or not. You think you say? I think your out of line*, its not your call nor should you be implying that scenario either.

I STAND behind that statement* 110% myself.

I really do dislike closing a thread, simply because a person cannot check his or her tongue, at the door. I trust the meaning of that remark is clear to all.

Oh i'm not going to ruin it for anybody, i came back here to restart a passion and asked Matador in 'private' if he still was interested in his old thread. So while i'm a brutally honest person, i can stay away from arguing when i know the roundabout circle of opinions clogs up a place and i'm better than that. And i won't address whomever i feel is trying to change the tone again. But i just felt Matdaor thread is one of this BG fanbases potential **diamonds in the rough** that should garner more attention.

That attention can do without any foolish ignorance far as i'm concerned. And alot of what Taranis has brought up was fasinating things getting my imagination going.

Don't close anything BST. Allow Matador or Taranis to continue this thread without me if need be. And i'll get back to them once we've debated my list elsewhere's for the discussion on here.

Thank you!

KJ
Old May 11th, 2010, 10:38 PM   #92
Matador
Viper Pilot

Wow... I was just reading some of the posts... I didn't realize I started such a fire storm and I'm really sorry about that.

I just wanted to share an idea I had... Didn't mean for it to get all heated up. My bad.

I haven't really spent much time reading all the posts on this thread... I just wanted to post some updates.

I'll continue to work on my little project. Hope to continue to hear from you all... I've appreciated some of the great emails and response to my animation. Thanks

I do hope to meet Mr. Larson some day... For I admire his work, idea, and concept... I've always dreamed that I could chat with him some morning over a cup of coffee. Anything is possible... I just hope to follow in his foot steps and produce my own sci-fi show some day.

Cheers all.
Matador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2010, 01:39 AM   #93
gmd3d
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matador View Post
Wow... I was just reading some of the posts... I didn't realize I started such a fire storm and I'm really sorry about that.

I just wanted to share an idea I had... Didn't mean for it to get all heated up. My bad.

I haven't really spent much time reading all the posts on this thread... I just wanted to post some updates.

I'll continue to work on my little project. Hope to continue to hear from you all... I've appreciated some of the great emails and response to my animation. Thanks

I do hope to meet Mr. Larson some day... For I admire his work, idea, and concept... I've always dreamed that I could chat with him some morning over a cup of coffee. Anything is possible... I just hope to follow in his foot steps and produce my own sci-fi show some day.

Cheers all.
no worries mate .. this happens from time to time and that´s no bad thing either.

as to the other suggestion fixing up the image via photoshop etc I don´t at present have time but I would like to start modeling the Galactica myself but that won´t be for a while until my present Trek project is wrapped up.

I posted an image showing one of the elements that reduces to quality of the shows impact for me.

its there to view .. I have a large screen TV now and on that it looks as bad in case some wants to suggest it could be my monitor .. so I checked last night if my monitor is at fault.

This is the last observation I am going to make on this and its something that Eric and like minded members are thinking

it is this

with all due respect to your position

1. do you think future generations will accept BSG in it current condition as a going concern and completely watch-able show in say another 10 years time.
and who knows where technology will be then.

2. and given that younger viewers are bombarded with more modern visuals effect films and tv shows.

and lets be honest most modern films / tv are filmed around special effects now and the characters are secondary importance.

you watch them and forget them ..... BSG has survived because the story and the Characters are interesting and fun and Entertaining!!!!!

I think the position that I am have and KJ is that we feel to give BSG an extend life on the video and sales shelves the effects which is apart of the story as they make the story believable??!! . when the Effect fail as I think they are in BSG.

I understand and respect your views for keeping things as they are. bottom line is keep the current quality and you hurt the future for the original BSG .. I firmly believe this. and I would like to see it on TV and DVD shelves for a long time to come in the future.

"The world is my country, science my religion.”
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2010, 05:39 AM   #94
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matador

Matador,

Please don't apologize. I relish these types of conversations and I would like to see this site have more of them. A good-natured debate, complete with well-thought arguments is what this place is all about. We don't learn much if we all have the same opinion. That's why I don't have a problem with the topic being debated and would actually like to see more 'meaty' discussions like this taking place.

Where I, or any of the Staff, have to be concerned is when the conversation starts drifting away from the topic and toward the person posting the remarks. That's something that we won't tolerate and is typically where a warning will be 'issued'. Hence, the little siesta that this thread received, over the past weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ
Don't close anything BST. Allow Matador or Taranis to continue this thread without me if need be. And i'll get back to them once we've debated my list elsewhere's for the discussion on here.

Jason,

I have no intention to close this thread, as long as what I said in the above paragraph is kept in mind. Like I said, having different opinions is what makes life interesting and we'd be a pretty boring lot if we all shared exactly the same opinion about everything. Please continue to share your thoughts.

Now, does anyone have answers to my questions in the above post?

You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2010, 07:32 AM   #95
Reaper
Warrior ACE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BST View Post
Now, I have several questions.

Except for updating the master copy of the Galactica shows on a medium more durable than currently being used, why is it necessary to "update" the originals with new footage?

When "updating" the original scene with what you "think it should look like" or "want it to look like", isn't that the same as "re-imagining" that particular scene?

We all know how others who "re-imagined" things named Galactica were vilified so, will we be doing that to ourselves as well?
The bottom line to your first question is simply, it doesn't "HAVE" to be done. Even with the Reused SFX, the show stands on it's own. If it didn't, we wouldn't be here right now. There wouldn't be the following that there is, and we might be talking about Buck Rogers, or Flash Gordon. Galactica, as it was presented to us, is GOOD TV. The limitations of tech and money at the time required the reuse of the Permiere's SFX in the show, so that's what we got. But the thing to remember is the Story was told by the actors, not the SFX. And that, other then restoring the QUality of the prints, should not be changed.

To answer your second question, If we were to update these special effects, I think the main goal, that some people are supoporting here, is to add a uniqueness to every space battle. Change establishing shots, make every battle different. Just add Variety to the SFX. Where it "needs" it the most is in the Movie version of "Mission Galactica" where they reuse the Footage of the Galactica (and Fleet) going through the Nova of Madigon to protray the Pegasus moving through a Cylon Minefield. Or in Living Legand, the reuse of the Fog hidden Frieghters from Saga for the 2 Cylon tankers.

In a way this is Reimagining the series, but the idea is to better highlight the acting of the Cast with unique SFX for them.

As you get more into restoring deleted footage and possibly inserting in dropped subplots, then you need to ask yourself more and more if we should do this.

My desire, in supporting these "fan Edits" would be to compliment, not replace the originals. I love David Kerin's fan edits, The work of one man, who obviously loves the show as it was, and wants to put new highlights into the work. If we could get more people working on the same project, we could refine that work to "broadcast quailty" and try to present it to more fans.

That's how I would answer your Questions BST.

Classic fan, and die hard!
Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2010, 07:33 AM   #96
gmd3d
Major

Quote:

Now, I have several questions.

Except for updating the master copy of the Galactica shows on a medium more durable than currently being used, why is it necessary to "update" the originals with new footage?

When "updating" the original scene with what you "think it should look like" or "want it to look like", isn't that the same as "re-imagining" that particular scene?

We all know how others who "re-imagined" things named Galactica were vilified so, will we be doing that to ourselves as well?

But, I feel that it is simply an indication of what can be done, not necessarily what should be done.
I think that some of the problem here is that we all have different ideas of what updating could mean ...

For me I look at it in a few ways or possible approaches that can be done.

1st. A straight clean up and enhancement of what there already is possibly the most agreeable to every one.. for example the last DVD set looks as it there was an attempt to enhance it.. for me it was let down.

if you see the screen capture I posted you can see the model arm and that awful glowing around the ship.. that should not be there ..

2nd. Removing the old effects and either film it with the original models (possibly very few would be still available) using more modern techniques to show off the models and effect to the fullest staying as close to the original camera angles as possible.

esp the Vipers landing that shows the scale a lot better of the hanger and other aspects of the internal lay out if possible.

3rd. same as number 2 but doing it in CGI and attempt to clean up the original to reflect the more modern filming standards and keeping the camera angles as close to the original as possible.

4th. Cgi keeping as above (3rd) but adding some tweaks to expand the experience. ie close ups of Vipers and other craft operating around the Battlestar, Cgi the hanger bay having crew men working around it as Vipers land etc.

showing laser placements and not having the laser look as if there coming from the same place all the time

5th. Cgi completely expand the look and feel as much as possible new camera angles ... that´s all I can thing of at the moment

Quote:
if we take say option (3rd) using the same camera angles using say CGI staying as true to the original as possible giving due care to what's all ready done giving better scaling for objects ....... I think this would keep the all happy about it.

the film-makers themselves made visual cheats to deal with time restraints would it not be great to see it as they would have like to have done it.

personally I like watching the reworked Star Wars trilogy... more than the original due to the improvements to the quality of the new effect . (things I don´t like its the tampering with some aspect of the live action..( ie Han Solos shooting second in the Cantina But I like where he is running down the hall screaming after some storm trooper and then he faces a whole platoon of troopers .. )

Old May 12th, 2010, 08:03 AM   #97
Matador
Viper Pilot

Cool Re: Remastered BattleStar Galatica?

Well my thoughts regarding this are that a Blue-ray release of the Original BSG would include the original, untouched versions of the show.

But would also include a remastered version... Cleaned up, color corrected, with a few (not a lot), but a few dynamic scenes added. Especially the battle scenes with Vipers and Raiders.

I watched an interview with Larson once and he at the time wished more could have been added, but due to budget and time constraints (getting a weekly show created) caused them to rush a few things. Hence the reuse of those awesome special effects. Over and over again. Many of them only lasting but a few seconds... I remember the actors discussing how they would have to carefully speak their dialog, because they only had a few seconds before the EFX scene in background would run out.

I too love the original shots, models, and external scenes... "I do know" that if Larson was able to do what he really wanted, the scenes would have been much more dynamic.

I just would love to see the show cleaned up to it's original state. The most effecient way would be digitally.

I agree that I wouldn't want to go overboard with new efx or scenes...

But the benefit would be to have both, the original untouched and remastered on a blue-ray edition.

Bottom line is that you don't have to watch it if you don't like it.
Matador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2010, 08:14 AM   #98
gmd3d
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matador View Post
Well my thoughts regarding this are that a Blue-ray release of the Original BSG would include the original, untouched versions of the show.

But would also include a remastered version... Cleaned up, color corrected, with a few (not a lot), but a few dynamic scenes added. Especially the battle scenes with Vipers and Raiders.

I watched an interview with Larson once and he at the time wished more could have been added, but due to budget and time constraints (getting a weekly show created) caused them to rush a few things. Hence the reuse of those awesome special effects. Over and over again. Many of them only lasting but a few seconds... I remember the actors discussing how they would have to carefully speak their dialog, because they only had a few seconds before the EFX scene in background would run out.

I too love the original shots, models, and external scenes... "I do know" that if Larson was able to do what he really wanted, the scenes would have been much more dynamic.

I just would love to see the show cleaned up to it's original state. The most effecient way would be digitally.

But the benefit would be to have both, the original untouched and remastered on a blue-ray edition.

Bottom line is that you don't have to watch it if you don't like it.

First I don´t know even if I said hi to you Matador..or even welcomed you aboard .. so I will do it now ............."Hi and Welcome aboard"

I agree with you on this .... it would be better to have it than not to have it
I personally done believe it will come from the studios as they lack the vision for BSG anyway ..... I read the same thing years ago about Larson wish to have had time to have more effects done

but they where always fighting time .. the enemy for all TV and to a lesser extent films....

it is my thinking that this has not dawned on Larson himself or perhaps it has.. I don´t know .. hell he even may have approached the studios with the idea after seen star wars and the studio said sod off ......

to ensure a commercial future for the classic Galactica something should be done .. that is my thinking .

time will tell

but by then it will perhaps be to late to do anything as KJ mentioned film stock does not last even Lucas had some difficulties.

Old May 12th, 2010, 11:56 AM   #99
KJ
Strike Leader

If its alright to respond then!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matador
Well my thoughts regarding this are that a Blue-ray release of the Original BSG would include the original, untouched versions of the show*.

But would also include a remastered version... Cleaned up, color corrected, with a few (not a lot), but a few dynamic scenes added. Especially the battle scenes with Vipers and Raiders*.

So with you on these shared thoughts*! But i won't reiterate them yet again ad nauseam for the sake of going around in circles etc.

Think thats been made quite clear more than enough. Whats bugging us is that we're aren't moving forward from that statement from the opposing-side, think our thoughts on the matter required something like an 'outline' and have each restoration idea and concept examined as a flowchart of certain elements that needs addressing as such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taranis
This is the last observation I am going to make on this and its something that Eric and like minded members are thinking

it is this

with all due respect to your position

1. do you think future generations will accept BSG in it current condition as a going concern and completely watch-able show in say another 10 years time.
and who knows where technology will be then.

2. and given that younger viewers are bombarded with more modern visuals effect films and tv shows.

and lets be honest most modern films / tv are filmed around special effects now and the characters are secondary importance.

you watch them and forget them ..... BSG has survived because the story and the Characters are interesting and fun and Entertaining!!!!!

Exactly what needs to be necessitated quite soon if what we're fearing in terms of the negatives being in a poor state after so long. I look forward to and certainly wish, somebody who was involved with the production comes up; ala 'Steve Sansweet' does for Lucasfilm and says much more footage was filmed but wasn't aired etc. Or that the process of restoring such elements for Battlestar Galactica is possible and it isn't too late.

Quote:
to ensure a commercial future for the classic Galactica something should be done .. that is my thinking
YES THANK THE LORDS!! we're on the same page!

Er... we're not putting words in each others mouths but i'm just excited in how Taranis phrased all that is all!

Akin to Star Trek Remastered that what truly needs to come about and happen for the Battlestar Galactica fanbase. Heck that why i think so many fan projects exist on the net, because they chance all that legal mumbo-jumbo and try doing so themselves!

So here are some examples we could learn from in terms of how the comparison would be if the Blu-Ray offering gave us the Original & Remastered version on a disc. Shot by shot and minor changes that doesn't alter the story one bit, but definitely give a different perspective of the same action taking place.

Side By Side Comparison of Star Trek Errand Of Mercy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-VOM...eature=related

Star Trek Side By Side Comparison of A Piece Of The Action

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=camqh...eature=related

Tribbles BAR FIGHT Side-by-Side Comparison

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6KGO...eature=related

COMPARISON-The Tholian Web

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l44X...eature=related

Further examples to come? Not all Trek related ones neither

KJ
Old May 12th, 2010, 12:50 PM   #100
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

(Edited hokum deleted)
"They hate us with every fiber of their being. We love....freedom, independence, the right to question. To them it is an alien way of living."-The non-myopic wisdom of Commander Adama, "Saga Of A Star World"

"How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."-Ronald Reagan
Eric Paddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2010, 01:13 PM   #101
gmd3d
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ View Post

Akin to Star Trek Remastered that what truly needs to come about and happen for the Battlestar Galactica fanbase. Heck that why i think so many fan projects exist on the net, because they chance all that legal mumbo-jumbo and try doing so themselves!

So here are some examples we could learn from in terms of how the comparison would be if the Blu-Ray offering gave us the Original & Remastered version on a disc. Shot by shot and minor changes that doesn't alter the story one bit, but definitely give a different perspective of the same action taking place.

KJ
it is a good way to also place the TOS BSG back into the collective minds and those that where introduced to BSG by the new show. effect wise with new audiences there is no comparison ,, Effects wise . ( I am not starting a GINO debate here just a observation )

If as Larson was saying on a recent interview I saw on the web (link post here some where ) that he has a new BSG movie in the work (we can hope)

it will also have new effect and I am almost 99 % sure it will be CGI ..
giving the classics a fresh look would be a solid idea too..

hopefully attracting new younger fans now watching SW and such more adventures of a different nature. with stories as deep and as rich as any currently out there..

Old May 12th, 2010, 02:11 PM   #102
KJ
Strike Leader

Seriously Paddon stop being a nuance to everybody with your garbage as its getting beyond ridiculous now.

I have no desire to keep this particular bit of the conversation going

Yes you do hence your still at it. Have the strength of character to walk away if you don't want to address it anymore. After that last bit i'm quite sure i don't have to respond, and i don't reckon even BST will let that "lie remark" slide neither.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Paddon
The unpleasantness originated with you
Wrong again pal, since you've been on here you've been nothing but vindictive and ignorant with remarks and opinions towards me and in general your a pain to deal with anyways. While i've been posting from the beginning (OR DID YOU MISS THAT BLATANT FACTOID) hello? I've stated for the record, that i won't ruin it for anybody on here after BST comments, and i won't so i'll let Taranis and folks handle the comments until the discussion bears some wild imagination from as many members as possible who want to get involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Paddon
I will not react passively.

Oh really! Take this nonsense elsewhere's we don't need it on here. Least i was genuinely annoyed by your attitude, now your coming out with threatening behavior. See if anybody sides with you now?

But how nice of you to direct that at me after BST warning though?

Moving on...

Quote:
If as Larson was saying on a recent interview I saw on the web (link post here some where ) that he has a new BSG movie in the work (we can hope)
Do you mean this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6vc0...layer_embedded

Quote:
it is a good way to also place the TOS BSG back into the collective minds and those that where introduced to BSG by the new show. effect wise with new audiences there is no comparison ,, Effects wise . ( I am not starting a GINO debate here just a observation )
Right with the drive and passion behind it with the right crew it'll be something to regain some new recognition for the franchise!

Far as supporting your arguments Taranis, while different from ST Remastered Space 2099 is also journeying into that realm or enhancements so it too falls into this catagory of ours.

Hope its helpful as a example point and further pushes your viewpoints out there.

http://www.space2099.tv/video/video_05.htm

More to come

KJ
Old May 12th, 2010, 02:19 PM   #103
KJ
Strike Leader

P.S. Love Larson's interview, man's got sense. I certainly wish him well attempting do Galactica as a movie, and if he's that aware of the fanbase split hope he is also aware of the passion we've got for the series as of today!

KJ
Old May 12th, 2010, 02:20 PM   #104
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ View Post
Seriously Paddon stop being a nuance to everybody with your garbage as its getting beyond ridiculous now.
Being a "nuance"? Not a very well-nuanced sentence!

Quote:
Yes you do hence your still at it. Have the strength of character to walk away if you don't want to address it anymore.
What a laugh, coming from the person who AFTER there was a moderator's comment about not getting personal then chose to extend the middle finger to that because he just felt like it. If hypocrisy were an Olympic event, you'd have a gold medal by now. And you then choose to keep unloading your crap aimed at me not even in response to posts I made but so you could keep lying about the nature of my initial posts in your discussions with others. I made posts about a POV that was relevant to the issue and was having a civil discussion. You chose to be petty and vindictive because you evidently have a hang-up regarding a contrary POV on this subject and you've then chosen to perpetuate things with more hit jobs and more lies regarding my posts and my character. That is the definition of a disgrace.

*****Wrong again pal, since you've been on here you've been nothing but vindictive and ignorant with remarks and opinions towards me and in general your a pain to deal with anyways. *****

Thank you for that telling admission that it's personal grudges you harbored beforehand that made you decide to engage in a hit job instead of a conversation that Reaper, Taranis etc. were able to do.
"They hate us with every fiber of their being. We love....freedom, independence, the right to question. To them it is an alien way of living."-The non-myopic wisdom of Commander Adama, "Saga Of A Star World"

"How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."-Ronald Reagan
Eric Paddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2010, 02:23 PM   #105
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly Warrior
The Lone Wolf

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDOwner:
Colonial Fleets
3D Gladiators
Former Webmaster:
BattlestarGalactica.com
RichardHatch.com
GreatWarofMagellan.com
Web Tech:
LauretteSpang.com
DirkBenedictCentral.com
TombsofKobol.com

Knock it off, both of you!
"Legends never die... They just get new Captains."
"Respect the past. It brought you the present."
Darrell Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2010, 02:29 PM   #106
KJ
Strike Leader

Knock what off exactly Warrior? Did you see my last P.S. post or not.

Like i said, i'll be back when Taranis and others continue on without me, i'm big enough to leave it. Let Paddon hang himself cos he doing quite fine without me as we speak. But i've clearly moved on, so mind saying it as it is rather than drawn me back in with him. And go and address his nonsense, not me.

Thank you!

KJ
Old May 12th, 2010, 02:38 PM   #107
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly Warrior
The Lone Wolf

Colonial Fleets
3D Gladiators
Former Webmaster:
BattlestarGalactica.com
RichardHatch.com
GreatWarofMagellan.com
Web Tech:
LauretteSpang.com
DirkBenedictCentral.com
TombsofKobol.com

I'm addressing BOTH of you. Do NOT reply to each other in this thread, period. It takes two to tango, and you're one of them.
Old May 12th, 2010, 02:43 PM   #108
KJ
Strike Leader

And i'm addressing you right back, get your facts right when its bloody obvious the guy's just doesn't get it!

Watch each and every post regardless if i'm tangoing, i kinda got pulled onto the dance floor here, o.k.

KJ
Old May 12th, 2010, 02:57 PM   #109
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly Warrior
The Lone Wolf

Colonial Fleets
3D Gladiators
Former Webmaster:
BattlestarGalactica.com
RichardHatch.com
GreatWarofMagellan.com
Web Tech:
LauretteSpang.com
DirkBenedictCentral.com
TombsofKobol.com

You replied to him, KJ... AFTER a Moderator had came in and ave a time out.

Do not respond to me. Just move on in your discussion. Period.
Old May 12th, 2010, 03:26 PM   #110
KJ
Strike Leader

Yeah and after said Moderator came in, LOOK at what he's allowed to put down so aggressively! And don't make the situation much worse, by saying we're both tango-ing. Please? If anything i've actually DID move on and engaged in the conversation present with comments and link requests, but soon as he's on the 4th page with us once more he drags the topics down with him and the outright "tone", of the place changes once more!

I might be responding, but not to the detriment of others on purpose, whereas he can't control his actions or 'mouth'.

So please do yourselves a real huge favor and acknowledge that fact rather than running from it, each time he bounces in here! Saying 'two to tango' is hardly a mature way of addressing anything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior
Do not respond to me. Just move on in your discussion. Period
Don't respond to me either then!!! Cos you're gonna go with him anyways despite his garbage. Nah! LOOK i'm out period. In the meantime i'm gone o.k., cos i can see where this is obviously going. And i DID move on, pity for some they just can't let it go or acknowledge his disruptive actions everytime he's in here.

Taranis & Matador wishing you well my friends!

You have my blessing in whatever you'll bring up on here! PM if you want anything on those links and articles we've chatted about.

KJ
Old May 12th, 2010, 03:29 PM   #111
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly Warrior
The Lone Wolf

Colonial Fleets
3D Gladiators
Former Webmaster:
BattlestarGalactica.com
RichardHatch.com
GreatWarofMagellan.com
Web Tech:
LauretteSpang.com
DirkBenedictCentral.com
TombsofKobol.com

KJ, enjoy your vacation. YOU do not tell the OWNER of the site what to do. Your OWN behavior is what is getting you this.

3 days.
Old May 12th, 2010, 04:19 PM   #112
Reaper
Warrior ACE!

BST, I know a couple of us have now answered the questions for you, but if I may ask, what are your feelings on the issue?

Concider it me asking you the same questions if you like

Old May 12th, 2010, 05:49 PM   #113
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Quote:

BST, I know a couple of us have now answered the questions for you, but if I may ask, what are your feelings on the issue?

Concider it me asking you the same questions if you like .
Thanks, Reaper. I'd love to share some thougts about this.

In response to this first question, I would say that I'm against selectively updating the originals with new footage because I don't like the idea of updating canon. I think that such updates may change the dynamic of the show.

This question was a definite poke at what was done with another show called Galactica, produced by the SciFi channel. The uproar, here and elsewhere in the TOS world, about the re-imagining was my primary motivation in posing this question. Does the wish for these so-called "updates" equate to "re-imagining" and do we now think that it's ok since we're the ones championing the idea? Personally, I think that it does, especially if it involves the use of scenes that can change the tone and dynamic of the show and also if it involves new scenes, dialogue, etc. It's like re-writing history.

I believe that we would be "birds of a feather" with Ron Moore.
Sleep now
They are calling

Old May 12th, 2010, 06:16 PM   #114
Reaper
Warrior ACE!

now that I read your answers, I do believe we talked about this on another forum. the BSG Club I believe.

I do see where you're coming from and understand the feeling. As I've told Eric off the forums, I do respect that opinion, but for me, I think we could still respect the source material and highlight some changes.

thanks for answering And yes, I did see where you were going with the GINO references there

Old May 12th, 2010, 10:08 PM   #115
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

Eric will also be getting a vacation for editing a mod.

Jewels

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2010, 01:32 AM   #116
gmd3d
Major

Quote:
Thanks, Reaper. I'd love to share some thougts about this.

In response to this first question, I would say that I'm against selectively updating the originals with new footage because I don't like the idea of updating canon. I think that such updates may change the dynamic of the show.

This question was a definite poke at what was done with another show called Galactica, produced by the SciFi channel. The uproar, here and elsewhere in the TOS world, about the re-imagining was my primary motivation in posing this question. Does the wish for these so-called "updates" equate to "re-imagining" and do we now think that it's ok since we're the ones championing the idea? Personally, I think that it does, especially if it involves the use of scenes that can change the tone and dynamic of the show and also if it involves new scenes, dialogue, etc. It's like re-writing history.

I believe that we would be "birds of a feather" with Ron Moore.
Hi BST . the only scenes that I am think of updating are visuals effects scene , no single scene with an actor in it would be changed dialogue or other wise. only visually enhanced so that it will be persevered for a future if it need it.

updating the effects would have no baring of the over all story only in a visual sense and would not, in my mind change the over all impact of the show, save for the new clearer effects

its my personal conviction that it will only help and insuring its future ..

again I will say that the Visual effects are not standing the test of time, while still exciting (if used to much in the Series)

younger viewers now are been brought up on current shows .. (insert name here) are looking at modern visuals which are clear and are for the most part exciting. watching it once would possibly no impact on some one seeing it for the first time. but we all have watched it many times ...

and it the subsequent viewing are the test now for shows .... they never thought like in other shows about future DVDS and other High Definition hard ware etc.

Will our classic show stand up to that in the years to come ...... while the stories and the characters are always watchable and entertaining.

I cannot say the effects that help to drive the show (its is sci-fi after all.) are not holding up well ....... and thus shortening the battlestar shelf and sales life.

younger Viewers demand more now I think ......

what surprised me is the resistance to the idea, even if the new shots where done the same either with the same models or cgi (as much as possible).

Old May 13th, 2010, 02:31 AM   #117
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly Warrior
The Lone Wolf

Colonial Fleets
3D Gladiators
Former Webmaster:
BattlestarGalactica.com
RichardHatch.com
GreatWarofMagellan.com
Web Tech:
LauretteSpang.com
DirkBenedictCentral.com
TombsofKobol.com

^^^What he said^^^
Old May 13th, 2010, 06:15 AM   #118
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Well, truth be known, there are actually a scene or two that I think could be "improved" but, I just don't like getting too comfortable with the idea of updating canon. ( I absolutely do NOT like when 'updates' are made like the one in Return of the Jedi, at the celebration, where Hayden Christiansen's "spirit" image replaced that of Sebastian Shaw. )

The one scene that I think could be harmlessly updated and actually improve the overall sequence is the final assualt on the 2 base ships by the Pegasus. My suggestion for an improvement would be to actually insert footage of the missiles, on a trajectory toward the base ships, and to also clean up the laser shots.

Another would be the shield effect, projected from the Galactica, during the missile launches by the Terrans and the Eastern Alliance. That "blue thing" has always looked a little hokey to me.
Sleep now
They are calling

Old May 13th, 2010, 06:32 AM   #119
Reaper
Warrior ACE!

BST, that's most, if not all I'd want to change. I made a few other suggestons earlier of effects taht I'd change as well.

I did say that I wouldn't support changing any dialog, or the acting scenes themselves. That is the core of Each show and that Core is what made us all fans.

And I HATE the replacement of Shaw at the end of Jedi. It's a HUGE mistake.

Old May 13th, 2010, 06:37 AM   #120
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper View Post
BST, that's most, if not all I'd want to change. I made a few other suggestons earlier of effects taht I'd change as well.

I did say that I wouldn't support changing any dialog, or the acting scenes themselves. That is the core of Each show and that Core is what made us all fans.

And I HATE the replacement of Shaw at the end of Jedi. It's a HUGE mistake.
[yoda on]Ah, smart cookie, you are.......In agreement, I am.[yoda off]

Sleep now
They are calling