Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Miscellaneous Entertainment
Notices
Miscellaneous Entertainment Talk about any other shows not covered by other forums.

Old July 29th, 2004, 08:51 PM   #31
The 14th Colony
Strike Leader

Quote:
What I don't understand is that if Amidala was going to vote against the creation of the Republic Army, why did Jar-Jar propose it?? If he was going to stand in for her, he should have gone along with her wishes, not his own!!!
Sure Amidala was dead set against the Republic having an army because she was sure that it would provoke the Seperatists into war. But it became obvious toward the end of the film that the Seperatists wanted war anyway; that war was unavoidable. When the new Clone army showed up in the nick of time to save her butt and that of the surviving Jedi in the arena, she didn't say, "No, no, this isn't right, we should talk not fight", she fought alongside the army that she had opposed (though she hadn't known about any clone army when she returned to Coruscant for the vote.) Likewise, it was clear to the senators in Palpatine's office after hearing Obi-Wan's report that war was unavoidable, that the Seperatists were preparing to attack the Republic. So it was just as clear to Jar Jar that at that point war was necessary.

If reincarnation is real, I want to come back as a bowling ball...because that's how I roll.

My Creativity:
https://www.facebook.com/legoshine
My Writing Page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/InSpi...47884321946870
The 14th Colony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2004, 09:01 PM   #32
The 14th Colony
Strike Leader

Quote:
I have to admit, that whole premise of Ep. I of the blockade and trade disputes was really uninspiring for a main plot. Although, of course, the special effects were neat...

At least I got the gist of Ep II and I liked it much better, but the original trilogy is the best...
Quote:
Well, as I see it the trade dispute was just a part of the emperor's grand plan to get to power and take control. That is how he became Chancelor and as we saw in episode two he uses JarJar to utimately get supreme power which is what he wanted all along.
Yes, yes, to Julix you listen! The cave, remember your...never mind the cave. Funny thing is, during tonight's speech by John Kerry, he made a statement about when he is president, he won't let the government be run by big corporations, and I immediately recalled the Trade Federation and the corrupt Galactic Senate.

If reincarnation is real, I want to come back as a bowling ball...because that's how I roll.

My Creativity:
My Writing Page:
Old July 30th, 2004, 07:21 AM   #33
julix
Bad Email Address

It is funny how politicans and coruptness go hand in hand...in fact when you hear some would be politican give the "I am just a regular guy" speech it makes you wonder. For example here in Colorado Pete Coors is running for office(I can't remember which) and says we do not need another "politican" in the senate(or whatever) elect me. Of course he is a big bussiness man and heir(one of them ) to the Coors fortune. I am sure grew up with way more advantages then most of us here .......anyway you get my drift. I am not speaking about where some of these people stand on the issues just thought it was interesting. Many people can't handle the power..............Darth"If you only knew the POWER"
julix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2004, 08:40 AM   #34
PlaidSquadron
Bad Email Address

I am looking forward to the Revenge of the Sith (and I like the name too)

But it should be a real down movie. It has to end with the creation of Vader, the destruction of the Jedi and the rise of the Emperor. That is the trouble with presenting the story out of order. Its like watching a movie about WWII and ending it when Hitler takes power. You know its going to end all right, but I really don't see how this movie can be "uplifting"
PlaidSquadron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2004, 09:04 AM   #35
Charybdis
Battlestar Callisto

Yup. It sure is not going to be uplifting, unless the last scenes are of the twin babies, Luke and Leia, then you know that all will be right in the end...

I don't know, although it won't be uplifting knowing all these things will pass, you have to admit that the power of the story in this case does work with this kind of "impending doom" ending...

http://bscallisto.proboards.com/index.cgi
Charybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2004, 10:54 AM   #36
julix
Bad Email Address

It is true that Episode III will be very dark...Lucas has warned the fans of this. As far as the order Lucas did the films in, it was because A New Hope was the most marketable film that he could get done. He really couldn't have done another other one movie in 1977. He had no way, nor did anyone have of knowing how sucessful it would be. That is why he got to get control of the whole franchise(because of the money it made) and go ahead and do episode 5 and 6. Then of course he went back and did prequels because everyone wanted to know how Anakin became Vader and how the Jedi were wiped out etc.......and he wanted to tell those stories. He claims when this is done he is done with Star Wars and is moving on..............
Old July 30th, 2004, 11:22 AM   #37
Bijou88

It is a bummer that Lucas has abandoned his original plans for 9 Star Wars movies. It feels like all of us fans were mugged out of three movies!
Old July 30th, 2004, 12:09 PM   #38
PlaidSquadron
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charybdis
Yup. It sure is not going to be uplifting, unless the last scenes are of the twin babies, Luke and Leia, then you know that all will be right in the end...
I think it would be wrong to end with that shot. If you think of the 6 movies as one story, then the recognition in Empire, where Yoda says "there is another one" of the revelation in Jedi that Luke and Leia are related becomes minimized.

I think it will end with a pregnant Amadalla (sorry for the spelling) and Aniken thinking he will have a son. Amadalla may even tell him as much, with an aid saying something like "aren't you going to tell the truth?" That way the following movies (which we have already seen) still has a "twist" when viewed in the correct order
PlaidSquadron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2004, 12:37 PM   #39
julix
Bad Email Address

Plaidsquadron............

It is hard to know how Lucas will end it of course...but there is debate as to whether Anakin/Vader ever knew he had children. Certainly, he never knew about Leia and says as much as he tells Luke "You have a sister, Obi-one was wise to hide her from me" In A new Hope he never mentions Luke as his son...the debate goes...he may have put it together after trying to figure out who the one was that destroyed the death star and why the force was strong with him. Or perhaps Padme does tell "Anakin" but when he falls to the dark side into Vader all the good in him gone(well untill Luke confronts him) he no longer remembers....It will be interesting to see. I also want to see how she turns to Bail Organa for help, which we know is the person Leia refers to as father.
Old July 30th, 2004, 03:44 PM   #40
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Most likely, the show will lead up to the conclusion with the death of Padme and her death will push Anakin "over the edge" and begin his journey to the Dark Side. I would suspect the actual "end scenes" to show Anakin being outfitted as Vader (with Palpatine smiling in the background) and Obi-Wan spiriting away Luke and Leia.
You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2004, 06:54 PM   #41
julix
Bad Email Address

BST..........
That is likely...but Leia does tell Luke when he asks about their mother, that she was allways sad(or something like that) which leads me to believe Padme dies when Leia is at least 4 or 5. My daughter is five and remembers somethings from 4. I guess she could remember things earlier since she is force sensitive. It has also long been thought "anakin" gets fitted with Vader suit after his fight with Obi-one when he falls in the acid vat and is horribly disfigured.
Old July 30th, 2004, 07:09 PM   #42
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Interesting, Julix. Another possibility is that Leia's sadness is from not knowing her mother. I'm not familiar with Anakin's fall into the acid vat -- I've only followed SW through the films. Was that from a novel and is it considered "canon"?
You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2004, 01:44 AM   #43
The 14th Colony
Strike Leader

BST, only some of the serious spoiler hounds know for sure at this point what Anakin falls into in the movie, but it has been known for many years that he falls into a volcano...or does he? Waaaa-aaay back in 1977 after Star Wars became a hit, several fans like myself read in Starlog magazine that Vader suffered his burns and disfigurement when at the end of a duel with Obi-Wan, he fell into lava. I don't remember if the Return of the Jedi novel verified or disputed that, but for all these years I've known that Lucas originally determined that the duel would take place atop an active volcano and that Vader survived a fall into lava. However, from a reality perspective, how could anyone survive even a mere moment emersed in melted rock? So I don't think that it will be lava, though lava is what many fans have expected it to be for all these years, and after the droid factory scene in AOTC, I speculated that it would be in such a factory that Vader would be severely burnt. But who knows yet? Lava, acid, melted steel? All I know for sure is that I can't wait for May 19, 2005. I already know too much about the next movie and after spoiling myself for the last 3 episodes I had vowed to remain spoiler free for this one. Shows you how weak I am. Maybe I'll go to a hypnotist before seeing Revenge of the Sith to have him erase from my memory everything that I know about the film so I'll be surprised.

My Creativity:
My Writing Page:
Old July 31st, 2004, 05:45 AM   #44
julix
Bad Email Address

14th colony....It is funny you are trying to remain spoiler free, my hubby is doing the same thing(not me). Although being a SW fan and being on the boards he gets some info anyway not as much as we both did for the last two movies. I read the book for episode two before the movie because I was tempted by the dark side!!!Ha Ha.The book is very good by the way. I have actually never heard the valcano story, I have always heard it was lava. BST It is not from a book that I know of, just a common belief amongst fans...if you guys look you can see pictures that Rowan posted that look like Hayden and it looks like he had fallen in something. 14th let me know how the hypnotism goes..........
Old August 2nd, 2004, 08:14 AM   #45
Charybdis
Battlestar Callisto

I do have a bit of news about the revealing of Luke to Vader. Supposedly, in the Special Special Edition of the trilogy that will be released on DVD this September, the scene in Empire STrikes Back where Vader talks to the Emperor aboard his Star Destroyer has been redone using Ian McDairmid as the Emperor. (Ian was the Emperor in Return of the Jedi and the rest of the movies). IN this new scene, he tells Vader that the rebel who destroyed the Death Star is none other than Luke Skywalker, Vader's son! That's how Vader confirms that he does have a son...

http://bscallisto.proboards.com/index.cgi
Charybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2004, 09:49 AM   #46
The 14th Colony
Strike Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by julix
14th colony....It is funny you are trying to remain spoiler free, my hubby is doing the same thing(not me). Although being a SW fan and being on the boards he gets some info anyway not as much as we both did for the last two movies. I read the book for episode two before the movie because I was tempted by the dark side!!!Ha Ha.The book is very good by the way. I have actually never heard the valcano story, I have always heard it was lava. BST It is not from a book that I know of, just a common belief amongst fans...if you guys look you can see pictures that Rowan posted that look like Hayden and it looks like he had fallen in something. 14th let me know how the hypnotism goes..........
Quote:
I have actually never heard the valcano story, I have always heard it was lava.
Silly girl, volcanos spew lava! :laugh:
I have never gotten to see a SW movie unspoiled and I so wish I could. When ANH came out I had to read the book first because my parents procrastinated taking me to see it. Before I saw TESB my dang art teacher ruined it for me by informing me that Vader was Luke's deadbeat dad (no, Homer Simpson was not my art teacher). Then after waiting on the edge of my seat for ROTJ to come out, the night before opening day I purchased Ralph McQuarrie's art book, the photo storybook, and the novel. By the next day I knew enough about the film to be spoiled completely. So, for 16 years I vowed that I would go into the new SW episode unspoiled, though in the 9 months before TPM I found out way too much and went into that film knowing the main points, characters, and locations of the film. Afterward I vowed that for Episode II I would achieve my goal of going in not knowing what to expect. But alas, the internet message boards (Jedinet, to be exact) made it too easy to find out the main points of the story. This time, however, I was determined to stay away from plot points. This is the only episode in 24 years that most people know pretty much what is going to happen for certain, but still, I want to avoid the fine details as much as I can. Alas, the dark side, the quick and easy path, beckons to me despite my willpower.

But frak! I already know how the film is going to end, what new characters are involved, how one of the baddest assed Jedi in history is going to meet his end, what major new(?) starship is going to play a major role, how the film is going to begin, and at least what 2 big story elements are going to be.

My Creativity:
My Writing Page:
Old August 2nd, 2004, 09:50 AM   #47
The 14th Colony
Strike Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charybdis
I do have a bit of news about the revealing of Luke to Vader. Supposedly, in the Special Special Edition of the trilogy that will be released on DVD this September, the scene in Empire STrikes Back where Vader talks to the Emperor aboard his Star Destroyer has been redone using Ian McDairmid as the Emperor. (Ian was the Emperor in Return of the Jedi and the rest of the movies). IN this new scene, he tells Vader that the rebel who destroyed the Death Star is none other than Luke Skywalker, Vader's son! That's how Vader confirms that he does have a son...
I've read this as well. But I still wonder if prior to that conversation, that Vader already knew regardless.

My Creativity:
My Writing Page:
Old August 2nd, 2004, 11:27 AM   #48
The 14th Colony
Strike Leader

Here is a good discussion regarding the new DVDs and all the changes that are being done with the Ultimate Editions:
http://www.galacticsenate.com/index....pic=7566&st=40

My Creativity:
My Writing Page:
Old August 2nd, 2004, 11:29 AM   #49
julix
Bad Email Address

!4th....."silly girl volcanos spew lava".............................All I can say is whoops! I had also heard all the details on the special edition of Star Wars trilogy and I know quite a bit about episode three. I think if you are a fan and you are alive you are gonna hear details!
Old August 5th, 2004, 02:37 PM   #50
Raymar3d
Demonslayer
Vulcan Torturer

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDDigital Artist
BG: The Second Coming
Special Effects Artist
Battlestar Galactica 2003

All I hope is that if they call it "Revenge of the Sith" that we learn why they were seeking revenge, perhaps some actual backstory that isn't about trade disputes.... LOL.

Seriously though, my prediction is Darth Vader will appear in the last five minutes of the film. No Vader hunting down and destroying the Jedi, at least not the Vader as we know him. If anything, it will be Anakin doing it until Obi-Wan beats him at the end and he wakes up on the operating table and sees his fate.

That's my prediction.

What I hope for is that that stuff happens earlier in the film and we get some serious Darth Vader classic time.

Time will tell.

Ken

Humorous alternative: Darth-Darth Binks and Anakin in the Emperor's chamber....

"Strike him down, and take your place at my side!"

"But, Massa, Meesa did what you said!"

Audience cheers, "Do it!!!!"

Anakin strikes down the evil reincarnated spirit of Darth Maul, now residing inside the body of Jar-Jar Binks.
Raymar3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2004, 02:52 PM   #51
Rowan
On Vacation...

Ken I have to say I love your avatar it's one of my most favorite!

I love your idea for the humorous alternative that made me laugh!
Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2004, 08:38 PM   #52
Raymar3d
Demonslayer
Vulcan Torturer

Special Effects Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan
Ken I have to say I love your avatar it's one of my most favorite!
Why, thank you!

That's my suit of armor. If you're into fantasy, check out my website. I'm trying to make a film, plus get a Neverwinter Nights playable computer game module/persistent world up and running on a regular basis, but I will be needing players.

I'm glad you liked the darth-darth binks gag. I was also thinking of turning Yoda to the dark side.

Darth Small

LOL,

Ken
Old August 5th, 2004, 09:15 PM   #53
Rowan
On Vacation...

Why, thank you! Your very welcome! I kept hoping you'd show up so I could tell you that it was just a matter of being patient!

That's my suit of armor.You mean it's a real suit of armor? If you're into fantasy, I love fantasy I spend half my time living in my head check out my website. I did very cool! I had no idea who I was talking to, your very talented Ken! I'm as much of a fan of those who make my fantasy worlds come to life as I am of the actors who star in them! I don't know what I'd do without my Sci-Fi/Fantasy! I'm trying to make a film, plus get a Neverwinter Nights playable computer game module/persistent world up and running on a regular basis, but I will be needing players. ok you lost me there! LOL!

I'm glad you liked the darth-darth binks gag. I was also thinking of turning Yoda to the dark side. I did I was laughing quite at bit at that one!

Darth Small LOL! poor Yoda!

LOL,

Ken
Old August 5th, 2004, 09:59 PM   #54
julix
Bad Email Address

Ken, there is a back story to the sith/jedi dispute...but I will have to ask hubby he is my main source of detailed info.......I will find out! I will also have my hubby check out your website he is a big PC gammer!
Old August 6th, 2004, 06:07 AM   #55
Raymar3d
Demonslayer
Vulcan Torturer

Special Effects Artist

Default Demonslayers and Neverwinter Nights

Rowan,

Here's a link to my info about the game mod I'm working on: http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums...ead.php?t=4870

In a nutshell, Neverwinter Nights is a computer version of Dungeons and Dragons, in which players can assume the role of a character that is a fighter or a sorceror or a druid or a cleric (healer/priest) or other types of careers. Very much in the vein of Lord of the Rings. Much of Dungeons and Dragons was originally based on Lord of the Rings.

The cool thing about Neverwinter Nights, or NWN is that players can also be what is called a Dungeon Master, someone who controls all the creatures and plot of the game. And, you can create your own art and storyline and make your own 'mods' which are basically maps and fill them with monsters.

It's a ton of fun. I've been really hoping some people from here would take some interest, there are a lot of people I've known here for years that I've talked with about Demonslayers, and now I'm trying to show off some of it, so I'm hoping (hint, hint) that they'll come see what it's all about, LOL!

I've even posted some of the storyline.

Sincerely,

Ken

P.S. This is a Star Wars thread, so just so I stay on topic, I even made a Star Wars film in 1978, called "Star Wars: The Return of Darth Vader." Technically, it would be Episode 4.1 in sequence, because it takes place right after Vader spins off away from the Death Star. I'll save the rest of that story for later.
Old August 10th, 2004, 12:18 AM   #56
Rowan
On Vacation...

Rowan,

Here's a link to my info about the game mod I'm working on: http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums...ead.php?t=4870
Cool, thank you very much I'll check it out!

In a nutshell, Neverwinter Nights is a computer version of Dungeons and Dragons, in which players can assume the role of a character that is a fighter or a sorceror or a druid or a cleric (healer/priest) or other types of careers. ah, ok Very much in the vein of Lord of the Rings. Much of Dungeons and Dragons was originally based on Lord of the Rings.I didn't realise this.

The cool thing about Neverwinter Nights, or NWN is that players can also be what is called a Dungeon Master, someone who controls all the creatures and plot of the game. And, you can create your own art and storyline and make your own 'mods' which are basically maps and fill them with monsters. Ok the dungeon master thing I've never quit understood how that works but have been curious about it for years. I'll have to make the effort to look into it and learn a little more.

It's a ton of fun. I've been really hoping some people from here would take some interest, there are a lot of people I've known here for years that I've talked with about Demonslayers, and now I'm trying to show off some of it, so I'm hoping (hint, hint) that they'll come see what it's all about, LOL! ok I'll take your hint and come see

I've even posted some of the storyline.

Sincerely,

Ken
Thanks Ken