Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Other Science Fiction Shows
Notices
Other Science Fiction Shows A place to discuss all of the other Sci-Fi shows
which may tickle your fancy!

Old July 24th, 2004, 01:37 AM   #1
Archangel
Bad Email Address

Default Atlantis' first hour length ep wasn't too bad.

I liked it

Any opinions?
Archangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2004, 02:25 PM   #2
Krystal
Bad Email Address

Cool

It was cool, I specially enjoy all the thing involving McKay. It was hilarious and it was a change to see him fight his fear to get the entity go through the stargate. Also it was interesting to see how the situation between the anthosians and the humans goes, specially it was a nice touch when Dr. Weir light a candle after seeing the anthosians do it. All the thing with the entity and the secret chamber where it was before Jinto released it was very interesting.

It was a great episode, very entertaining.

Krystal
Krystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2004, 06:36 PM   #3
warhammerdriver
Bad Email Address

Very enjoyable.

They could probably do an entire season on the exploration of Atlantis alone. The city looks HUGE. There has got to be more nastiness lying around that the Ancients were studying before the ascended. A lot more trouble just waiting to be gotten in to.
warhammerdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2004, 09:28 AM   #4
unowhoandwhy
Strike Leader

I enjoyed it, but thought it odd that both series had an invisible alien "bad guy."

That said, it was a great premise and I am enjoying some of the supporting characters and hope to see more of them. Specifically, I love the Scottish doctor (Dr. Carson Beckett) and the tech guy, who never seems to wear a uniform with his country's flag on it, so where the heck is that accent from? He is listed as Peter Grodin, played by Craig Veroni.

Halling and his son provide some nice warm (but moderately cheesy) moments.

Each smallest act of kindness reverbrates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.

This Momentous Day, H. R. White

unowhoandwhy is offline   Reply With Quote