Go Back   Colonial Fleets > REJUVENATION CENTER > Galactica Cafe
Notices
Galactica Cafe A place to socialize and have fun!

Old April 23rd, 2004, 06:56 PM   #121
braxiss
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan
but braxiss we are just coming from winter I look like a ghost i'ts not a pretty sight! all that white!

maybe it will be dark inside :laugh: besides it's swing
Old April 23rd, 2004, 06:57 PM   #122
Rowan
On Vacation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by unowhoandwhy
Sounds like a good excuse to break open the piggy bank and get yourself something swirly and pretty.
oh don't tempt me I love swirly adn pretty!
Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2004, 06:59 PM   #123
Rowan
On Vacation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by braxiss
maybe it will be dark inside :laugh: besides it's swing
Dark? no such luck I'm afraid It's going to be in a gym she said with a bank of windows at one end and a bank of mirrors at the other end at 2pm in the afternoon!

besides it's swing? I don't understand...you mean who cares?
Old April 23rd, 2004, 07:28 PM   #124
unowhoandwhy
Strike Leader

Maybe everyone will be so busy dancing and swinging that they won't notice the winter white? Or, more likely, it being Canada in the spring, everyone else will have the same winter white legs!

Each smallest act of kindness reverbrates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.

This Momentous Day, H. R. White

unowhoandwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2004, 07:36 PM   #125
braxiss
Major

Quote:
Dark? no such luck I'm afraid It's going to be in a gym she said with a bank of windows at one end and a bank of mirrors at the other end at 2pm in the afternoon!

besides it's swing? I don't understand...you mean who cares?

it's swing just means it's swing danceing,so have fun
Old April 23rd, 2004, 07:36 PM   #126
Rowan
On Vacation...

that's true! LOL! just a little self concious I guess! Hey I'm also looking into taking belly dancing , they are offering it at my college and I'm tempted to try that too...LOL!
Old April 23rd, 2004, 07:39 PM   #127
unowhoandwhy
Strike Leader

Make sure you hit the tanning booths before that if you're afraid of showing some winter white!

Each smallest act of kindness reverbrates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.

Old April 23rd, 2004, 07:46 PM   #128
Rowan
On Vacation...

I've never done that before...but I'm thinking (despite all the bad stuff I know) of sitting out in the sun for a bit LOL! people always tell me I look too white so ...

I can't wait I feel nervous and excited all together!
I know you are not going to believe this but I am painfully shy! and it is going to be hard to walk into a room full of strangers!
Old April 23rd, 2004, 07:58 PM   #129
braxiss
Major

rowan your going to have alot of fun
Old April 23rd, 2004, 08:02 PM   #130
unowhoandwhy
Strike Leader

Quote:
I've never done that before...but I'm thinking (despite all the bad stuff I know) of sitting out in the sun for a bit LOL! people always tell me I look too white so ...

I can't wait I feel nervous and excited all together!
I know you are not going to believe this but I am painfully shy! and it is going to be hard to walk into a room full of strangers!
If you don't usually sit out in the sun I wouldn't recommend it without a very strong sunscreen, and that would sort of defeat the purpose, wouldn't it?

As for being nervous, just think of all the people at Fleets who are rooting for you and walk in there with a smile.

Old April 23rd, 2004, 08:04 PM   #131
Rowan
On Vacation...

Thank you Braxiss and Unowhoandwhy I'll do my best to be brave and have fun!
Old April 25th, 2004, 08:48 AM   #132
Rowan
On Vacation...

ok I'm off for my motorcycle ride and then the swing dancing class I'll report back here later today and tell you how it went! ACK! I'm excited to of my favorite things in one day!
Old April 25th, 2004, 06:28 PM   #133
Rowan
On Vacation...

Motorcycle ride was great after the long winter!

Ok the swing dancing classes were great! I'm hooked! The first one I took was East Coast, and the next one was Lindy Hop, then I stayed and watched the next class. there are more girls than guys perenial problem with dancing...but it was great the guys were very nice and we got to switch partners every so many minutes so you get to dance with every one in the class. The instructor was a little flighty at times but gave very detailed instructions on how to move where to place your hands, dance eitiquette etc. very informative. I learned enough in 2 hours to actually be able to dance with someone to music, very cool! So now I have to practice but no one to practice with I need to find a place around here were people go to dance! and I need to get some more dance music. I can't wait for the next lesson! I wish I could get some every day!
Old April 25th, 2004, 07:18 PM   #134
braxiss
Major

sounds great rowan
Old April 25th, 2004, 07:47 PM   #135
Rowan
On Vacation...

oh Braxiss thank you SOOOOO much for the encouragement! Braxiss
Old April 25th, 2004, 08:11 PM   #136
braxiss
Major

i'm always here for a friend
Old April 25th, 2004, 08:49 PM   #137
Rowan
On Vacation...

Well that is very nice to know and I am here for you as well!
Old April 26th, 2004, 01:26 AM   #138
kitty
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Motorcycle ride was great after the long winter!

Ok the swing dancing classes were great! I'm hooked! The first one I took was East Coast, and the next one was Lindy Hop, then I stayed and watched the next class. there are more girls than guys perenial problem with dancing...but it was great the guys were very nice and we got to switch partners every so many minutes so you get to dance with every one in the class. The instructor was a little flighty at times but gave very detailed instructions on how to move where to place your hands, dance eitiquette etc. very informative. I learned enough in 2 hours to actually be able to dance with someone to music, very cool! So now I have to practice but no one to practice with I need to find a place around here were people go to dance! and I need to get some more dance music. I can't wait for the next lesson! I wish I could get some every day!
I am glad that you enjoyed it.
I do not think that single men realise the potential of dance classes, when it comes to meeting the fairer sex! What a shame!
kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2004, 01:43 AM   #139
Rowan
On Vacation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorrell
I am glad that you enjoyed it.
I do not think that single men realise the potential of dance classes, when it comes to meeting the fairer sex! What a shame!
I have to agree, This was my first experience really dancing with a man not a relative or boyfriend, baring a couple of dances at a bar when both parties had been drinking. It is quite different, holding each others hands, looking at each others faces when we dance (as the teacher kept telling us to do.) You have to get right into each others personal space, you touch each other in ways two complete strangers NEVER would! It really breaks the ice! It's also very traditional in that the Man is expected to lead and the woman to follow, which at times messed with my little untraditional brain, but at other times I found it really appealing...LOL!
Old April 26th, 2004, 01:48 AM   #140
kitty
Bad Email Address

I have always wanted to learn salsa.
Maybe one day I will.
Good on you for over coming your barriers and doing something that you have been wanting to do.
Will you be going every week now?
Old April 26th, 2004, 02:03 AM   #141
Rowan
On Vacation...

Thanks Sorrell I'm really glad I got off my maximus glutimus and took the plunge!
Oh I'd love to learn salsa too Sorrell! LOL! I love all dancing! as a girl I did years ballet, Jazz ballet, tap, etc it's in my blood, I have to dance! I signed up for the intro to both which is a total of 7 courses over the next 4 Sundays, then depending how well I did I 'll be able to move up to the beginner level after that, other wise you repeat the level, it's rediculousy inexpensive, so very affordable. They have a big dance coming up in July with a live band and I want to be as experienced as possible before that date...that is my goal! LOL! I should be almost finished the beginner level by then it would take another 36 weeks to complete the highest level baring never "failing" a level....So in ansewer to your question Yes I will be going every week till my money runs out LOL!

Old April 26th, 2004, 02:17 AM   #142
kitty
Bad Email Address

I took a look. What a lovely setting. Its great to be able to do something different, a cultured evening out. I assume that you get student rates. Cor, live band and dance, sounds wonderful! I bet it will beat a normal night out on the town.
Old April 26th, 2004, 10:29 AM   #143
Rowan
On Vacation...

Quote:
I took a look. What a lovely setting. Its great to be able to do something different, a cultured evening out. I assume that you get student rates. Cor, live band and dance, sounds wonderful! I bet it will beat a normal night out on the town.
Oh I agree Sorrell It's a little fantasy come true I must admit...I's a very pretty little town, very picturesque, I hardly ever get to do stuff like that! I feel like I'm being transported back in time, the expected gentlemanly conduct (they have rules we have to follow, very cute) a "formal" dance invironment, an evening out listening to music from the big band era and swing dancing yup I'm in heaven now just thinking about it!

I didn't even ask about student rates a class is only 6 dollars, and you can drop in anytime they are in session and it only costs 4 dollars to do that and when I stayed to watch the next level dance she told me if they were a follow short (follow is a woman) then I could join the class for free... I'd feel bad paying less it's so one on one I had the instructor as my partner half the time.
Old April 26th, 2004, 10:33 AM   #144
unowhoandwhy
Strike Leader

Quote:
I have always wanted to learn salsa.
Maybe one day I will.
Good on you for over coming your barriers and doing something that you have been wanting to do.
Will you be going every week now?
Salsa is so much fun and very sexy with the right person. Go for it, sorrell! Just don't forget to sheathe your claws and leave the AK-47 at home!

Rowan - good for you! I am so glad to hear that you went through with it and actually enjoyed yourself. Congrats!

Old April 26th, 2004, 11:08 AM   #145
Rowan
On Vacation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by unowhoandwhy
Salsa is so much fun and very sexy with the right person. mmmmm sexy....must try! Go for it, sorrell! Just don't forget to sheathe your claws and leave the AK-47 at home!

Rowan - good for you! I am so glad to hear that you went through with it and actually enjoyed yourself. Congrats!