Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Miscellaneous Entertainment
Notices
Miscellaneous Entertainment Talk about any other shows not covered by other forums.

Old July 25th, 2006, 05:54 AM   #1
neilfsmith
Bad Email Address

Exclamation new Six Million Dollar Man movie?

Have any of you seen this?
six Million Dollar Man teaser

I had heard that Jim Carey was going to be in it about 2 or 3 years ago and that it was going to be a comedy but it never got made... then a friend shows me this yesterday... I thought it was fake at first, but then I heard that the teaser was leaked by someone at universal, and that Dave Myers is directing. Anyone know anything about this?
neilfsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2006, 10:45 AM   #2
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

I tried going to the website that was listed at the end of the teaser, and this is what I got:

"Directory Listing Denied
This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed."

So, I don't know.

Respectfully,
Martok2112
Old July 25th, 2006, 11:15 AM   #3
neilfsmith
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by martok2112
I tried going to the website that was listed at the end of the teaser, and this is what I got:

"Directory Listing Denied
This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed."
Well, that's kinda what I mean. There's a lot of wierd stuff going on for something that supposedly doesn;'t exist.
neilfsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2006, 12:17 PM   #4
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

Colonial Fleets

It's also not listed in IMDB.com, nor under Will Smith's IMDB profile...

I think it's bogus, if you ask me.

Bryan

"If you love long enough, wish hard enough, anything is possible" - From The Boy Who Could Fly
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2006, 12:42 PM   #5
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

Colonial Fleets

Methinks to agree with ye.
Old July 25th, 2006, 02:15 PM   #6
KJ
Strike Leader

Neat teaser even if it is fake (6 Million dollars is hardly big enough for anykind of Bionic surgery today if it were possible? and Will Smith's name just popping up, at random.) But thanks for putting it up here for a peek anyhow.

Even though alot of us here don't like remakes, you'd think in today's market for updated movies based on TV series, that the Six Million Dollar Man/Bionic Man would've been done already. I known there's the Kevin Smith script which was a serious adaptation of the SMDM mythos and gave the old character a darker edge. Then as said above there was an announcement of the Jim Carey comedy take version but since then, nothing.

You'd think with all the superhero movies and asian martial arts films that we have currently as action movies. That sooner or later a sci-fi concept like "Bionics" would get to be touched upon in the 21st century with all the CGI and digital technology available in movie making right now of all things?

Well rumors like this are often debunked and proven wrong, but anything possible. I mean if an old Glen Larson series does get a modern update for the big screen (how many have their been anyways?) it would be a step in the right direction for others to follow suit soon afterwards as well (*cough* TOS BG *cough*).

One to keep an eye out for methinks.

KJ
Old August 28th, 2006, 03:42 AM   #7
captmiloman
Bad Email Address

This would have been reported on E!, Entertainment Tonight, Access Hollywood, etc. if true. I'm kind of surprised that Sci-Fi hasn't developted anything based on this. (cough)Nathan Fillion as Steve Austin(cough).
captmiloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2006, 09:33 PM   #8
KJ
Strike Leader

Heard that Larson doesn't have most of his old TV series movie rights except Battlestar Galactica and a few minor others.

If and when a movie materialises i think they've got two or three choices?

1) Do Kevin Smith's script.

2) Or develop a new but still darker version which would be a sci-fi action movie. But base it around the original "Cyborg" novel if at all possible.

3) Base the new movie around the animated TV series "Bionic 6"? But without pandering it down to little kiddie and upgrade its material and direct it towards the PG-13 crowd (isn't everything these days?).

Out of all the remakes seen thus far, you'd think somebody would see the Bionic Man as a no-brainer for a new movie franchise! Then again this is Hollywood and i'd rather see a fresh new concept of the Six Million Dollar Man's Steve Austin character entirely. Than a comedic spin version.

KJ
Old September 10th, 2006, 11:22 PM   #9
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Kingjason
Heard that Larson doesn't have most of his old TV series movie rights except Battlestar Galactica and a few minor others.

If and when a movie materialises i think they've got two or three choices?

1) Do Kevin Smith's script.

2) Or develop a new but still darker version which would be a sci-fi action movie. But base it around the original "Cyborg" novel if at all possible.

3) Base the new movie around the animated TV series "Bionic 6"? But without pandering it down to little kiddie and upgrade its material and direct it towards the PG-13 crowd (isn't everything these days?).

Out of all the remakes seen thus far, you'd think somebody would see the Bionic Man as a no-brainer for a new movie franchise! Then again this is Hollywood and i'd rather see a fresh new concept of the Six Million Dollar Man's Steve Austin character entirely. Than a comedic spin version.

KJ

Well, bro, at least ya' can't gender switch The Six Million Dollar Man, 'coz if you did, then you'd be retelling the story of "The Bionic Woman".

As for the PG-13 rating...well, PG-13's pretty much become the current day "PG"...the middleground.

PG is much closer to G anymore.
Old September 11th, 2006, 07:58 AM   #10
KJ
Strike Leader

Well a R rated Bionic-Man movie would be very weird. unless it went the horror route for some bizarre reason. A villainous Steve Austin who went mad from his bionic upgrade, kind of like the "Seven Million Dollar Man" 'Barney Miller', might turn off the long time fans of the series.

Love the sound of it and its kinda controversial sounding, but i doubt it would happen!

PG-13 is what a Bionic Man movie would definately be.

KJ
Old September 11th, 2006, 09:55 AM   #11
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

Colonial Fleets

It could easilly get an R rating if they graphically showed Steve Austin's fateful crash. (missing arm and legs, and eye....bleeding profusely)