Go Back   Colonial Fleets > REJUVENATION CENTER > Galactica Cafe
Notices
Galactica Cafe A place to socialize and have fun!

Old October 9th, 2005, 06:15 PM   #1
captmiloman
Bad Email Address

Default John Lennon's 65th Birthday

May he continue to rest in peace.
captmiloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2005, 06:18 PM   #2
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

It's hard to believe that he's been gone for almost 25 years.

You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2005, 06:31 PM   #3
Breea
Bad Email Address

That man certainly had a way with words....I loved his music..he was so talented/
Breea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2005, 06:45 PM   #4
Jester

zzzzzzz zzzzzzz zzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzz
Old October 9th, 2005, 09:03 PM   #5
Dawg
Great Wise Guru

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDCo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

John Lennon, with Paul McCartney and on his own, created some of the most lasting and truly classic music of anyone in music history. I suspect that in future generations he will be remembered in the same breath as Beethoven, Bach and Chopin, who created music for their time that survives the ages.

I must say, Jester, that I take your post as disrespectful, both of the late Mr. Lennon and the sentiments of those who posted before you. Did you mean it that way?

I am
Dawg

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2005, 10:15 PM   #6
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

John Lennon, one of the greatest, if moody, songwriters ever to live. He and Paul MacCartney were a hell of a team.

I can tell you this....he is worthy of worlds more respect than Kurt Cobain...that's for sure.

Martok2112
Old October 10th, 2005, 04:54 AM   #7
BRG
Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg
John Lennon, with Paul McCartney and on his own, created some of the most lasting and truly classic music of anyone in music history. I suspect that in future generations he will be remembered in the same breath as Beethoven, Bach and Chopin, who created music for their time that survives the ages.

I
I am
Dawg
Well said Dawg

Rest in peace John.
BRG
BRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2005, 11:11 AM   #8
Jester

First, Let me state that as far as Mr. Lennon being shot down - NOBODY - no matter who he is, deserves that fate and the person responsable should be hanged from the nearest lamp pole.

The reason for my comments is -IMO- Mr. Lennon IS NOT the greatest HERO everyone makes him out to be. There are many more worthy HERO's of that era that never will be known. I also have issues with Mr. Lennon and the Drug Culture which he seemed to promote. While it is true Mr. Lennon was a great musician - that is all he was - a Musician. Nothing of the class of Bono and the things he has done - on his own - to make the World a better place.

As I am sure you will agree, I have my right to my opinion just as you do. No disrespect was intended to anyone - as I said - it is just my opinion.

Old October 10th, 2005, 11:57 AM   #9
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
First, Let me state that as far as Mr. Lennon being shot down - NOBODY - no matter who he is, deserves that fate and the person responsable should be hanged from the nearest lamp pole.

The reason for my comments is -IMO- Mr. Lennon IS NOT the greatest HERO everyone makes him out to be. There are many more worthy HERO's of that era that never will be known. I also have issues with Mr. Lennon and the Drug Culture which he seemed to promote. While it is true Mr. Lennon was a great musician - that is all he was - a Musician. Nothing of the class of Bono and the things he has done - on his own - to make the World a better place.

As I am sure you will agree, I have my right to my opinion just as you do. No disrespect was intended to anyone - as I said - it is just my opinion.

I can appreciate your sentiment that John Lennon was not the greatest hero or anything like that. There's always someone better in our own minds. You cited Bono. U2 used to be my favorite band. (After Rattle and Hum, they just kinda went downhill. IMHO)

Thank you for clarifying your position.

Respectfully,
Martok2112

P.S. Paul wuz me favorite Beatle.
Old October 10th, 2005, 12:04 PM   #10
Dawg
Great Wise Guru

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDCo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

Frankly - IMO - as a musical talent Bono doesn't hold a candle to John Lennon. As a humanitarian, different story. Here's a guy using his celebrity to make an informed difference in the world - unlike the Sean Penns of the entertainment industry.

What we recognize as great music is in the ear of the beholder - and in the history texts.

As far as "Hero" is concerned - you don't find too many musical heroes in history. You find great musicians with great talent to move the human heart, if only for a moment. Great composers or lyricists don't stop wars or make the desert bloom, but their work can lift the hearts of the tired and downtrodden.

I suspect I am older than you are, Jester - by a couple of decades, probably.

I don't take issue with your opinion. I take issue with the disrespectful nature of your expression of it: "Bored Now, snoring". Not respectful at all - not of Lennon's memory, not of the opinions of captmiloman, BST, or Breea, or of the brief memorial note this thread was meant to be.

I am
Dawg

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote