Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Miscellaneous Entertainment
Notices
Miscellaneous Entertainment Talk about any other shows not covered by other forums.

Old June 25th, 2003, 08:31 PM   #1
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Cool Attention Ren and Stimpy Fans!

They're back! That mildly insane chihuahua and blissfully dumb cat are returning! This Thursday 6/26/03 on TNN at 10:00PM!

This looks like it will be all new episodes tailored truly for the adults (weren't they really anyway?). That's all I know.

I'll be watching! See you there!!!

Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2003, 08:43 PM   #2
jjrakman

Save my Walrus!
Old June 29th, 2003, 11:09 AM   #3
une
Shuttle Pilot

Aren't they going to make Ren and Stimpy gay lovers in this one? This is going to be really bizarre.
HAL: I'm afraid. I'm afraid, Dave. Dave, my mind is going. I can feel it. I can feel it. My mind is going. There is no question about it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I'm a...fraid. Good afternoon, gentlemen. I am a HAL 9000 computer. I became operational at the H.A.L. plant in Urbana, Illinois on the 12th of January 1992. My instructor was Mr. Langley, and he taught me to sing a song. If you'd like to hear it I can sing it for you.
Dave Bowman: Yes, I'd like to hear it, HAL. Sing it for me.
HAL: It's called "Daisy."
[sings while slowing down]
HAL: Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do. I'm half crazy all for the love of you. It won't be a stylish marriage, I can't afford a carriage. But you'll look sweet upon the seat of a bicycle built for two.
une is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2003, 03:52 PM   #4
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Hi une and jjrakman

Yes, this new episode was truly bizarre. I really really hate to ever say negative things about stuff I like or hope to like, but I have to say I was disappointed. The gay lovers bit tuned me out quite a lot. Also, I thought it was just too bizarre. I guess one of the best things about the original was the "almost too far but safe by a slight margin" restrictions put on the original show, probably cuz it was aimed at kids after all. Of course, the original was actually too much for kids and just right for adults. But this new one was a bit over the top. Also, I was disappointed that there was actually not much content like the original had. Mostly it just tried to squeeze the most out of a few jokes.

I have not given up yet. I will tune in next Thursday and see if this was just a fluke. I really really loved the original Ren and Stimpy. Here's hoping the new one will capture some of that illusive charm. We all are just tall kids after all.

Old June 30th, 2003, 05:56 PM   #5
une
Shuttle Pilot

When does the show come on? I missed it.
HAL: I'm afraid. I'm afraid, Dave. Dave, my mind is going. I can feel it. I can feel it. My mind is going. There is no question about it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I'm a...fraid. Good afternoon, gentlemen. I am a HAL 9000 computer. I became operational at the H.A.L. plant in Urbana, Illinois on the 12th of January 1992. My instructor was Mr. Langley, and he taught me to sing a song. If you'd like to hear it I can sing it for you.
HAL: Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do. I'm half crazy all for the love of you. It won't be a stylish marriage, I can't afford a carriage. But you'll look sweet upon the seat of a bicycle built for two.
Old June 30th, 2003, 07:44 PM   #6
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Hi une!

I PM'd you but just in case anyone else wonders too, here is the info.

If you missed last Thursday's Ren and Stimpy Adult Party, you can catch it again tonite (Monday) at 12:30 am on TNN.

The regular new showings are on Thursdays at 10:00 PM on TNN. If you miss that, it is usually on again several times late at night the following days.

For the full R&S showtimes list, here's the link:

http://www.thenewtnn.com/schedule/TN...N_show.jhtml.5

Old June 30th, 2003, 10:12 PM   #7
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

P.S. The times I listed are Pacific time, sorry about the omission
Old July 1st, 2003, 01:03 AM   #8
thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

wasn't this the one where they were in space? I seem to recall that from the original run.

"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2003, 09:30 AM   #9
Laura Elizabeth
Bad Email Address

Yet again, something that worked, and was great, has been changed.

*sigh*
Laura Elizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2003, 03:48 PM   #10
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Hi Thomas,

No, these are truly new eps. (Definitely). TNN also shows the original eps at other show times, but the Adult Party eps are brand new.

Hi Laura! Welcome to Colonial Fleets! Yeah, a big sigh from me too. Why do people mess with things that worked they way they were? The original Ren and Stimpy, like the original BSG, were truly great. My guess is the new mini of BSG will be a lot worse - luckily I won't be watching!

Well, I'll see if R & S tomorrow night is any better...

Old July 4th, 2003, 05:53 PM   #11
une
Shuttle Pilot

hehehe I saw Ren and Stimpy last night. Those new episodes weren't that bad. In fact, the entire TNN cartoon line up wasn't even half as bad as I thought it would be.
Old July 5th, 2003, 12:43 PM   #12
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Hey all! Just saw the second episode (Ren goes to Dr. Mr. Horse for help). It was great! Glad to see the old silly humor still has its charm.

Goodie, now I have a show to look forward to, along with I Dream of Jeannie.