Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old December 17th, 2002, 11:20 PM   #1
thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

Default OT-Treasure Planet Box Office

hmmmm... I remember thinking this film was a baaad idea when it was being made. But everyone in Disney told me how great they thought it was. I just kept thinking that the basic concept of the movie sucks. They don't understand the heart of the story of Treasure Island. They don't understand why the book was so great. Everyone was so into themselves and patting each other on the back every time we saw dailes.

I was always bored. I even got to see the whole thing put together before it premeire and I was really really bored. I had to stop it and do something else. But the Disney inhouse fanclub was really excited by this.

Well.. After three weeks it has grossed $28 million at the box office. Last week it made $3,100.

This film cost $140 millione to make.

OUCH.

I can't believe that they couldn't realize that this was a baaad idea.

"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2002, 03:21 AM   #2
vmnjn
Bad Email Address

Default Embarrased

Okay... this will probably ruin any respect anyone here might have for me.

I'm still managing to hide it from the wife but...

I liked Treasure Planet but its not my fault... I was pulled in by the special effects, calmed by the character growth of Jim Hawkins, then straddled by the feline cylon capta...

Oops, mixing threads at 5am is not a good idea.

Still I actually enjoyed the movie. Even bought the "Battle At Procyon" Starfleet Command clone game.
vmnjn is offline   Reply With Quote