Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old November 15th, 2009, 08:32 AM   #1
KJ
Strike Leader

Default Re: A BSG Extras DVD: A Call to David Kerin?

I want to take this up again at some point next year, in doing a fan related Battlestar Galactica DVD.

Several in fact.

Nothing's ever written in stone, and we've all got grant ideas to experiment with, and this fanbase needs to get truly organised with some of the better intended plans it does come up with. Seriously its time some fan made BG DVD's were put out there, with this fanbase's passion put into them. I can actually see some neat original fan produced material coming through and being created.

With ideas running amuck like; 'Battlestar Galactica Remastered' on Blu-Ray, the motion picture BG film discussions, and David Kerin's recent BG CG fan movie work. If we all indulged a little in making some fan edited DVD's, Galactica fandom in general would benefit from it, overall.

Got some theories on the cards as to certain BG fan projects in mind?

But we'll see later on how it all goes. Will post again on the subject matter, should the interest develop with many members wanting the same thing etc?!?

KJ
Old November 16th, 2009, 07:50 AM   #2
newborn
Bad Email Address

does anyone know where I can find links to download these fan edit?

thanks,

Newborn
newborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2009, 11:34 AM   #3
KJ
Strike Leader

Well, this was originally a request thread to put out many other BG fan made and edited DVD's of battlestar Galactica, besides David's work in conjunction with making supporting DVD's with content akin to many other science fiction fan edits online etc. But if its links to his edits you want newborn which are still online, go here at;

http://fanedit.org/?s=battlestar+galactica

And choose one of several BG fan edits of his.

Enjoy!

KJ
Old November 16th, 2009, 12:01 PM   #4
KJ
Strike Leader

hmm? the guy called "Visor" over there reviewing David's SOATW is a bit of an ass though. If anyone's got a fanedit account/membership please give a far more positive review of the Saga edit and chastise visor for his stupid comments.

Going on about caplocks? bloody hell, not like Dave was ranting or anything, he clearly wanted to make his synopsis of the edit he put up to be very clear and able to read well enough for everybody. Visor must be a TOS hater or something, ask him if he could do any better (which i very much doubt?).

KJ
Old November 16th, 2009, 04:28 PM   #5
David Kerin
Warrior Ace

Colonial Fan ForceArtist
Colonial Fan Force
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDBattlestar Galactica
Revivalist

Out of curiosity I read through Visor's review, and it wasn't that horrible. Some of his points are valid, and remember these are fan-edit people who have been doing it for a long time. Looking back, the way I was converting the video to go into Premiere did end up with compression. There are things that won't bother other people, but to people around that site they will see it instantly. Although he was wrong about taking them from xvid sources.

Also, for his comment on some of the city backgrounds looking fake, I purposely used painted scifi art cities from the 1970s-ish era as a reflection on the time of the production, rather than going for realism. Part of my love for that 70s scifi painted look.

As for caps-lock, I actually did not post them or type any of the stuff on fanedit.org, that was done by someone else. And it goes to show how anything written, be it electronic or on paper, can be vastly misconstrued by the reader. He (or she) obviously took something from there that had no intention or meaning.

Its good to hear the good and the bad, so no worries here. There were some valid points in there that I already knew existed before reading that review. Its all the learning process.
David Kerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2009, 07:02 PM   #6
KJ
Strike Leader

Maybe so David, but i think his opinions could've had a little thought put into them regardless.

He gave a review without seeing it though?

Sorry but i have trouble taking anyone seriously if they give an opinion based on watching clips and not the actual thing over there. Yes he did raise issues about video compression and whatnot, but depending on his own skills to make his own edits, i think he's someone who knows alot but doesn't have the ability nor the skills himself to do his own work any better than you. i.e. he could be an average schmoe with a big mouth.

Thats what i got from him reading his comments anyhow.

Him being vastly knowledgeble about all the 'tech' and editing, wouldn't make him great at his own edits necessarily by comparison to other filmfan editors though, etc.

KJ
Old November 16th, 2009, 08:18 PM   #7
David Kerin
Warrior Ace

Colonial Fan ForceArtist
Colonial Fan Force
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDBattlestar Galactica
Revivalist

Oh I hear ya KJ... if there is anything I've come to realize is there are an endless number of people who well tell you how everything should have been done differently, yet never put anything out there themselves. Its the internet and there's nothing to stop them. The best thing I've learned is to take what they say and if there is something to be gained from it, then learn from it (just cause they didn't make someting doesn't mean they don't see something I should have). If they're just posturing and cutting down to make themselves look more knowledgeable or important, then let them do it. It must make them feel important. Its not going to stop me from trying something new, and it may help me. Unless they're crap blowing monkey lovers (nothing against monkeys or the Monkees) trying to blow smoke up their own behinds... in which case its not worth the energy engaging them.

There are all types out there... for better or worse.
David Kerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2011, 02:22 PM   #8
CaptainHawke
Warrior

Has there been any resolution on this? Was this ever made?
CaptainHawke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2013, 11:42 AM   #9
BountyHunter
Shuttle Pilot

I'm guessing this is totally dead? Too bad. :[
BountyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote