Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old June 20th, 2003, 10:19 AM   #1
jjrakman

Default What's the difference between these two?

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0314979

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0368594
Old June 20th, 2003, 10:39 AM   #2
LucianG
Warrior

VG usually stands for videogame at imdb.com. Overall, that entire entry looks goofy.

First, I wasn't aware that Dirk and Richard were providing voices for the videogame. Considering that it is supposed to take place 40 yahrens earlier than the original series, their voices for Kara Thrace aka Starbuck and Lee Adama aka Apollo must be like "ga ga ga" or similar babytalk. Besides, Dirk played Starbuck, not Kara Thrace, and Richard portrayed Apollo, not Lee Adama. And while he's a good actor, I don't know how good Dirk's female falsetto will be.

Then, there's the description: "William Adama (who uses the callsign Husker) must fight the Cylons in the human-Cylon war, forty years before the events depicted in the Battlestar Galactica television series and mini series." Maybe before the upcoming mini-series, but not before the television series.

Finally, there's the country and language:

"Country: UK
Language: Afrikaans"

Overall, this looks like a very poorly edited cut and paste job to me.

"Tilting at the SciFi windmill"
LucianG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2003, 11:42 AM   #3
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

According to that note Sophie left us (see BSG news forum) Richard has the part of Paulus in the video game... and he noted in his last newsletter that both he and Dirk did voices.

I'm suspecting the name change on Adama may be mostly in the "packaging" and not as noticeable in the game. I get the feeling the game folks are more in tune with us than with the mini. Just an early interview one did....

Perhaps we'll get the game designers to come to Galacticon and get to quiz them ourselves.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2003, 11:49 AM   #4
Dawg
Great Wise Guru

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDCo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

I am incredibly concerned that, regardless of how the game plays, if the box says the player is playing the role of William "Husker" Adama, the purchase of the game will be seen as support for the mini.

Any thoughts on that?

I am
Dawg

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2003, 12:13 PM   #5
jjrakman

Jewels, what exactly do you mean, Apollo has the part of Paulus? Is Richard Hatch playing a role other than Apollo?
Old June 21st, 2003, 07:44 PM   #6
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

I was being brain dead, typed Apollo when I should have put in Richard, was trying to say Richard wasn't playing Apollo. So much for thinking I'd caught up on my sleep. Zzzzzzzz.:o

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote